munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

With duke gone this seems to increase chubbs value in ppr leagues. Thoughts..

Think again. :) Doesn't hurt his value to any real degree, in fact if anything helps it because no Duke to sneak a few carries away esp on those toss it to the RB on 3d down plays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely this transfer represents an uptick for his target market share. It is reasonable to expect an improvement in line with Odell beckham's air yards per touch. Stock up. RB1 ROS buy unchanged?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Surely this transfer represents an uptick for his target market share. It is reasonable to expect an improvement in line with Odell beckham's air yards per touch. Stock up. RB1 ROS buy unchanged?

What is “target market share”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

With duke gone this seems to increase chubbs value in ppr leagues. Thoughts..

Somehow you said increase and I read decrease. Disregard reply above doh!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Surely this transfer represents an uptick for his target market share. It is reasonable to expect an improvement in line with Odell beckham's air yards per touch. Stock up. RB1 ROS buy unchanged?

 

Until Hunt comes back there is really no one else around. There could be a kid in camp that has impressed enough to make Duke expendable but after looking at the team's depth chart there is no one that jumps out as an obvious 3rd down back.  It's early in camp and teams will make cuts and I fully expect the Browns to scoop someone up. Hopefully no one too good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

 

Until Hunt comes back there is really no one else around. There could be a kid in camp that has impressed enough to make Duke expendable but after looking at the team's depth chart there is no one that jumps out as an obvious 3rd down back.  It's early in camp and teams will make cuts and I fully expect the Browns to scoop someone up. Hopefully no one too good. 

Dontrell Hilliard perhaps.  But this is great news for Chubb, regardless.  Duke was one of the premier pass-catching backs in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Bad news for Chubb. What this signals is that the Browns have legitimate plans for and are counting on Kareem Hunt, as he is now a necessity due to lack of options behind Chubb. This is a move made to demonstrating faith in Hunt as a second RB option, not Chubb as a workhorse. It helps Chubb for the first 8 weeks, but it’s clear now that they have Hunt plans.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Bad news for Chubb. What this signals is that the Browns have legitimate plans for and are counting on Kareem Hunt, as he is now a necessity due to lqck of options behind Chubb. This is a move made to demonstrating faith in Hunt as a second RB option, not Chubb as a workhorse.

Disagree - I think with the emergence of Hilliard, they simply didn’t have any further need for Johnson and couldn’t pass up a potential third-round pick for him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 6:20 PM, Golden Spikes said:

 

 

Watch the browns sign Melvin LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MJJ28 said:

Bad news for Chubb. What this signals is that the Browns have legitimate plans for and are counting on Kareem Hunt, as he is now a necessity due to lack of options behind Chubb. This is a move made to demonstrating faith in Hunt as a second RB option, not Chubb as a workhorse. It helps Chubb for the first 8 weeks, but it’s clear now that they have Hunt plans.

LOL because they moved Duke that has been begging for a trade all summer? If you had someone on your team that didn't want to be there wouldn't you trade him to at least get something instead of dealing with the headache all season? IMO the Duke move has absolutely nothing to do with Hunt. Hunt may still be a big part of the offense when he comes back but way to early to tell.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bigslick631 said:

LOL because they moved Duke that has been begging for a trade all summer? If you had someone on your team that didn't want to be there wouldn't you trade him to at least get something instead of dealing with the headache all season? IMO the Duke move has absolutely nothing to do with Hunt. Hunt may still be a big part of the offense when he comes back but way to early to tell.

 

Duke is a useful NFL player. You don’t give away useful players for nothing when attempting to compete without a contingency plan. This is a show of faith in Hunt, as even teams with the most elite of elite RBs still like having a capable #2.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

I agree with not drafting Hunt because roster space is too valuable especially through the bye weeks to start week 1 holding a player for week 10. But that's also why I'm not downgrading Chubb much because of the later presence of Hunt. Fantasy players often overplan for the fantasy playoffs and weeks 9 through 13 in weeks 1 through 6 (selecting players based on fantasy playoff strength of schedule and all other sorts of planning way too far ahead) instead of planning for weeks 1 through 6. The same reason people shouldn't get excited about drafting Hunt for his upside around the point when he'll finally be available is also a reason not to think too much about how his production will eat into Chubb's way down the line. By week 10 most people are playing with at least one of the top RBs they drafted being injured and starting people like last year's Nick Chubb or Damien Williams anyways so I figure grab the great production now (similar to grabbing Kamara last year when Ingram was out) and don't worry too much that its going to take a hit much later in the year. 

 

Fair enough but you gotta downgrade him a little.  I mean, any RB that has a Pro Bowl calibre RB joining the team midseason has at least a little more risk.  But I do agree...8 weeks is a long time and who knows what could happen.  Maybe Hunt gets traded or whatever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJJ28 said:

Bad news for Chubb. What this signals is that the Browns have legitimate plans for and are counting on Kareem Hunt, as he is now a necessity due to lack of options behind Chubb. This is a move made to demonstrating faith in Hunt as a second RB option, not Chubb as a workhorse. It helps Chubb for the first 8 weeks, but it’s clear now that they have Hunt plans.

Spot on. Going to be a 1-2 punch with Hunt and Chubb. Should be an awesome combo. I thought they may keep Duke and trade Hunt which would’ve been good news for Chubb. But Dorsey clearly likes Hunt and does not intend to trade him this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeesh some of these takes. Come on this is nothing but good news for Chubb. He’ll be even beastlier the first 8 games without Duke around to take the majority of passing downs and now the scenario of Chubb/Hunt working in some sort of early down tandem with Duke as the 3rd down back is gone. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeesh some of these takes. Come on this is nothing but good news for Chubb. He’ll be even beastlier the first 8 games without Duke around to take the majority of passing downs and now the scenario of Chubb/Hunt working in some sort of early down tandem with Duke as the 3rd down back is gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

Bad news for Chubb. What this signals is that the Browns have legitimate plans for and are counting on Kareem Hunt, as he is now a necessity due to lack of options behind Chubb. This is a move made to demonstrating faith in Hunt as a second RB option, not Chubb as a workhorse. It helps Chubb for the first 8 weeks, but it’s clear now that they have Hunt plans.

Wut? Teams don't bank on waiting 8 weeks for a player and sacrifice depth/talent in the interim. Chubb's value hasn't changed a bit as far as I'm concerned. I never viewed Duke as a significant threat and they want to use Chubb as a 3-down back. Nothing has changed in regards to Hunt.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, devaster said:

Wut? Teams don't bank on waiting 8 weeks for a player and sacrifice depth/talent in the interim. Chubb's value hasn't changed a bit as far as I'm concerned. I never viewed Duke as a significant threat and they want to use Chubb as a 3-down back. Nothing has changed in regards to Hunt.

I would even argue it raises his value slightly, as he will probably take on a bit more of a pass-catching role now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Short term it helps.  Long term it is a concern because it makes it less likely they will trade Hunt, who is a bigger threat to Chubb midseason than Duke would ever have been.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

 

Duke is a useful NFL player. You don’t give away useful players for nothing when attempting to compete without a contingency plan. This is a show of faith in Hunt, as even teams with the most elite of elite RBs still like having a capable #2.

 

I mean, they got a 4th rd pick that could turn into a 3rd. That's not nothing. Actually a pretty saavy move imo for a backup RB that has been clearly unhappy all summer (and therefore lowering Cleveland's leverage since every team knows he wants out). 

It shows they think Hunt can give them at least what Duke gave them - which I think anyone would've conceded before this trade had been made anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Short term it helps.  Long term it is a concern because it makes it less likely they will trade Hunt, who is a bigger threat to Chubb midseason than Duke would ever have been.

Week 10, but point taken.  I don’t think Dorsey ever had any intention of trading Hunt.  OTOH, why wouldn’t it be possible for both RBs to flourish in this particular scenario?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Short term it helps.  Long term it is a concern because it makes it less likely they will trade Hunt, who is a bigger threat to Chubb midseason than Duke would ever have been.

 

Was flipping Hunt something that was seriously discussed as part of the Browns plans or just a fantasy player fever dream? Every team had a shot to sign Hunt and passed and it wasn't because he couldn't play. It's not like he had some catastrophic injury and teams are wondering if he still has it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

 

Was flipping Hunt something that was seriously discussed as part of the Browns plans or just a fantasy player fever dream? Every team had a shot to sign Hunt and passed and it wasn't because he couldn't play. It's not like he had some catastrophic injury and teams are wondering if he still has it. 

 

I don't know if it was seriously discussed by the Browns organization, although I'm 100% sure if they did, they wouldn't let anyone know.  There has been speculation by the media that they would flip Hunt if they got a good deal, as they got him so cheaply. 

Teams with good RB situations wouldn't want Hunt for PR reasons, but once the season starts and injuries pile up, they may get interest.  A contending team that needs a RB (say their starter gets hurt and their 2nd stringer turns out to be terrible) might try to get him.

Edited by Brownsfan74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Week 10, but point taken.  I don’t think Dorsey ever had any intention of trading Hunt.  OTOH, why wouldn’t it be possible for both RBs to flourish in this particular scenario?

Depends what you mean by "flourish."  There aren't enough touches to go around for them both to be good fantasy starters. Even if this offense lives up to its potential, if this ends up a 1a/1b thing, Chubb owners are screwed.  

Still I think the Browns will trade Hunt if not this year certainly next year. He can bring a pretty penny and worth more that way than sharing with Chubb.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, bomont said:

Depends what you mean by "flourish."  There aren't enough touches to go around for them both to be good fantasy starters. Even if this offense lives up to its potential, if this ends up a 1a/1b thing, Chubb owners are screwed.  

Still I think the Browns will trade Hunt if not this year certainly next year. He can bring a pretty penny and worth more that way than sharing with Chubb.

Why not? Plenty of top offenses support 2 backs.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.