munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

He looked like he was shot out of a cannon on that 88 yard TD. I must’ve rewound and watched it 10 times.

Holy #%*^, I didn’t realize he had a gear like that.

Really?

He did it at least 3 or 4 times last year. One was a 90+ yarder against the Falcons. 

He, and Dalvin Cook, are the biggest homerun hitter RBs in the NFL.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Really?

He did it at least 3 or 4 times last year. One was a 90+ yarder against the Falcons. 

He, and Dalvin Cook, are the biggest homerun hitter RBs in the NFL.

You're not counting Saquon because he's currently out with injury, right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

'jUsT wAiT uNtIl HuNt GeTs BaCk'

Yeah, gtfo of here with that stupid crap.  Chubb's elite.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

You can forgot all my worry comments earlier. This forum can get to me sometime.

Dude went super Saiyan 3 Gotenks today. Sheesh. Hoping the browns can build on this win because it is a season changing win at Baltimore

• Like 1

Guy is an absolute beast. And you figure this offense will just get better. Barring injury my guess is he finishes as a top 3 RB.

• Like 2

Wayne Gallman’s week 4 was better than Nick Chubb’s week 1, 2, or 3. Wayne Gallman must be a beast too!!!! Actually, no. Fantasy football is just stupid. 

Edited by Lamont Sanford

1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Wayne Gallman’s week 4 was better than Nick Chubb’s week 1, 2, or 3. Wayne Gallman must be a beast too!!!! Actually, no. Fantasy football is just stupid. 

But can Wayne Gallman get 37?

1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

Looking ahead to Week 5 vs. Niners (MNF) - Browns going to continue to let Chubb eat?

Chubb will get shutdown vs the niners

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, canonuevo said:

Think so?

IDK.  They've done well, all those first rounders on the line appear to be bearing fruit, but I am not sure if I trust those run defense numbers against the defunct offenses of the Steelers and Bengals when they played them.  The Bucs ran on them pretty well.

1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

But can Wayne Gallman get 37?

Probably not, but he proved he can outscore Chubb in any given week. Maybe even next week. That’s why fantasy football is stupid. 

1 hour ago, canonuevo said:

the same way they said he was going to get shut down by the ravens run D?

20 hours ago, FritzLn said:

hilliard has at least some semblance of a redzone role for whatever reason. maybe they're just preparing for hunt to slide in there. get ready for that headache

Agree.  That will definitely be Hunt's role.  

It's still the one big worry for Chubb owners.  I can still easily see this turning into some sort of a 60/40 timeshare when Hunt returns.  I mean, Hunt is pretty darn good both as a runner and receiver.  It'll be tough to take the ball out of Chubbs hands if he keeps playing so well though.

I may start sniffing around some trades but it'll probably be tough for me to give up Chubb.  I just keep looking at the Week 14 matchup with the Bungals and drooling.  

Most likely what I'll probably do is just try either trading or picking up Hunt in a few weeks and just roll with that backfield.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

It's still the one big worry for Chubb owners.  I can still easily see this turning into some sort of a 60/40 timeshare when Hunt returns.  I mean, Hunt is pretty darn good both as a runner and receiver.  It'll be tough to take the ball out of Chubbs hands if he keeps playing so well though.

I may start sniffing around some trades but it'll probably be tough for me to give up Chubb.  I just keep looking at the Week 14 matchup with the Bungals and drooling.  

Most likely what I'll probably do is just try either trading or picking up Hunt in a few weeks and just roll with that backfield.

I've never shared other's concerns about Hunt, nor the optimism about him as a late season lottery ticket.

1.) Most importantly, Nick Chubb is an elite talent, as evinced yesterday.  Most of the time you put the ball in his hands, good things happen.

2.) Hunt is a talented guy, but not being allowed to practice with the team for two months and never having been with them prior, it is unlikely that he establishes the type of rhythm that would be required to unseat Chubb aside from a change of pace role.  We still don't even know what he looks like outside of the Chiefs offense, which as we've seen can be a kingmaker for RBs that may not look as great on another team.

3.) It's 2019, nobody is really a "workhorse" September-December anymore.  Someone will get reps for Chubb periodically, if not Hunt than Hilliard or whoever.  That said, Chubb's talent dictates that you get him touches.

The bigger concern for me is Kitchen's scheme and the run blocking, which yesterday wasn't much of a problem at all.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Speak for yourself.  As a Chubb owner, that's not even close to being a worry for me.  

Last year, Cleveland didn't just sprinkle Chubb in gradually.  Once they decided to go with Chubb they gave as much as he could eat.  Not only that, they traded the starter away that same week. They didn't even keep the incumbent starter for depth.  That starter was Carlos Hyde who was actually doing well.  

Edited by matthew berry

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

For those worried about hunt you guys do realize that he can’t even practice with the team this whole time. He had surgery to add so no one knows how that recovery is going. Is he even staying in shape? This guy probably won’t even see the field till maybe week 10-11. At which point Chubb will have ran away with the gig. 

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

For those worried about hunt you guys do realize that he can’t even practice with the team this whole time. He had surgery to add so no one knows how that recovery is going. Is he even staying in shape? This guy probably won’t even see the field till maybe week 10-11. At which point Chubb will have ran away with the gig. 

RB is the easiest position to step right into so the practice thing means little. The surgery was only supposed to keep him “out” a month or so if I recall correctly, which means it would be a non factor upon return. No reason to believe he’s not staying in shape.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting Hunt is going to take over, but he’ll definitely have a significant role, and if he plays well a 60/40 split could be reality. Two great backs are better than one.