munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Just now, Lamont Sanford said:

RB is the easiest position to step right into so the practice thing means little. The surgery was only supposed to keep him “out” a month or so if I recall correctly, which means it would be a non factor upon return. No reason to believe he’s not staying in shape.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting Hunt is going to take over, but he’ll definitely have a significant role, and if he plays well a 60/40 split could be reality. Two great backs are better than one.

 

It's the suggesting he'll have a 'significant role' that most of us find amusing

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

As will opposing defenses.

You think defenses haven't been scheming against Chubb to this point? I kinda hope you're kidding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kdko said:

 

It's the suggesting he'll have a 'significant role' that most of us find amusing

That’s because most of you are Chubb owners. (I own neither)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

RB is the easiest position to step right into so the practice thing means little. The surgery was only supposed to keep him “out” a month or so if I recall correctly, which means it would be a non factor upon return. No reason to believe he’s not staying in shape.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting Hunt is going to take over, but he’ll definitely have a significant role, and if he plays well a 60/40 split could be reality. Two great backs are better than one.

See no one is denying he will have some sort of role. They have been using other rbs with Chubb up to this point. But I don’t see him having a significant roll. 60/40 sounds a bit optimistic. 80/20 or 70/30 at best sounds more like reality.

Edited by StevenSC400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, munde53 said:

You think defenses haven't been scheming against Chubb to this point? I kinda hope you're kidding. 

You think Cleveland hasn’t been scheming to get that kind of production from Chubb since week 1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

You think Cleveland hasn’t been scheming to get that kind of production from Chubb since week 1?

What do you have to be mad at Chubb about bro?

Has had 4 consecutive good games, gets insane volume.

Just broke a run that will probably go down as the best play all year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

See no one is denying he will have some sort of role. They have been using other rbs with Chubb up to this point. But I don’t see him having a significant roll. 60/40 sounds a bit optimistic. 80/20 or 70/30 at best sounds more like reality.

Splitting hairs imo. Hunt is not a backup caliber RB. I don’t think Hunt getting every third series is a stretch at all. Assuming he performs well, of course. 

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lamont Sanford said:

You think Cleveland hasn’t been scheming to get that kind of production from Chubb since week 1?

I'm very confused as to what you're trying to get at?

Defenses have been scheming against Chubb all year and of course Cleveland has been trying to get Chubb going since week 1. Those two thoughts aren't mutually exclusive. However, Cleveland has been getting more creative in how they are getting Chubb touches (see the quick pitch to that he took 88 yards this week) including getting him more involved in the passing game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, munde53 said:

I'm very confused as to what you're trying to get at?

Defenses have been scheming against Chubb all year and of course Cleveland has been trying to get Chubb going since week 1. Those two thoughts aren't mutually exclusive. However, Cleveland has been getting more creative in how they are getting Chubb touches (see the quick pitch to that he took 88 yards this week) including getting him more involved in the passing game. 

Someone posted that Cleveland figured out who the offense runs through, as if there was some drastic change in offensive philosophy. I don’t think that’s the case, but if it were, opposing defenses would simply adjust accordingly.  

Yesterday was essentially no different than weeks 1-3, other than Chubb breaking the long one which isn’t going to happen very often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Someone posted that Cleveland figured out who the offense runs through, as if there was some drastic change in offensive philosophy. I don’t think that’s the case, but if it were, opposing defenses would simply adjust accordingly.  

Yesterday was essentially no different than weeks 1-3, other than Chubb breaking the long one which isn’t going to happen very often.

Mmm, I think it's gonna happen more than once again this season.

He's gonna win you weeks by himself, and I don't think he's ever gonna lose you a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Someone posted that Cleveland figured out who the offense runs through, as if there was some drastic change in offensive philosophy. I don’t think that’s the case, but if it were, opposing defenses would simply adjust accordingly.  

Yesterday was essentially no different than weeks 1-3, other than Chubb breaking the long one which isn’t going to happen very often.

Man there are 3 pages of you trying to find ways to negate chubb being great... We understand your point now, please move on.. if you must continue there is plenty of people in either KC running back group that love to go back and forth on these types of subjects

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Someone posted that Cleveland figured out who the offense runs through, as if there was some drastic change in offensive philosophy. I don’t think that’s the case, but if it were, opposing defenses would simply adjust accordingly.  

Yesterday was essentially no different than weeks 1-3, other than Chubb breaking the long one which isn’t going to happen very often.

Except it was different, which is what I was trying to say but for some reason you seem to be only looking at the box score. The Browns gave Chubb a lot more off tackle work trying to get him to the edge instead of just pounding him into the center of the line. They also tried more screen passes which were all in an effort to get Chubb into space instead of the slamming him into his offensive line. 

Chubb's average production from here on out falls somewhere between week 4 and weeks 1-3. This isn't a fluke kind of game you seem to be making it out to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Someone posted that Cleveland figured out who the offense runs through, as if there was some drastic change in offensive philosophy. I don’t think that’s the case, but if it were, opposing defenses would simply adjust accordingly.  

Yesterday was essentially no different than weeks 1-3, other than Chubb breaking the long one which isn’t going to happen very often.

Dude do you watch these games? The first two weeks Chubb was sharing series with 2 other rbs and mayfield was out there trying to do his best Aaron Rodgers impresssion. I was trying to sell Chubb after the first Two weeks but no one wanted him. Now everyone is offering me those deals back and I don’t want them. Just stop it already.

Edited by StevenSC400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not worried about Hunt in the least, and for many of the reasons mentioned. It'll take him a few weeks to acclimate which brings us to the fantasy playoffs. He'd be an extremely valuable cuff at that point, but not much more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I was trying to sell Chubb after the first Two weeks but no one wanted him. Now everyone is offering me those deals back and I don’t want them. Just stop it already.

Classic fantasy overreaction on both ends of the spectrum. You were trying to sell after week 2, but now after week 4 you wouldn’t dream of selling!!!!......Until a few weeks from now as he regresses back toward the mean.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Dude do you watch these games? The first two weeks Chubb was sharing series with 2 other rbs and mayfield was out there trying to do his best Aaron Rodgers impresssion. I was trying to sell Chubb after the first Two weeks but no one wanted him. Now everyone is offering me those deals back and I don’t want them. Just stop it already.

Don’t need to watch the games tonight know that 165/3 is an outlier my friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lamont Sanford said:

Classic fantasy overreaction on both ends of the spectrum. You were trying to sell after week 2, but now after week 4 you wouldn’t dream of selling!!!!......Until a few weeks from now as he regresses back toward the mean.

Exactly your point. Overreaction on my end after the first two weeks but now that it appears the offense is going to go through him I wouldn’t sell. And smart people would wanna buy. Fantasy changes week to week. As of yesterday his arrow is pointed to the ceiling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Don’t need to watch the games tonight know that 165/3 is an outlier my friend.

G wiz you sure? I thought that was going to be his baseline. Appreciate the info.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Classic fantasy overreaction on both ends of the spectrum. You were trying to sell after week 2, but now after week 4 you wouldn’t dream of selling!!!!......Until a few weeks from now as he regresses back toward the mean.

 

That's essentially the RotoWorld forums in a nutshell. People were freaking out about Chubb's production week 1-3 despite having a double digit-floor in PPR formats, going as far to call him a bust.. hyperbole at its finest.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

G wiz you sure? I thought that was going to be his baseline. Appreciate the info.

You said above you were trying to sell after week 2. Week 3 wasn’t much different. You acknowledge that week 4 is an outlier, and weeks 1-3 are more realistic to expect going forward. So why wouldn’t you now be trying to sell again, much higher than before?

Edited by Lamont Sanford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chub is an elite RB in every way. Knock him and come back next week and eat that crow like a man. Chubb is a horse and will be elite for years until an injury happens. Congrats if you own him in dynasty. I’ll be back after he destroys SF. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess a lot of people who play FF didn't get a chance to watch Chubb at UGA before the injury?

I mean I get it, an injury can derail your career, and the Browns have valued depth at the position as an insurance policy these two years.  But it shouldn't shock you how freaking good he is.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Someone posted that Cleveland figured out who the offense runs through, as if there was some drastic change in offensive philosophy. I don’t think that’s the case, but if it were, opposing defenses would simply adjust accordingly.  

Yesterday was essentially no different than weeks 1-3, other than Chubb breaking the long one which isn’t going to happen very often.

 

If you've watched their games I think it's been pretty clear up to this point that they wanted Mayfield to lead the charge.

Mayfield pass attempts in Week 1: 38

Week 2: 36

Week 3: 35

Week 4: 30

Chubb rush attempts in Week 1: 17

Week 2: 18

Week 3: 23

Week 4: 20

I don't know about you, but I see a trend there.

Up until last week I'm fairly certain Chubb hadn't gotten a carry when they've been within 5 yards of the end zone. That was on full display on prime time a couple weeks ago when they passed it for four downs (and had Chubb out wide on three of them) and had all of their timeouts left.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Someone posted that Cleveland figured out who the offense runs through, as if there was some drastic change in offensive philosophy. I don’t think that’s the case, but if it were, opposing defenses would simply adjust accordingly.  

Yesterday was essentially no different than weeks 1-3, other than Chubb breaking the long one which isn’t going to happen very often.

 

1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Don’t need to watch the games tonight know that 165/3 is an outlier my friend.

 

Was going to point out that it didn't sound like you watched the games but it looks like you clarified that for me already.  Play calling has gotten better every single week and yesterday was completely different in terms of tempo, time before release, sequence of play calls, situational play calls.  Not perfect yet but It's a work in progress and the improvement week to week is undeniable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Don’t need to watch the games tonight know that 165/3 is an outlier my friend.

 

So would've rather him have a 110/1 touchdown game? What exactly could he have done Sunday to impress you or satisfy you? Probably nothing because you have a biased opinion towards this guy for whatever reason. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.