munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Does Kitchens know what a designed screen play is?  Or getting his best weapon into space?  

That play calling was atrocious. But that game script couldn’t have been much worst. This looks like his floor in my opinion. I also think that Niners D should be given some credit. They look like the real deal this year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Does Kitchens know what a designed screen play is?  Or getting his best weapon into space?  

So sad. Chubb always looks great and they keep putting that Jag out there on 3rd downs. Johnson couldn't run away from his screen pass but Chubb absolutely would've gotten away. Joke of a coaching staff hope kitchens is out by week 8

• Like 3

Surprising a good looking player like Mayfield can ruin the Chubb so easily. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

So sad. Chubb always looks great and they keep putting that Jag out there on 3rd downs. Johnson couldn't run away from his screen pass but Chubb absolutely would've gotten away. Joke of a coaching staff hope kitchens is out by week 8

Yep, and just wait until Hunt shows up.

• Haha 1

This is the most pathetic run organization in all of the major sports. Just remember that. Issues start up top and what’s up top has not changed. 

Give this team to the ownership and coaching staff in NE, SEA, NO, IND, and a few others and they are instantly one of the favorites to win the super bowl. Give it to 20+ more and they are a playoff team every year. Yet the Browns will miss the playoffs because you can build the best looking house but if the foundation is terrible it’s irrelevant. 

I’ve never seen a coaching staff create game plans to the weakness of its own QB. Even the worst game plans in the league don’t expose the weakness of their own QB. The defense doesn’t even have to do it. Mayfield struggles when having to hold the ball long so they draw up plays that take long to develop. How absolutely clueless do you have to be?

Run the ball, throw quick routes, and then you start to sling it deep once the defense has to respect these options. You don’t come out like you have Mahomes every game. 

Don't even get me started on the usage of Chubb. I can triple the size of this post if I even begin to get into the moronic 3rd down sets they run and lack of creativity in getting Chubb involved. You’ll motion Odell into the backfield like he’s Bo Jackson or something yet fail to setup short passes to get Chubb in space. Get your F grade offense out of here. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 2

Once Hunt comes back is Chubb not going to get any 3rd down work? Pair that with the Browns struggling to score and we could see him get game scripted out of a lot of games

• Haha 1

On 10/6/2019 at 7:58 AM, PlayTheWaivers said:

Care to elaborate? Niners already gave up 5 YPC to the Bucs on the road, then faced Anemic rushing attacks in Cincy and Pit (first game with Rudolph on the road.)

I would like your statistical evidence aside from that. Chubb's a lock for 10 pts minimum. 

47.5 over/under with 49ers basically a pick'em favorite as well. Probability that Chubb scores a TD vs other Browns players is definitely higher, let alone the high probability that Jimmy D throws a pick in his own territory. 

On 10/6/2019 at 9:01 AM, Brye said:

I didn’t and Chubb won me my week but the same can be said of some of the roto truthers In here 👍🏼

You were saying ? 49ers have a very underrated D . Coming off a bye week , at home, fully prepared . Writing was all over the wall for Cleveland & Chubb to choke this game. 

On 10/6/2019 at 8:59 AM, JE7HorseGod said:

That's some big time belief in DeForest Buckner, Fred Warner and Javorski Tartt.

Any given Sunday (or Monday Night) I guess, but I tend to agree with some others that their run defense results have been more circumstantial than a new Steel Curtain.

Guess we'll see.

You forgot the STUD, NICK BOSA ! kid's the real deal Holyfield. 

Edited by RunCMC

Next 4 weeks- SEA, BYE, @NE, @DEN then Hunt returning week 10.

If your fantasy team need wins now, it might be a good time to shop Chubb while last week’s blow up game is still fresh in people’s minds. You could probably get a comparable RB/WR or a quality package that might be able to help you more over that stretch and ROS.

Seattle has the #6 rushing defense and that will probably turn into a negative game script pretty quickly for Chubb. Obviously he can’t help you during a BYE, then @NE could be ugly. 

Could be three straight disappointing weeks for Chubb, then Hunt returns. Outside of week 4, Chubb has just been good, not great for fantasy and it may not get much better. You could probably still cash out on that week 4 performance and get a player who could help your team more ROS. Just a thought. Not Chubb’s fault, he’s just stuck in a bad situation.

As a Chubb owner I love the guy but absolutely hate the team he is on,  the coaching staff, their play calling and offensive line... also their QB.    They have a formula for success in running Chubb.   Just give the beast 20 plus carries a game and control the freaking clock.  Instead you have a coach that feels pressure to try and include every superstar in the equation.   He is obviously afraid to limit Odells roll in the offense for fears he will go full psycho so they force the issue with gimmick trick plays.     I do not know what to do with this guy for fear that this team suddenly wakes up and starts playing the game the way they should.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RunCMC said:

You were saying ? 49ers have a very underrated D . Coming off a bye week , at home, fully prepared . Writing was all over the wall for Cleveland & Chubb to choke this game. 

You forgot the STUD, NICK BOSA ! kid's the real deal Holyfield. 

Nick was great.  Hats off to the Niners, they played a great game, good call (although you have to admit Chubb still got some good yardage, I'll give you "shut down" since he didn't get 100 yards or a score).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Next 4 weeks- SEA, BYE, @NE, @DEN then Hunt returning week 10.

If your fantasy team need wins now, it might be a good time to shop Chubb while last week’s blow up game is still fresh in people’s minds. You could probably get a comparable RB/WR or a quality package that might be able to help you more over that stretch and ROS.

Seattle has the #6 rushing defense and that will probably turn into a negative game script pretty quickly for Chubb. Obviously he can’t help you during a BYE, then @NE could be ugly. 

Could be three straight disappointing weeks for Chubb, then Hunt returns. Outside of week 4, Chubb has just been good, not great for fantasy and it may not get much better. You could probably still cash out on that week 4 performance and get a player who could help your team more ROS. Just a thought. Not Chubb’s fault, he’s just stuck in a bad situation.

I ain't scared of Hunt.  I'm just looking at that second half slate and that seems like a real bad idea to me.  Denver, Pittsburgh, Miami, then Cincy, AZ and another B-More game in the playoffs looks good to me.

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I ain't scared of Hunt.  I'm just looking at that second half slate and that seems like a real bad idea to me.  Denver, Pittsburgh, Miami, then Cincy, AZ and another B-More game in the playoffs looks good to me.

You shouldn’t be scared of Hunt, but you should consider his potential impact on Chubb’s workload since Kitchens clearly wants to keep all his weapons happy and involved. We saw all the gimmicky plays for Beckham, so we should probably expect Kitchens to try and find ways to get Hunt involved too. Even if you aren’t concerned about Hunt eating into Chubb’s workload a bit, your league mates probably are which decreases Chubb’s trade value. The closer we get to Hunt’s return the higher the level of concern will be. 

Schedule-wise, I was specifically talking about the next few weeks. SEA, BYE, @NE. Struggling fantasy teams that need to win now may be better off trading Chubb for someone or a package of some kind that will help them more over that stretch. After that the schedule indeed lightens up, but that’s also when Hunt will become a factor. 

I like Chubb, it’s just starting to look bad in Cleveland and things could continue spiraling downward, especially if they lose to SEA, then come out of a BYE and lose @NE. Hunt’s return just throws another monkey wrench into what already looks like a malfunctioning offense.

6 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

You shouldn’t be scared of Hunt, but you should consider his potential impact on Chubb’s workload since Kitchens clearly wants to keep all his weapons happy and involved. We saw all the gimmicky plays for Beckham, so we should probably expect Kitchens to try and find ways to get Hunt involved too. Even if you aren’t concerned about Hunt eating into Chubb’s workload a bit, your league mates probably are which decreases Chubb’s trade value. The closer we get to Hunt’s return the higher the level of concern will be. 

Schedule-wise, I was specifically talking about the next few weeks. SEA, BYE, @NE. Struggling fantasy teams that need to win now may be better off trading Chubb for someone or a package of some kind that will help them more over that stretch. After that the schedule indeed lightens up, but that’s also when Hunt will become a factor. 

I like Chubb, it’s just starting to look bad in Cleveland and things could continue spiraling downward, especially if they lose to SEA, then come out of a BYE and lose @NE. Hunt’s return just throws another monkey wrench into what already looks like a malfunctioning offense.

I suspect that Hunt's percieved negative effect on Chubb's results is greater than what I'm expecting.

In my eyes, the height of Chubb's value will be when he has a huge game with Hunt back in the fold.

But I'm probably not selling either way, right, wrong or indifferent I'm riding with Chubb.

Your mileage may vary and I could be wrong.  But when it's all said and done I think he'll be among the league's elite and a winner down the stretch.  It would take a crazy offer to pry him away from me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

49ers defense is quite good. I don't recall seeing any Hunt panic last week when Chubb had a day.

Gonna lay off the panic button. As much as I don't like Cleveland's offense schemes, I still think Chubb is the raw deal.

What I'm learning in this thread is that unless Chubb scores 40 points per week there will be irrational panic.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Fair points but who we trading Chubb for?

Since he was probably your RB1, you're probably hoping to get a RB in return. Even with a Hunt return and him conceivably eating into at least some of the 3rd down work, there aren't many RB I'd rather have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, munde53 said:

What I'm learning in this thread is that unless Chubb scores 40 points per week there will be irrational panic.

Pretty much, yeah. They are jealous of what later draft picks are doing, like Ekeler, Cook, Jones, etc. I already tried to get Chubb but the guy wouldn’t budge. I think they like to be miserable. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Pretty much, yeah. They are jealous of what later draft picks are doing, like Ekeler, Cook, Jones, etc. I already tried to get Chubb but the guy wouldn’t budge. I think they like to be miserable. 

We all have recency bias to an extent.  But we're in high freak out mode on a lot of players who have a large body of evidence to the contrary it seems.

• Like 2

Not really worried. Horrible game script, and Chubb still looked good when he got the ball. I’m way more worried about Baker/Kitchens than I am about Hunt at this point. Gruden is available lol.

1 minute ago, Psideresider said:

Not really worried. Horrible game script, and Chubb still looked good when he got the ball. I’m way more worried about Baker/Kitchens than I am about Hunt at this point. Gruden is available lol.

Hey, as an OC he juiced a 1,000 yard season out of Law Firm.  I'm down.

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

Hey, as an OC he juiced a 1,000 yard season out of Law Firm.  I'm down.

... and as HC he juiced one outta ol' man Switcheroo Peterson 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

so what's the problem with Kitchens? Last season when he took over as OC, it was all good for Mayfield and Co. Obviously he is not Sean McVay but he was on the rise as an offensive mastermind a'la McVay..so why is it so bad when it was quite good?

Just now, LuckyLukas said:

so what's the problem with Kitchens? Last season when he took over as OC, it was all good for Mayfield and Co. Obviously he is not Sean McVay but he was on the rise as an offensive mastermind a'la McVay..so why is it so bad when it was quite good?

They let their OLine walk away. Rams are struggling offensively as well after losing two very good starters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2