munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

Just traded for this guy, and my only fear is that he gets into load management protocol for next season. So many teams are doing bad this year it's like the playoff picture is already set...

1 minute ago, mtx said:

Just traded for this guy, and my only fear is that he gets into load management protocol for next season. So many teams are doing bad this year it's like the playoff picture is already set...

They need to end the year on a high note...this is not a tanking team as it's built to compete today. Chubb should be fine but anything can happen with this coaching staff. Truthfully should've drafted cook before him. Oh well 

Amazing how the worm turns in the NFL. Daniel Jones would probably make Chubb more dangerous in space with some dump offs and screens. I seriously thought Mayfield would make OBJ a record yardage producing beast. How wrong. So far.

I still love Chubbs vision and ability. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Shaud said:

4th and 1 and they put Chubb on the sideline .

Pathetic 

This was by far the most baffling personnel decision I've seen all season. Even nfl redzone was like "and Chubb is somehow Inexplicably not on the field for this." They decided to QB sneak and also run with that scrub Hilliard. Good Lord just give Chubb those receptions...it's not happening this year. Fallacy of irrational coaching 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

This was by far the most baffling personnel decision I've seen all season. Even nfl redzone was like "and Chubb is somehow Inexplicably not on the field for this." They decided to QB sneak and also run with that scrub Hilliard. Good Lord just give Chubb those receptions...it's not happening this year. Fallacy of irrational coaching 

34 minutes ago, Shaud said:

4th and 1 and they put Chubb on the sideline .

Pathetic 

It was unreal to see Hilliard get the 3rd and 1 carry then followed up by Chubb not even being out there for 4th and 1. Some of the worst play calling I’ve ever seen. Kitchens needs to give up play calling duties and see if  this season can still be salvaged.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

It was unreal to see Hilliard get the 3rd and 1 carry then followed up by Chubb not even being out there for 4th and 1. Some of the worst play calling I’ve ever seen. Kitchens needs to give up play calling duties and see if  this season can still be salvaged.

And it will get even more crazy...

walmart-hunts-best-ever-ketchup-091019b-

56 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

And it will get even more crazy...

walmart-hunts-best-ever-ketchup-091019b-

Idk if I’m even worried about hunt after seeing what I saw. He’s just going to take the work from Hilliard that he took from Chubb. Scenario should stay somewhat the same. Difference is at least hunt is a proven RB. Not some depth chart add.

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

You're forgetting the 1st and goal from the 1 yard-line series earlier this season where Kitchens called 4 straight empty-set passes and settled for a FG. That one actually made me turn off the TV for a bit.

Edited by vercrazy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FootballOutsider said:

I’m not sure if you’ve watched the Browns play this year but Chubb is third on the team in receptions, trailing Landry by 11 and Beckham by 14. So roughly 2 receptions per game. Baker is checking down all the time. 

Baker is checking down all the time? The coach literally had to call Baker out for missing check downs...

Do you just look at stats? Baker misses underneath routes and checkdowns all game long. It's literally his BIGGEST flaw.

Edited by Klientel
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

Will be interesting to see how much work Hunt gets this week...

I'm calling it now, he gets between 6 and 8 touches weeks 10-13, no scores.

All the fanboys and zealots who drafted him and held him for so long rage cut.

Week 14 he gets a score or two against the Bengals and is picked up en masse and started week 15.  People who do this get 4 points from him and are bounced in the semis.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I'm calling it now, he gets between 6 and 8 touches weeks 10-13, no scores.

All the fanboys and zealots who drafted him and held him for so long rage cut.

Week 14 he gets a score or two against the Bengals and is picked up en masse and started week 15.  People who do this get 4 points from him and are bounced in the semis.

Maybe but it’s Kitchens. We may see a 50/50 split right out the gate knowing that guy. He has no idea what he’s doing.

Yeah...Chubb is done as an RB1 with Hunt playing. Kitchens doesn't like him out there in the redzone which is where we should see Hunt

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Yeah...Chubb is done as an RB1 with Hunt playing. Kitchens doesn't like him out there in the redzone which is where we should see Hunt

You’re wrong, this a false narrative... stop making things up to suit your take.  People have been claiming this since Week 1 when Hilliard vultured a TD, but it’s flat out incorrect.

According to footballguys.com, Chubb has had 29/34 RB “looks” in the Red Zone this season. Hilliard has had the other 5, and 3 of those came in the Week 4 blowout win over the Ravens after Chubb had racked up over 180 yards and 3 TDs.

Hilliard had 1 Red Zone “look” in Week 1 (the TD vulture), and 1 Red Zone “look” in Week 9, the failed play this past game. Other than that, Chubb has gotten EVERY SINGLE RB OPPORTUNITY in the Red Zone this season.

Kitchens may be a crappy play-caller, but there is zero evidence that he doesn’t like Chubb in the red zone.

*a “Look” is a rushing attempt or target

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

You’re wrong, this a false narrative... stop making things up to suit your take.  People have been claiming this since Week 1 when Hilliard vultured a TD, but it’s flat out incorrect.

According to footballguys.com, Chubb has had 29/34 RB “looks” in the Red Zone this season. Hilliard has had the other 5, and 3 of those came in the Week 4 blowout win over the Ravens after Chubb had racked up over 180 yards and 3 TDs.

Hilliard had 1 Red Zone “look” in Week 1 (the TD vulture), and 1 Red Zone “look” in Week 9, the failed play this past game. Other than that, Chubb has gotten EVERY SINGLE RB OPPORTUNITY in the Red Zone this season.

Kitchens may be a crappy play-caller, but there is zero evidence that he doesn’t like Chubb in the red zone.

*a “Look” is a rushing attempt or target

4th and 1 Sunday and they went with baker which shows they have little faith in Chubb. Chubb is toast if hunt plays

• Haha 1

Let's see, on the one hand we have a sample size of 27 redzone touches in eight games, good for the same average per game as Dalvin Cook and Chris Carson, that Chubb is the preferred redzone option for the Browns...https://www.lineups.com/nfl/running-back-rb-redzone-touches

And then over here we have the observation of two plays where they used Hilliard on 3rd and 4th down last week.

Well, I know recency bias and handwringing is loads of fun.  But I think I'll go with common sense Johnny.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

4th and 1 Sunday and they went with baker which shows they have little faith in Chubb. Chubb is toast if hunt plays

It doesn’t show anything except that Kitchens is a poor play-caller... not to mention, it didn’t work.  You’re going to base your entire opinion off of one failed play?

The stats I quoted illustrate that they have used Chubb in the red zone almost every time they have gotten there.  I’ll go with that over your self-serving bias... cherry-picking one instance of them choosing not to hand it off.  

Pollard was in on the Cowboys’ first red zone drive last night... does that mean Dallas has no faith in Zeke?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Brown are like the Bears, terrible coaching with trash QB. Also too much attitude from the other skill players and a total dumpster fire. Chubb is just doing everything he’s allowed to do and acting like a pro regardless of what’s going on. I guess he hopes it rubs off on all the morons in that organization. It’s almost unwatchable anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mtx said:

This is probably why my coworker traded Chubb to me, he found this post by accident and followed it. Hopefully this pays off for me!!!!!!! Lol

I own Chubb so I hope it’s true...tired of these 13 point weeks from a first rounder in ppr. Another mouth to feed means even more brilliant playcalling from kitchens

1 hour ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

It doesn’t show anything except that Kitchens is a poor play-caller... not to mention, it didn’t work.  You’re going to base your entire opinion off of one failed play?

The stats I quoted illustrate that they have used Chubb in the red zone almost every time they have gotten there.  I’ll go with that over your self-serving bias... cherry-picking one instance of them choosing not to hand it off.  

Pollard was in on the Cowboys’ first red zone drive last night... does that mean Dallas has no faith in Zeke?

That is obvious with Dak checking away from zeke almost every play except for crap run plays from the shotgun 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Klientel said:

Baker is checking down all the time? The coach literally had to call Baker out for missing check downs...

Do you just look at stats? Baker misses underneath routes and checkdowns all game long. It's literally his BIGGEST flaw.

I watch every Browns game. I had to check the stats to confirm what I’ve been seeing. Every QB ignores checkdowns from time to time. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

He's trolling you 

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

I own Chubb so I hope it’s true...tired of these 13 point weeks from a first rounder in ppr. Another mouth to feed means even more brilliant playcalling from kitchens

You're "tired" of owning the RB5?

Ah nevermind - saw Street Sharks comment about Dr Whom trolling.  Carry on.  Chubb will be fine.

Edited by Fort4242
  • Thanks 1

Strange how everyone wants to buy this guy and he very well is probably keeping a lot of people in the playoff race but if any backfield is going to see a even rbbc split, its this one. The Browns have 2 very good running backs. If hunt studied at all and is up with the playbook i dont see how chubbs touches dont dwindle by roughly half. Its going to be very interesting to see. If the browns were smart both players will be on the field together more than not which gives them opportunities to both be successful. Only issue is not seeing more than 10-12 touches. Gotta think Chubb is going to be the goal line back though.

• Haha 1