munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

On 11/10/2019 at 7:10 PM, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Like I said. This is the problem with Nick Chubb. He just does not get receptions. Hunt comes in plays few snaps and gets 7 receptions and 9 targets. It's a joke how the Browns use him

On 11/6/2019 at 12:36 PM, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

To be fair, i don't think Chubb is an RB1 either. He just doesn't catch as many passes you would need to make him produce without a TD, so I think he's a really high TD-dependent option. His floor is like 10 points but his ceiling without TDs isn't much higher. I honestlly view him as a little better Derrick Henry for fantasy purposes, though I think as an RB, he's elite. 

However, he's only getting 60% of the snaps in the past 2 games and I don't see that number increasing or decreasing with the addition of Hunt. Chubb will still get his 20 touches a game in my opinion, so he should be fine. 

1 target this game. Was on the field on maybe 3 3rd downs. Gonna say it again. You can get 100 yards every game but it's not that good in PPR

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

They managed to score three RZ TDs and beat a favored Pittsburgh team tonight.

He's now the first guy with a 1,000 yards rushing.  TD would have been great.  Provided he's healthy, they're coming.

Now I'ma head out before this becomes an inane conversation on his "reception floor."

Sorry I meant to type why are the Browns so bad at running the ball* in the redzone

3 hours ago, Brye said:

For all you Anti-Chubb peeps I really hope you bring that same Energy post game, and yeah that means you too DR. WHOM

Sigh...this is getting tiresome. Yet Another low end flex game from Chubb and he was vultured by his qb. Add on a multi-week groin injury to allow hunt the take over as well

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

1 target this game. Was on the field on maybe 3 3rd downs. Gonna say it again. You can get 100 yards every game but it's not that good in PPR

I generally prefer pass catching RBs but Chubb is an exception for me. He’s gotten 20 or more carries in 5 straight games and more than 16 carries in every game this year.

as long as he keeps getting 20 carries a game that makes up for the lack of targets imo 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Sigh...this is getting tiresome. Yet Another low end flex game from Chubb and he was vultured by his qb. Add on a multi-week groin injury to allow hunt the take over as well

Chubb got hurt?

Just now, NBatum88 said:

Sorry I meant to type why are the Browns so bad at running the ball* in the redzone

Probably because they don't respect Mayfield and don't block so great, honestly.

Hopefully this game will buy him a little space.  They're now 2-0 in the past two weeks against teams with winning records, and have played some really good defensive teams over the first ten, and Chubb's been their best player.

It makes sense defenses have focused on him around the goal line.  First step is to get them to think something else is possible.  Next step is to block better. Then they get the TDs.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

He’s the RB6 on the season. How is that a low end flex? Maybe in a 2 team league 

Just now, theSPANKER said:

Chubb got hurt?

He appeared to tweak his groin...I am just speculating on it being a multi wheeler 

Just now, theSPANKER said:

Chubb got hurt?

Groin strain.  Probably an MRI coming up.

Good news is they'll have 10 days off before the next one.  We'll see what happens.  I doubt it'll be a multi week injury, but soft tissue can be a mixed bag.

Just now, NBatum88 said:

He’s the RB6 on the season. How is that a low end flex? Maybe in a 2 team league 

He WAS the rb6 on the year. 

1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

Chubb got hurt?

He was stretching his groin area at the end of the game hopefully nothing serious 

Just now, Dr. Whom said:

He appeared to tweak his groin...I am just speculating on it being a multi wheeler 

Okay thanks I must have missed it.  I turned away for a few minutes, came back and he was standing on the sidelines.  

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

He WAS the rb6 on the year. 

Even if he scored 0 this week he would still be an RB1 on the season. Flex implies he’s outside the top 24 

Just now, GoPackGo23 said:

With Miami on tap for next week, I really hope Chubb will be alright. 🙏

You and me both brother.

We'll see what the docs say.

2 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

Even if he scored 0 this week he would still be an RB1 on the season. Flex implies he’s outside the top 24 

Is anyone not trolling calling him a FLEX? Most people that aren't Chubb supporters consider him a high rb2 at worst around (around 12-15).

Also using the argument that he's the rb6 for projections going forward has as much validity as someone saying he's been a mid rb3 in his past 4 games. 

• Like 1

Chubb is fine... Had a productive game against one of the best defenses in football.... The schedule ahead is more than juicy.  Sit back and relax

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Here comes the Hunt cheerleaders.

Alright guys, I'm packing it in for the night.  Cya after the MRI update.

4 hours ago, Brye said:

For all you Anti-Chubb peeps I really hope you bring that same Energy post game, and yeah that means you too DR. WHOM

???

Just now, street sharks said:

Hunt has ruined everything

His PPR value is completely shot

Benching Chubb for Coleman going forward

Not satisfied with 27 carries?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Trifecta said:

Not satisfied with 27 carries?

The Browns just played one of the worst quarterbacks in the league who threw 4 interceptions. How many games do you expect the Browns to be leading like that and trying to kill clock?

Just now, street sharks said:

The Browns just played one of the worst quarterbacks in the league who threw 4 interceptions. How many games do you expect the Browns to be leading like that and trying to kill clock?

Dolphins Steelers again then the bengals that’s 3 straight for you. Try looking at the schedule next time.

• Like 2