munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

24 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

I'll give it a crack. Everything I say is PPR cause that's the only scoring format I play in right now.

1. CMC

2. Cook

3. Zeke

4. Fournette

5. Aaron Jones

6. Carson

7. Henry (at least someone can get TDs)

8. Kamara

9. Melvin

10. Saquon

I was going to put Conner above but he got hurt. Jacobs is a wash. It's close. DJ if he was healthy would be up there.  I'd rather have Chubb over Bell. 

CMC, Cook, Zeke, Saquon, Aaron Jones, Kamara I would agree with.

Fournette/Carson/Henry/Melvin = I think these guys are all coin flip in whether they will finish above or below Chubb ROS.

17 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

First RB in the league to 1,000 yards on the ground.  #2 in rushing attempts through 10 games behind only Dalvin Cook. 

27 carries in a game tonight for 92 yards helping his team beat what was being touted as "the NFL's hottest defense." 

Averaging over 100 yards rushing per game this season. 

Entering this week is the 6th highest scoring RB in .5 PPR.

I have Saquan Barkley and LeVeon Bell and Nick Chubb's MY RB1.  Your mileage may vary and the injury could suck.  But Chubb rocks.

27 for 92 scoreless yards and no catches isn’t good my man. Idc about entering the week. I’m talking about rest of season, you should be concerned. 

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

27 for 92 scoreless yards and no catches isn’t good my man. Idc about entering the week. I’m talking about rest of season, you should be concerned. 

An RB1 floor.

• Like 3

If you look at all his off weeks they are about 9-10 points. That’s called a floor. The rest is all gravy. Again the TDs will come. Opportunity is all you can ask for and it’s there. 

• Like 1

Didn't you say that the Stillers were gonna "pound them" or something?

I am not concerned.  Your obsession with this topic is getting a little much.  I get that you feel like you have to be prescient even though "you have no horse in this race" but honestly I'm over your need to be right.

Please just ignore me and stop talking to me.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Definitely not concerned about his first game ROS versus Miami....

• Like 1

Just now, BMcP said:

Definitely not concerned about his first game ROS versus Miami....

Lmao hard to argue with that. 

• Haha 1

Seems they are committed to him in the run with little to no passing work. Which is fine when hes getting 20+ carries a game.

Anyone see his groin injury?? anything to worry about? Browns seems to be cruising more along with hunt receiving passes.

4 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Seems they are committed to him in the run with little to no passing work. Which is fine when hes getting 20+ carries a game.

Anyone see his groin injury?? anything to worry about? Browns seems to be cruising more along with hunt receiving passes.

He was stretching it out while Hunt got the last two carries.

IDK what to think yet.  Probably more info next Wednesday, wouldn't be surprised if he's limited during the practice week but could be nothing too.

• Thanks 1

Dude’s a beast. 8 more yards to push him over 100 and a TD would’ve been nice, but can’t really complain given the Thursday night game and tough matchup.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Dude’s a beast. 8 more yards to push him over 100 and a TD would’ve been nice, but can’t really complain given the Thursday night game and tough matchup.

Yup. The only concerning thing was on 1st and 1 at the 1 yard line they didn't even have Chubb in, they had Hunt.

I chalk it up to them accepting that the Steelers might win the short yardage power run battle so they just didn't try (Chubb rushed for 2 yards on 2 goal line carries that drive, and the Oline was not getting great push against the Steelers front). But 3 goal line visits from your offense is very encouraging and you'd think more often than not 3 goal line visits will result in at least 1 Chubb TD.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Without the TD's or catches Chubb is killing my team.  97 scoreless yards gives me  4.6 points in my league.  He is the opposite of Jameis Winston right now.... real life great running back and fantasy bleh.   He has not scored in over a month and watching their goal line shenanigans is going to give me a stroke.   I am really hoping for multiple TD's in several of these last few games.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nickmo said:

Yup. The only concerning thing was on 1st and 1 at the 1 yard line they didn't even have Chubb in, they had Hunt.

I chalk it up to them accepting that the Steelers might win the short yardage power run battle so they just didn't try (Chubb rushed for 2 yards on 2 goal line carries that drive, and the Oline was not getting great push against the Steelers front). But 3 goal line visits from your offense is very encouraging and you'd think more often than not 3 goal line visits will result in at least 1 Chubb TD.

Pittsburgh had been giving up some rushing yardage going in (103 per game) but not many rushing TDs (4).

Looked to me like the game plan called for running between the 20s and short yardage passing in the RZ.

Don't suspect that'll be the case against Miami, Cincy and AZ.  But TDs are super random sometimes.

It feels like he's the Julio of RBs now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Didn't you say that the Stillers were gonna "pound them" or something?

I am not concerned.  Your obsession with this topic is getting a little much.  I get that you feel like you have to be prescient even though "you have no horse in this race" but honestly I'm over your need to be right.

Please just ignore me and stop talking to me.

+1. Been ignoring the trolling as best as I can.

6 hours ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Yup, still not concerned. They are pretty clearly still using him, and he is still producing. Pitt has a better-than-advertised run defense, and like previously said, only allowed 4 rushing TD's. With the Brown schedule coming up, hard to argue that he isn't a solid RB1 going forward.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MSkibisky said:

+1. Been ignoring the trolling as best as I can.

It's pretty rampant in this thread.

I get it, we all have our own player valuations and pet theories.

I think it's possible the Chiefs passing offense may struggle weeks 14, 15, and 16 with NE, DEN and Chi on the schedule.

But I don't feel it's necessary to bump the Patrick Mahomes thread a dozen times after every game and talk up those defenses to support the idea that I'm Carnac the Magnificent, because I don't own Mahomes, I could be wrong, and frankly no one cares about it.

I trade players all the time.  I don't feel like I need to go back into their threads and throw shade to assuage my ego.

I own handcuffs.  I don't need to cheerlead for them in the threads of the players they are handcuffing.

Everyone understands Chubb doesn't catch many passes and he's in a TD drought.  But he's still having a great season, some of the remaining games on the schedule look promising, and his role hasn't really be compromised by Hunt.  So I'm just going to pay attention to the posts that bring something new or insightful to the table.  Or at least those that cheerlead Chubb, because he's my homie, haha.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smash10033 said:

Without the TD's or catches Chubb is killing my team.  97 scoreless yards gives me  4.6 points in my league.  He is the opposite of Jameis Winston right now.... real life great running back and fantasy bleh.   He has not scored in over a month and watching their goal line shenanigans is going to give me a stroke.   I am really hoping for multiple TD's in several of these last few games.   

What are your scoring settings that he only got 4.6 with 90+ yards? Even in plain standard leagues he would have 9

Edited by vthokie3

2 hours ago, smash10033 said:

No offense but that’s not chubbs fault your gettting 4.6 points on that many yards. Sounds like a terrible scoring system.

• Like 1

Dealing with a low ceiling at the most important time of the year, boys. It hurts. Looks like they’re going to continue mixing it up at the GL and have Chubb less involved. All passed are going to Hunt now, ugh...

All of the passing work going to Hunt really makes him TD dependent.  He's essentially Carlos Hyde now..  I mean freaking Jaylen Samuels just outscored him... in .5 ppr..  This isn't good folks..

4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

No offense but that’s not chubbs fault your gettting 4.6 points on that many yards. Sounds like a terrible scoring system.

Does sound like a bad scoring system.

Agree with the sentiment though....Chubb not catching any passes hurts.  And not getting a carry on first and goal at the one and having your QB sneak it instead also hurts.  

I guess I'm jsut old school but I'd have been pounding that ball with Chubb.  First of all, you've got to reward your RB that gets pounded all game by letting him hit paydirt on a play like that.  Second of all, I'd have wanted to get the monkey off my back from the bad taste left after last weeks game where they got stuffed down there.

And while Hunt isn't taking too much work, he also isn't helping things.  Hunt is getting almost all the third down work and we know he's plenty capable of running the ball well.

Chubb is still good but the arrow is definitely pointing down a bit as his ceiling isn't nearly what it was.

1 minute ago, HeHateMe23 said:

All of the passing work going to Hunt really makes him TD dependent.  He's essentially Carlos Hyde now..  I mean freaking Jaylen Samuels just outscored him... in .5 ppr..  This isn't good folks..

Well....in fairness it was because of the garbage TD Samuels scored otherwise Chubb outscored him.

We all have to agree since Kareem Hunt was reactivated Nick Chubb’s fantasy numbers are trending. Scoring settings in your leagues determine the trending. Just looking at the last two games since Hunt joined in 1/2 ppr Chubb has scored 22.3. While Hunt has score 19.7. The two games before those two he scored 20.4. Looking at his the whole season Chubb has had two breakout games, the rest were all double digits outcomes. He has had 4 games with over 15+ games out of 10. So, in my universe Chubb is Chubb nothing to worry about at all, others might think Hunt is prime to take over and push Chubb to the sidelines, but don’t believe that. Last night the guy who thinks Chubb is Mack told us all Hilliard is prime for garbage 4th quarter fantasy points. 

8 hours ago, street sharks said:

In PPR that's a pretty sizable drop in expected points tbh. That's the difference between 9 points like tonight vs possibly 13 or 14

You must remember not all leagues are full ppr. We also have standard & half ppr. 

Edited by shakestreet
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

And while Hunt isn't taking too much work, he also isn't helping things.  Hunt is getting almost all the third down work and we know he's plenty capable of running the ball well.

Care to rephrase?

Edited by MSkibisky
  • Thanks 1