munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

On 11/26/2019 at 8:19 AM, JE7HorseGod said:

I love Kareem Hunt.

It is my sincere wish that he stays with the Browns next season.  Otherwise there's no way I can get Chubb without a top 5 pivk.

You right. I like Hunt on the Browns. Looks like a perfect match

Hunt just looks better out there and is a better fit from a skill set perspective. Not slighting chubb- he's amazing but we underestimated Hunt's ability all year.

Can't wait for this season to be over: really don't want any browns next year 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Hunt just looks better out there and is a better fit from a skill set perspective. Not slighting chubb- he's amazing but we underestimated Hunt's ability all year.

It just shows how much of this game is about the organization and coaches. Look at the Steelers, 7-5 with half the talent of the browns right now. 

the hunt usage was obvious coming into the season from anyone who watched the browns late last year. some people just wanted to tell themselves comforting lies.

pray for 50 yard TD runs

Edited by FritzLn

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

It just shows how much of this game is about the organization and coaches. Look at the Steelers, 7-5 with half the talent of the browns right now. 

Wouldn't say half the talent- defense is more loaded than the browns. offense yeah- they run circles around Steelers talent. Browns just can't execute and have extremely poor management and feel of the game. Glad they lost- hopefully kitchens is fired but I have no hope for this organization

Meet Nicky Bonejobs. You love him, you support him, you defend him, you stand by him. Then, just when you least expect it.....femur up the yoohoo. We still love you Nicky B.

7 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I don't think anyone will ever dispute post AB+Bell with no Ben that Tomlin is an excellent coach. He took alot of criticism bfore but the fact is managing egos was more difficult than fans realized

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Because they put him in space to catch and run. They just run Chubb up the gut. It's hard for any player to look dynamic when that happens

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Because they put him in space to catch and run. They just run Chubb up the gut. It's hard for any player to look dynamic when that happens

Funny they got chubb in space last week and he put up 50 yards receiving. Why is this so freaking inconsistent? He's a good receiver and YAC monster!!!

• Like 2

I watched the whole game and Chubb looks like he has all year....great. The problem is that Kareem Hunt is back and is stealing: 1) Most of the passing down work, 2) Carries, and 3) TD's. I avoided Chubb in the first round for the risk of him losing value once Hunt came back....and it is now happening. Hunt looks like a legitimate stud, rushing, receiving, and pass blocking. Chubb is a pretty good receiver, but I am surprised how fantastic Hunt is in the receiving game. 

Chubb still has value moving forward, he's just not a top 5 RB like he was the first half of the year. The Browns have juicy matchups the next two weeks against the Cardinals and Bengals, so Chubb is still a no brainer start. 

11 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

I watched the whole game and Chubb looks like he has all year....great. The problem is that Kareem Hunt is back and is stealing: 1) Most of the passing down work, 2) Carries, and 3) TD's. I avoided Chubb in the first round for the risk of him losing value once Hunt came back....and it is now happening. Hunt looks like a legitimate stud, rushing, receiving, and pass blocking.

Chubb is a pretty good receiver, but I am surprised how fantastic Hunt is in the receiving game. 

Chubb still has value moving forward, he's just not a top 5 RB like he was the first half of the year. The Browns have juicy matchups the next two weeks against the Cardinals and Bengals, so Chubb is still a no brainer start. 

You are surprised how good a pro bowl rb who started for 2yrs in the Reid system as the lead rb is in the pass catching game?🤨

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

The Cleveland browns are and and the coaching is terrible. There is no reason with the healthy talent they have they should have lost to a broken Steelers team.

Kitchens is exposed every week as a bad coach calling the offensive plays

Correct. The Browns just suck they suck every year. 

14 minutes ago, dashoe said:

You are surprised how good a pro bowl rb who started for 2yrs in the Reid system as the lead rb is in the pass catching game?🤨

Yes....I didn't believe Hunt would be so effective as a pass catcher in Cleveland's offense. Not because of Hunt, but because I figured the Browns would misuse him and not find him the ball. But the Browns are surprisingly getting it to Hunt in the passing game. 

• Like 1

Chubb's supposed career track was course-corrected to the negative by his own team. Potential HOF career downgraded to random-committee-back. 

Questions - such as "why?" - come to mind. But that's why I'm not being paid the big bucks.

35 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Chubb's supposed career track was course-corrected to the negative by his own team. Potential HOF career downgraded to random-committee-back. 

Questions - such as "why?" - come to mind. But that's why I'm not being paid the big bucks.

Why use the guy who can run routes better on 3rd down and why use the better ball carrier on rushing plays? 

Seems pretty obvious to me..

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat

2 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Why use the guy who can run routes better on 3rd down and why use the better ball carrier on rushing plays? 

Seems pretty obvious to me..

Hunts as good as gone next year, but maybe this is the peak we will see of Chubb. I doubt it though 

Should take a page out of the Patriots book and stay calm and drive down the field methodically instead of clear panic. Ah who am I kidding that'll never happen 

We're lucky the next two matchups are favorable because if I make it somehow to my finals no way do I start any browns player against the Ravens with Lamar looking to game script them into Oblivion 

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

It made absolutely no sense whatsoever (getting his RB's carries in the 2nd half), but that's the perfect summation of Kitchens brainstorm - zero sense or rationale.

They deserved two losses for that loss.

Everyone said this would be an issue down the stretch with Hunt back... It's cratering my playoff hopes...

Just no one in that range of the draft was really exciting... Bell, Conner, D Johnson, Mixon, Gurley, etc.. All have been disappointing really. 

25 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Everyone said this would be an issue down the stretch with Hunt back... It's cratering my playoff hopes...

Just no one in that range of the draft was really exciting... Bell, Conner, D Johnson, Mixon, Gurley, etc.. All have been disappointing really. 

Cook, Dalvin. 

4 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Cook, Dalvin. 

He went very early in a lot of leagues, the most hyped guy outside the big 4.  But yea he was the guy to get for sure this year.

13 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Cook, Dalvin. 

Convenient 20/20 hindsight.

The Chubb situation played out about as poorly as could have been expected. It was a bit of a long shot to play out this way, but it did. 

Hunt is a very talented guy, but Chubb has a lot of skills that are not being utilized as well. The (fairly) unpredictable part is Fatass Kitchen is using him like Blount, without the gl opportunities. Pound him up the middle like your run of the mill battering ram in predictable running situations and give Hunt the most valuable opportunities. 

Both talented and both deserve work, but Hunt is being used like Chubb should have all year. 

The main issue is not Hunt, it’s FK. 

Edited by nromn
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, nromn said:

Convenient 20/20 hindsight.

The Chubb situation played out about as poorly as could have been expected. It was a bit of a long shot to play out this way, but it did. 

Hunt is a very talented guy, but Chubb has a lot of skills that are not being utilized as well. The (fairly) unpredictable part is Fatass Kitchen is using him like Blount, without the gl opportunities. Pound him up the middle like your run of the mill battering ram in predictable running situations and give Hunt the most valuable opportunities. 

Both talented and both deserve work, but Hunt is being used like Chubb should have all year. 

The main issue is not Hunt, it’s FK. 

That's the prerequisite for getting an NFL coaching gig.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

That's the prerequisite for getting an NFL coaching gig.

That certainly doesn’t hurt, but I think the main prerequisite for the browns is: Are you going to be terrible? Yes? Perfect!