munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

WHAAAA???!??,!?

the Vikings had to burn a 2nd rd draft pick on Gerhart because AP was a stooge in the passing game.

and that Vikings team was not exactly the '76 Stillers or the '84 Forty Niners .... they had a TON of holes to fill, yet they had to burn draft capital on a third down cat because AP never grasped the nuances of that aspect of the offense.

and he (AP) disappeared in 2 minute and hurry up and ketchup mode ... how many times did i go into Vikings game day threads and see "WHERE IS AP???!??!! WHY IS GEARHEAD OUT THERE??!?"

you are sadly mistaken on your statement.   waaayyy off. 

It was a long long time ago. So I could be off but i don’t remember him disappearing like Chubb disappears. Again I could be wrong. I do remember Gerhart playing at times but I don’t remember two RBs playing ahead of AP in catchup mode lol. Hunt I can understand the Hilliard thing I just can’t grasp that at all. Especially when they run 2 RB sets like they did last night toward the end why wouldn’t you put hunt and Chubb out there together?instead they rolled with Hilliard and hunt. Mind boggling.

Just now, StevenSC400 said:

It was a long long time ago. So I could be off but i don’t remember him disappearing like Chubb disappears. Again I could be wrong. I do remember Gerhart playing at times but I don’t remember two RBs playing ahead of AP in catchup mode lol. Hunt I can understand the Hilliard thing I just can’t grasp that at all. Especially when they run 2 RB sets like they did last night toward the end why wouldn’t you put hunt and Chubb out there together?instead they rolled with Hilliard and hunt. Mind boggling.

listen, you are waaaaaayyy off ... Gerhart was drafted to fill that role.  don't be getting selective amnesia now ... AP was a non factor in the great majority of the situations i cited.   i am presenting facts, not opinions. 

i will agree on Freddie's under usage of Chubb, yes ... that is a given. 

but, again, point is ... Chubb is gonna eclipse the numbers i presented, and no one ever chimed in to bench AP back in those days.  

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

image.jpeg.7fddb198184d548b805e60eb0e5ed3ac.jpeg

You're welcome. No that's actually my name IRL, and I totally didn't draft Chubb because we share the same name or anything...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

You are asking people to explain why Freddie Kitchens is a bad coach and play caller?🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, dropshadows said:

You're welcome. No that's actually my name IRL, and I totally didn't draft Chubb because we share the same name or anything...

I'm thanking all Nicks today.  I heart 24 that much.

Get in there!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Yeah but AP didn’t disappear in games when the Vikings didn’t have a lead. Chubb is beasting yardage wise but it’s mind boggling how Hilliard was out there last night even in two RB sets. AP was a workhorse. He was on the field 99% of the time. That just isn’t the case with Chubb. 

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

WHAAAA???!??,!?

the Vikings had to burn a 2nd rd draft pick on Gerhart because AP was a stooge in the passing game.

and that Vikings team was not exactly the '76 Stillers or the '84 Forty Niners .... they had a TON of holes to fill, yet they had to burn draft capital on a third down cat because AP never grasped the nuances of that aspect of the offense.

and he (AP) disappeared in 2 minute and hurry up and ketchup mode ... how many times did i go into Vikings game day threads and see "WHERE IS AP???!??!! WHY IS GEARHEAD OUT THERE??!?"

you are sadly mistaken on your statement.   waaayyy off. 

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

In 2015, Week 1, Week 10, Week 12  AP had 15 or less total touches and <50 rushing yards in 17+ point losses. He also had 6 games with less than 70 total yards.

Chubb by contrast has had more than 15 touches and more than 50 rushing yards in every game this year. He only has 1 game with less than 70 total yards.

That said, you are correct that Chubb's snap share has been on a slight downward trend since the start of the season.

QqZ9zaX.png

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

You are asking people to explain why Freddie Kitchens is a bad coach and play caller?🤣

I’m asking myself and sharing it with the world. I would never be here talking about thinking of benching Chubb this week until I saw Hilliard running two RB sets with hunt last night in catchup mode. 

Edited by StevenSC400

4 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

In 2015, Week 1, Week 10, Week 12  AP had 15 or less total touches and <50 rushing yards in 17+ point losses. He also had 6 games with less than 70 total yards.

Chubb by contrast has had more than 15 touches and more than 50 rushing yards in every game this year. He only has 1 game with less than 70 total yards.

That said, you are correct that Chubb's snap share has been on a slight downward trend since the start of the season.

QqZ9zaX.png

So he only played 50% of snaps yesterday based on that?

Just now, StevenSC400 said:

So he only played 50% of snaps yesterday based on that?

Yup, agreed that it's bafflingly poor strategy by Kitchens.

3 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

He played 50% of the snaps yesterday against the cardinals and some are wondering why I would consider benching him vs the ravens who can score points faster than just about anyone. I didn’t know the exact numbers snap count numbers couldn’t find them online but I watched the game yesterday and it turned my stomach watching it.

Edited by StevenSC400

1 minute ago, vercrazy said:

People forget that last week againts the Bengals which is ranked last in run defense Hunt+chubb had 24 carries combined for about 150yds and before the half of the Bengals game they had about 5 carries.

It's the coach calling the plays that is the problem so it shouldnt be a surprise he continues along this path of baffling usage every week😂

3 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

He played 50% of the snaps yesterday against the cardinals and some are wondering why I would consider benching him vs the ravens who can score points faster than just about anyone. I didn’t know the exact numbers snap count numbers couldn’t find them online but I watched the game yesterday and it turned my stomach watching it.

I think you are truly over analyzing this because if you wanted to you could find head scratching usage with Chubb EVERY WEEK by Kitchens.

Did you suddenly start paying attention with this one game?🤣

5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think you are truly over analyzing this because if you wanted to you could find head scratching usage with Chubb EVERY WEEK by Kitchens.

Did you suddenly start paying attention with this one game?🤣

Do you just like to ignore info that’s right in front of you? Let’s break this down so you can better understand it. See that graph. Yesterday was a season low in snap count percentage at 50%. That’s the lowest of the season. See that trend going down? That’s what my concern is. This is what threw me off watching the game yesterday. If you want to just brush it off like it’s nothing that’s your choice. The numbers don’t lie.

Edited by StevenSC400

6 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Do you just like to ignore info that’s right in front of you? Let’s break this down six you can better understand it. See that graph. Yesterday was a season low in snap count percentage at 50%. That’s the lowest of the season. See that trend going down? That’s what my concern is. This is what through me off. If you want to just brush it off like it’s nothing that’s your choice. The numbers don’t lie.

Dude that's just another example of kitchens. As I said every week u can find a problem with Chubbs utilization by  Kitchens. You are not discovering anything new. 😂

His snap count goes down, his targets go down, his redzone opportunitites go down, his gl  carries go down, he isnt used in the hurry up, he isnt used on 3rd down, his point production goes down. EVERY WEEK it's something new or different. End result is he is still productive with his carries 😂

Edited by dashoe

Just now, dashoe said:

Dude that's just another example of kitchens. As I said every week u can find a problem with Chubbs utilization by  Kitchens. You are not discovering anything new. 😂

We all knew the problems with chubbs usage. The difference is it’s getting worst! He’s playing less and less and less since the start of the season.

4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Do you just like to ignore info that’s right in front of you? Let’s break this down so you can better understand it. See that graph. Yesterday was a season low in snap count percentage at 50%. That’s the lowest of the season. See that trend going down? That’s what my concern is. This is what through me off. If you want to just brush it off like it’s nothing that’s your choice. The numbers don’t lie.

Considering browns are likely out of the playoffs they are probably limiting Chubb for the future. Makes sense, use hunt more if you plan on not resigning and get Hilliard more reps. It’s what I would do. 

26 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

listen, you are waaaaaayyy off ... Gerhart was drafted to fill that role.  don't be getting selective amnesia now ... AP was a non factor in the great majority of the situations i cited.   i am presenting facts, not opinions. 

i will agree on Freddie's under usage of Chubb, yes ... that is a given. 

but, again, point is ... Chubb is gonna eclipse the numbers i presented, and no one ever chimed in to bench AP back in those days.  

I don't think there was as much paralysis by analysis in 2012, at least not in the communities I talked about FF with.

As I recall, there were basically two types of comments re: AD in those days, "always start your studs" and "he's good."

That probably should be all she wrote about Chubb too, but hey, I guess staring myopically at snap count shares and projecting catches while for the next game while he's leading the league in rushing, trying to find the grey in a silver lining is fun too? 

Not for me, but for some, must be.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Considering browns are likely out of the playoffs they are probably limiting Chubb for the future. Makes sense, use hunt more if you plan on not resigning and get Hilliard more reps. It’s what I would do. 

These guys don't just bust their tail all offseason and make a ton of sacrifices / disciplined choices just to get to the end of the year and say "oh yeah sorry I don't want to play anymore." Even OBJ is finishing out this season. These guys LIVE for playing football and the off-season is a long one in this business.

Chubb has some resume builders to play for, and I expect him to get a good sized workload next week.

Banking on gamescript and predicting gameflow is a risky business, especially when it's division rivals and the Browns for some reason destroyed the Ravens earlier this year. Probably not happening again, but Chubb is a key to an upset.

Anyways, none of us should be surprised when you don't see chubb out there, or mismanaged, or bad decision making, or anything. This is the worst coaching staff in the league.

Honestly wish I listened to some in the off-season before going all in on Chubb. The signs were there - talented player that was signed and suspended, new coaching staff, etc.

Regardless, we all should be happy with the performance yesterday. It was elite.

If you guys can name 23 other RBs you can start in front of him next week (if you want to bench him) go ahead. 

• Like 1

The ravens have a grudge match against the Browns as well as an incentive to clinch; the Browns are playing to be spoilers and their contracts/trades for offseason. No one is going to be preserved or bubble wrapped until the middle of the 4th qtr and the ending is 100% guaranteed. 

I expect a Ravens blowout and I expect Chubb to get 100yds rushing but I do not expect some offensive new wrinkle genius from Kitchens

24 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

These guys don't just bust their tail all offseason and make a ton of sacrifices / disciplined choices just to get to the end of the year and say "oh yeah sorry I don't want to play anymore." Even OBJ is finishing out this season. These guys LIVE for playing football and the off-season is a long one in this business.

Chubb has some resume builders to play for, and I expect him to get a good sized workload next week.

Banking on gamescript and predicting gameflow is a risky business, especially when it's division rivals and the Browns for some reason destroyed the Ravens earlier this year. Probably not happening again, but Chubb is a key to an upset.

Anyways, none of us should be surprised when you don't see chubb out there, or mismanaged, or bad decision making, or anything. This is the worst coaching staff in the league.

Honestly wish I listened to some in the off-season before going all in on Chubb. The signs were there - talented player that was signed and suspended, new coaching staff, etc.

Regardless, we all should be happy with the performance yesterday. It was elite.

If you guys can name 23 other RBs you can start in front of him next week (if you want to bench him) go ahead. 

When did I say Chubb didn’t want to play? I was talking about the coaching staff not risking any unnecessary injury in a lost season. 

What a s---y way to end if Chubb ends up tearing an acl or something in week 16 when they had no chance at the playoffs anyway. What would everyone say if that happened? 

And no no I wouldn’t bench him. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, bhawks489 said:

When did I say Chubb didn’t want to play?

I was talking about the coaching staff not risking any unnecessary injury in a lost season. 

What a s---y way to end if Chubb ends up tearing an acl or something in week 16 when they had no chance at the playoffs anyway. What would everyone say if that happened? 

And no no I wouldn’t bench him. 

Yeah NFL coaches don't sit players solely because of injury concern even with losing teams. There is still alot on the line, bonuses, contracts, incentives offseason evaluation,etc.

Brady has arguably been the most valuable player for his team in the last decade and Hoodie never sat him in a blowout or week 16 because of injury risk. 

Chubb is not the most valuable player on that team in terms of the franchise. Baker Mayfield is, so if anyone is going to sit over injury concerns it would be Baker who recently had a hand injury.

Only fans talk about sitting player. 😂

17 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I expect a Ravens blowout and I expect Chubb to get 100yds rushing but I do not expect some offensive new wrinkle genius from Kitchens

i think we see sumpin' new to the Brownies ...

Chubbola runnin' the wildcat wif Khunt and Hilliard in the backfield.

watch and see. 

Just now, dashoe said:

Yeah NFL coaches don't sit players solely because of injury concern even with losing teams. There is still alot on the line, bonuses, contracts, incentives offseason evaluation,etc.

Brady has arguably been the most valuable player for his team in the last decade and Hoodie never sat him in a blowout or week 16 because of injury risk. 

Chubb is not the most valuable player on that team in terms of the franchise. Baker Mayfield is, so if anyone is going to sit over injury concerns it would be Baker who recently had a hand injury.

Only fans talk about sitting player. 😂

Who said sit? I said limit his snaps. Try out other players to see what you have. Let rookies get more snaps in a lost season😂😂😂😂😝😝😝😆😆😆😉😉🙁🙁🙁😝😝😝😊😊

11 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Who said sit? I said limit his snaps. Try out other players to see what you have. Let rookies get more snaps in a lost season😂😂😂😂😝😝😝😆😆😆😉😉🙁🙁🙁😝😝😝😊😊

You didnt have to state it, it was implied or inferred until you provide further clarification. Your point was injury prevention so the only way to prevent on field injury is to not play him. You are being a bit disingenuous with the  you never said  hedge 🤣

Limiting his snaps is still sitting him regardless of if you do it pregame or at halftime. Your point was injury prevention,  Coaches just historically dont do it (unless the player is injured) until the 4th qtr  with the game locked up or a wk 17  to give the starters a rest before the playoffs or give rookies some game reps. 

Edited by dashoe