munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

36 minutes ago, dashoe said:

The ravens have a grudge match against the Browns as well as an incentive to clinch; the Browns are playing to be spoilers and their contracts/trades for offseason. No one is going to be preserved or bubble wrapped until the middle of the 4th qtr and the ending is 100% guaranteed. 

I expect a Ravens blowout and I expect Chubb to get 100yds rushing but I do not expect some offensive new wrinkle genius from Kitchens

I'm more worried about them abandoning the run early to play catch up to the Ravens. If that happens hopefully Chubb is involved in the air

4 minutes ago, street sharks said:

I'm more worried about them abandoning the run early to play catch up to the Ravens. If that happens hopefully Chubb is involved in the air

I'm worried about the defnse  shutting down Baker in the 1st qtr, forcing him to become skittish and make crappy throws, which means it's going to be a grind fest on every hand off to Chubb between the tackles of 1-2yds.

Baker just doesnt consistently punish defenses with his arm to keep them honest

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, dashoe said:

You didnt have to state it, it was implied or inferred until you provide further clarification. Your point was injury prevention so the only way to prevent on field injury is to not play him. You are being a bit disingenuous with the  you never said  hedge 🤣

Limiting his snaps is still sitting him regardless of if you do it pregame or at halftime. Your point was injury prevention,  Coaches just historically dont do it (unless the player is injured) until the 4th qtr  with the game locked up or a wk 17  to give the starters a rest before the playoffs or give rookies some game reps. 

I made a comment on his observed  downtrend in usage over the weeks. The only way to prevent injury is to not play people? Yes correct, but you can limit players so it’s less likely they get injured. Not a hard concept to grasp. 👏😆😆😆😆

Edited by bhawks489

Gonna sound crazy but if Boone is the guy (no mattison, no cook) I will most likely plug him in over Chubb this week. The last 6-8 weeks of Data (Cleveland is the outlier) is pretty damning as to how good the Ravens run game is. Combine that with the dominant offense and the joke that the Browns defense is (just gave up a crap-ton to Kyler- they do play better at home though), and I'd rather go for a guy in a more safe situation (guaranteed touches in a run-heavy offense and receptions) and a way better matchup at home. 

Edited by PlayTheWaivers

41 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Gonna sound crazy but if Boone is the guy (no mattison, no cook) I will most likely plug him in over Chubb this week. The last 6-8 weeks of Data (Cleveland is the outlier) is pretty damning as to how good the Ravens run game is. Combine that with the dominant offense and the joke that the Browns defense is (just gave up a crap-ton to Kyler- they do play better at home though), and I'd rather go for a guy in a more safe situation (guaranteed touches in a run-heavy offense and receptions) and a way better matchup at home. 

Real tough call here. Image, it’s week 5. Chubb just steam rolled the ravens, and You look to the future to see yourself benching Chubb for Boone in the finals against the ravens lmao. This is one crazy game we play. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I’m really thinking about benching him for AP vs the giants. The start your studs mentality is a bit different nowadays. Most of these so called studs aren’t used the way they were back in the day. Kamara is a prime example of that last night and most of the season.

Edited by StevenSC400

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

You're gonna feel awful if Boone goes belly up while Chubb goes off on your bench

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Stupid. That's called getting cute. Chubb leads the NFL in rushing and is a bonafide stud. Benching him for 3rd string RB is not smart

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If you are currently sitting in the championship game with Chubb as one of your RB's it would be insane to suddenly put the guy on the bench.   You have one of the elite RB's in the NFL....

Glad to know I'm not the only one nervous about this matchup. I'm considering benching Chubb [...] These teams are just different. Cleveland still sucks and is slightly capable of having a really good game, but the Ravens are just rocking right now on both sides of the ball and are probably looking at the revenge factor from that early season whomping they got. I could easily see Hunt used more than usual if Cleveland goes down early.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

[...]

Chubb is guaranteed to get his touches- the problem is the value of the touches. Are they empty calorie between the 20s touches, or touches when behind and Ravens key the run game? 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed response to AC content.

On 12/17/2019 at 4:54 PM, smash10033 said:

If you are currently sitting in the championship game with Chubb as one of your RB's it would be insane to suddenly put the guy on the bench.   You have one of the elite RB's in the NFL....

I agree.  Been debating getting cute but he had a huge game against them earlier this year.

No doubt though Chubb has taken a bit of a hit since Hunt was activated just in terms of his usage.  I mean, before Hunt  he had 4 games with 4 or more receptions and he's had ZERO of those since Hunt was activated.  

The other bummer with Chubb is just his lack of TD's.  I guess 8 isn't terrible but a guy that's been as good as him feels like he should be more in the 10-15 TD range.  I guess there is still time for him to get there....

Just no way I'm benching the NFL's leading rusher at this point.

9 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I agree.  Been debating getting cute but he had a huge game against them earlier this year.

No doubt though Chubb has taken a bit of a hit since Hunt was activated just in terms of his usage.  I mean, before Hunt  he had 4 games with 4 or more receptions and he's had ZERO of those since Hunt was activated.  

The other bummer with Chubb is just his lack of TD's.  I guess 8 isn't terrible but a guy that's been as good as him feels like he should be more in the 10-15 TD range.  I guess there is still time for him to get there....

Just no way I'm benching the NFL's leading rusher at this point.

8 is bad considering 3 of those came in the Ravens game. So 5 TDs in 13 games...

So people are going to bench him against the team he absolutely tore apart for his best game of the season earlier in the year?

That's not a league winning decision. That's a league losing decision and quite possibly the dumbest decision making I've seen in awhile. 

23 minutes ago, munde53 said:

So people are going to bench him against the team he absolutely tore apart for his best game of the season earlier in the year?

That's not a league winning decision. That's a league losing decision and quite possibly the dumbest decision making I've seen in awhile. 

i expect Chubb to produce less against the Ravens 2nd meeting. The Browns have gotten worse and the ravens much better than that game. Lamar Jackson as a QB has developed significantly and the Ravens defense has improves since that game. I acnt say the same about the Browns offense or the defense.

The only reason I would not bench Chubb is his volume and his ability to produce on each touch despite the overall poor play of the Browns offense

Chubb basically has a floor of 8-10 points in PPR and his ceiling is about as high as anyone else at the RB position. I am not sure how you justify benching him.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

i expect Chubb to produce less against the Ravens 2nd meeting. The Browns have gotten worse and the ravens much better than that game. Lamar Jackson as a QB has developed significantly and the Ravens defense has improves since that game. I acnt say the same about the Browns offense or the defense.

The only reason I would not bench Chubb is his volume and his ability to produce on each touch despite the overall poor play of the Browns offense

I think everyone would agree, I doubt anyone is expecting 150/3.  

The Ravens are no doubt a better team than the earlier meeting, but as several of us have pointed out, the Ravens rushing defense (at least in terms of fantasy production) has actually gotten worse since the first meeting.

In their last 6 games, they’ve given up over 100 yards rushing to every team except the Rams... and that includes blowout wins against the Texans, Bengals & Jets.

All this being said, we’ll probably see a bit more of Hunt because of gameflow, but I’m not so much worried about the matchup. Also, as you pointed out, the volume will be there. You’d have to have some really good options to sit him.

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

I mean, producing less could be 150 yards and 2 TDs so of course you should expect him to produce less. 

Benching a guy who has just under 1,700 total yards and 8 TDs with two games yet to play because you "think the match up is bad" is just dumb. Chubb is essentially putting up the same total yards/TDs as Zeke did last year. Would you have benched Zeke if you had him in your fantasy football championship last year?

• Like 1

Mismatch manifesto has browns rb efficiency way higher than Ravens run stop efficiency. Whatever just play him unless you have two top12 options 

• Like 1

My one hesitation with chubb is they have nothing to play for.

The Vikings on the other hand have everything on the line and Boone looks like a solid option.