munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

31 minutes ago, bakes781 said:

I'm not giving up on Chubb today. It would help if they had something to play for, but against the Bungles I have to expect at least 15 pts(90 yds and a TD). 

of course they have something to play for. Everyone is playing for their jobs or next contracts in the offseason, that includes coaches and players on both teams. Nobody coaching or playing on gameday is taking off or playing for nothing😉

• Haha 1

All I know is this reminds me why I will never play in a league with a week 17 championship game ever again.

On 12/22/2019 at 6:12 PM, Dr. Whom said:

If he is as good as those in this thread say...he should make/find new holes to run through. Chubb is just not good...rushing title means nothing on today’s nfl as all the elite backs catch balls 

This is just dumb and the reason why full point PPR is the dumbest format in fantasy football. Chubb is #2 in the NFL in total yards behind only CMC.

Receptions as a RB is almost entirely scheme driven and isn't always indicative of a players actual ability. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, munde53 said:

This is just dumb and the reason why full point PPR is the dumbest format in fantasy football. Chubb is #2 in the NFL in total yards behind only CMC.

Receptions as a RB is almost entirely scheme driven and isn't always indicative of a players actual ability. 

I could not disagree more.

A pass catching back is incredibly valuable for the team. Full PPR rewards the chain movers.  Big plays alone do not make a team.

21 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

I could not disagree more.

A pass catching back is incredibly valuable for the team. Full PPR rewards the chain movers.  Big plays alone do not make a team.

A 1 yard catch is more valuable in full PPR than a 10 yard rush. That's not rewarding "chain movers." 

A RB who can catch passes is not the same as a pass catching RB in the point I'm making. A workhorse who also catches the ball out of the backfield should always be more valuable than the James White and Tarik Cohen's of the world. Those kind of players are valuable in the roles they play but they are not more valuable than the Nick Chubb's of the world.

• Like 1

Just now, munde53 said:

A 1 yard catch is more valuable in full PPR than a 10 yard rush. That's not rewarding "chain movers." 

A RB who can catch passes is not the same as a pass catching RB in the point I'm making. A workhorse who also catches the ball out of the backfield should always be more valuable than the James White and Tarik Cohen's of the world. Those kind of players are valuable in the roles they play but they are not more valuable than the Nick Chubb's of the world.

So you just do not agree with 1 point per Reception,   then I would guess you still like .5?

1 hour ago, Sivaro said:

So you just do not agree with 1 point per Reception,   then I would guess you still like .5?

Full PPR also rewards a lot of undeserving RB's and WR's. I've never been a fan of it. 0.5 PPR is tolerable.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, devaster said:

Full PPR also rewards a lot of undeserving RB's and WR's. I've never been a fan of it. 0.5 PPR is tolerable.

I like 0.25 PPR the most, but most people in that league wanted 0.5 PPR so we switched to that.  A few other leagues I was in are full PPR and I agree that it can be a bit much.

Edited by ZappB
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Kitchens gone- giddy up for 20

This probably why Chubb didnt get the rushing title 🤣

On 12/28/2019 at 4:00 PM, munde53 said:

According to his posts probably AP. Who went for 55 total yards but got lucky with a TD. The other name I saw getting brought up by other people was Mike Boone who went for a blistering 33 total yards. 

If you played AP over Chubb you made the wrong play but got lucky and if you played Boone then well you got the production you deserved. 

I actually started AP but was very close to starting D Washington. Neither choice was wrong because well they both played better lol. And I’m obviously banking on the TD from AP in a good matchup and I’m not banking on a TD from Chubb due to his  down trend of involvement in the offense, inability to score at the goal line, terrible play calling and playing against a good D. You think I made the wrong decision but that’s what some of you don’t get. You got to pick up on the constant changes that happen throughout the season and not live in the past. Another terrible game from Chubb this week is not surprising. But hey keep playing your “studs”. It’s a different game that we play now especially with the constant rotation of players at the RB position.

Edited by StevenSC400

1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

I actually started AP but was very close to starting D Washington. Neither choice was wrong because well they both played better lol. And I’m obviously banking on the TD from AP in a good matchup and I’m not banking on a TD from Chubb due to his  down trend of involvement in the offense, inability to score at the goal line, terrible play calling and playing against a good D. You think I made the wrong decision but that’s what some of you don’t get. You got to pick up on the constant changes that happen throughout the season and not live in the past. Another terrible game from Chubb this week is not surprising. But hey keep playing your “studs”. It’s a different game that we play now especially with the constant rotation of players at the RB position.

Probably should've benched Julio Jones in the 1st round of the playoffs too since he was coming off of 5 straight weeks of failing to even reach 9 fantasy points. Aaron Jones had back to back weeks of less than 4 points leading into the playoffs and Saquon had four games of less than 12 points and two of those were 6 or less points leading into the playoffs. I would bet those guys were on a lot of championship rosters because of what they did in the playoffs. 

The three games leading up to week 16 the Ravens gave up 22.4 points to Mostert, 14.8 to Singletary, and 9.8 to Bell. At this point in his career, Chubb is better than any of those running backs. There is/was plenty of reason for optimism especially considering how Chubb tore the Ravens apart earlier in the year. 

Sure his raw total touches went down when Hunt came back but he was averaging 21 touches per game going into week 16 with Hunt around. You're making it should like he was getting lucky to see 15 total touches. 

You sound like someone who routinely chases points from various players from week to week. If it happened to workout for you during the fantasy championship and you won because of it, then congratulations. At the end of the day it's your team and you can make whatever decisions you want because at the end of the day you're the one who has to live with them. 

Match ups are one of the most overrated things in fantasy football. Should you be aware of them? Sure. But that doesn't mean you're benching Julio Jones because he might be facing a good corner back. 

Sometimes in fantasy football you make the wrong play and get lucky and sometimes you make the right play and get unlucky. More often than not if you make the right play (playing the better player) you'll come out on the winning side more often than not. 

7 hours ago, munde53 said:

Probably should've benched Julio Jones in the 1st round of the playoffs too since he was coming off of 5 straight weeks of failing to even reach 9 fantasy points. Aaron Jones had back to back weeks of less than 4 points leading into the playoffs and Saquon had four games of less than 12 points and two of those were 6 or less points leading into the playoffs. I would bet those guys were on a lot of championship rosters because of what they did in the playoffs. 

The three games leading up to week 16 the Ravens gave up 22.4 points to Mostert, 14.8 to Singletary, and 9.8 to Bell. At this point in his career, Chubb is better than any of those running backs. There is/was plenty of reason for optimism especially considering how Chubb tore the Ravens apart earlier in the year. 

Sure his raw total touches went down when Hunt came back but he was averaging 21 touches per game going into week 16 with Hunt around. You're making it should like he was getting lucky to see 15 total touches. 

You sound like someone who routinely chases points from various players from week to week. If it happened to workout for you during the fantasy championship and you won because of it, then congratulations. At the end of the day it's your team and you can make whatever decisions you want because at the end of the day you're the one who has to live with them. 

Match ups are one of the most overrated things in fantasy football. Should you be aware of them? Sure. But that doesn't mean you're benching Julio Jones because he might be facing a good corner back. 

Sometimes in fantasy football you make the wrong play and get lucky and sometimes you make the right play and get unlucky. More often than not if you make the right play (playing the better player) you'll come out on the winning side more often than not. 

I don’t normally do that and especially not with players like Barkley who is basically guaranteed work or Julio etc. Now your just throwing names out. But sometimes things start to change throughout the season. If you couldn’t see chubbs workload get smaller and smaller toward the end of the season and basically get game scripted out of games in exchange for hunt then I don’t know what to tell you. 

Basically my breaking point for Chubb was when I started seeing Hilliard get more receiving work than him and it was Hilliard and hunt who was out there even in 2 RB sets and not Chubb and hunt. That’s when I realized yes he probably is lucky to get 15-16 touches moving forward. And that’s exactly what happened.