Fantasy Gooroo

Christian McCaffrey 2019 Outlook

49 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

is everyone else rostering his handcuff, reggie bonnafon? or is it not necessary?

Not yet, but once bye weeks are over I will be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dannyz6969 said:

is everyone else rostering his handcuff, reggie bonnafon? or is it not necessary?

No. I think this offense would be brutal if cmc misses time plus it would be a timeshare with scarlett.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Evincar said:

No. I think this offense would be brutal if cmc misses time plus it would be a timeshare with scarlett.

Yep. #CuffingSeason

1 hour ago, Evincar said:

Yeah, handcuffs are pretty worthless unless you are talking about Pollard or Mattison. There aren't many out there that can step in and be an RB1. The drop-off is just too great. You are basically hoping for an RB2, but most end up being only flex material. Bonnafon would likely be, like you said, timeshare. Probably worth an add just to avoid a frenzy if CMC got injured, but I wouldn't be expecting much.

Edited by FitzMagic

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, handcuffs are pretty worthless unless you are talking about Pollard or Mattison. There aren't many out there that can step in and be an RB1. The drop-off is just too great. You are basically hoping for an RB2, but most end up being only flex material. Bonnafon would likely be, like you said, timeshare. Probably worth an add just to avoid a frenzy if CMC got injured, but I wouldn't be expecting much.

I could agree with this. However Bonnafon is the pass-catcher of he and Scarlett, so he would at least have Flex/RB2 value as a "body" vs losing a RB outright if CMC went down.

Certainly, other clearcut handcuff stashes have more upside-- Pollard, Mattison, Samuels, Penny... I'd throw Gallman in there because he is a 3 down back and their RB schedule is super easy.

• Like 2

If CMC goes down, I want nothing on this offense.  He isn't succeeding because of his situation, he is doing it because he is a stud.

Edited by hoppychokes
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, hoppychokes said:

If CMC goes down, I want nothing on this offense.  He isn't succeeding because of his situation, he is doing it because he is a stud.

I think that’s a little harsh. Ty Johnson had a cult following from the LIONS. My team, but still, we don’t run the ball w success. I would want all the shares of Cam, Reggie, DJ, and honestly most of all (if Cam returns) I would want Curtis on my roster. 

19 hours ago, itschief33 said:

I think that’s a little harsh. Ty Johnson had a cult following from the LIONS. My team, but still, we don’t run the ball w success. I would want all the shares of Cam, Reggie, DJ, and honestly most of all (if Cam returns) I would want Curtis on my roster. 

Cam did not look startable in week 2, or like he could support any role players. He torpedoed CMC.

3 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

Cam did not look startable in week 2, or like he could support any role players. He torpedoed CMC.

Agreed. I just meant this offense will drastically change in the event CMC were to be out. I don’t see it being a fantasy wasteland in that scenario, though. In my opinion, someone would emerge.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mbell317 said:

Can we expect 50 from him this week? Or is that asking too little?

Isn't that his projection in PPR?

• Like 1

It’s so sad this isn’t the most hype thread on this site. 

Great White Buffalo ✊🏽

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guys, this Green Baby matchup is the first defense ranked in the bottom half in terms of points allowed to RBs (per half point PPR scoring). 

CMC has had the season he has had against LAR (12th), TB (4th), ARI (15th), Hou (11th), Jax (28th), TB (4th), SF (1st), Ten (7th). 

. . . I think he might be an OK option to start this week. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, shaman0610 said:

Guys, this Green Baby matchup is the first defense ranked in the bottom half in terms of points allowed to RBs (per half point PPR scoring). 

CMC has had the season he has had against LAR (12th), TB (4th), ARI (15th), Hou (11th), Jax (28th), TB (4th), SF (1st), Ten (7th). 

But Bruce Arians said RoJo is the new starter. 

4 hours ago, shaman0610 said:

Too risky. Sitting with confidence 

5 minutes ago, timbrah_ho said:

Uhhhh he’s sitting out practice with a knee injury today?

"Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey missed Wednesday’s work with a knee injury. It is nothing to worry about, though, as it appears to be a maintenance day for McCaffrey." https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/06/christian-mccaffrey-sits-out-wednesdays-practice/

He did a similar thing last week. Hopefully it is just a rest day and they need some reason to designate that he sat out. 

Hes been resting/sitting out a lot of Wednesday practice now. I consider it now like his mandatory rest day to relax since he's there offense lol. He had the same exact thing last week and still Destroyed Tennessee. No worries here. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, timbrah_ho said:

Uhhhh he’s sitting out practice with a knee injury today?

It was reported weeks ago that he'd be getting Wednesdays off due to his workload. There is nothing wrong with him.

Everyone needs to take Wednesday practice reports with a grain of salt. They almost never mean anything. If a vet ever takes a Wednesday off, it’s 99% of the time a maintenance day. Rivera said that CMC will be taking all Wednesday’s off moving forward like 2 weeks ago. Relax guys. You guys should know this by now.