Fantasy Gooroo

Christian McCaffrey 2019 Outlook

5 hours ago, shaman0610 said:

Guys, this Green Baby matchup is the first defense ranked in the bottom half in terms of points allowed to RBs (per half point PPR scoring). 

CMC has had the season he has had against LAR (12th), TB (4th), ARI (15th), Hou (11th), Jax (28th), TB (4th), SF (1st), Ten (7th). 

. . . I think he might be an OK option to start this week. 

That’s a pretty amazing stat when you consider that every one of them has played against CMC... so how good have they been against everyone else?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

That’s a pretty amazing stat when you consider that every one of them has played against CMC... so how good have they been against everyone else?

I know right?!? Too lazy to isolate Carolina out to see how that would adjust those ranks. 
But even looking at San Francisco as the #1 D against RB fantasy points, he torched them for 117 yards and a TD on 14 touches / 4 receptions for 38 yards. Bonkers. 

I was surprised to notice that his two worst fantasy outings this year are both against TB: 6.3 points, and 19.7 (in 0.5 PPR formats). 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Absolute legend. 30 fantasy points on a day where his team only scores 3.

Playing against him in one league. Saw Carolina had only 3 points and was pumped. Come to find out he had like 20 receptions and respectable ground numbers.

What the eff lol. Is there any doubt hes numero uno next year? Hes getting madden like numbers in my be a pro mode.

Edited by bhawks489

14 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Playing against him in one league. Saw Carolina had only 3 points and was pumped. Come to find out he had like 20 receptions and respectable ground numbers.

What the eff lol. Is there any doubt hes numero uno next year? Hes getting madden like numbers in my be a pro mode.

Its him or Michael Thomas. I wouldnt consider anyone else.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

He's on pace for a 400 touch season.  I'd be wary of him next year.  What's that bad juju number?  The curse of 370?  There is a correlation between giving a running back such a large workload and his reduced effectiveness and production the following season.  A 370-touch campaign seems to prematurely wear down a back, and has long term ramifications.

Only LaDainian Tomlinson has followed a 370-touch season with an even better one.

In all likelihood we are watching the best season of CMC's career.

2 hours ago, Johnny Rico said:

He's on pace for a 400 touch season.  I'd be wary of him next year.  What's that bad juju number?  The curse of 370?  There is a correlation between giving a running back such a large workload and his reduced effectiveness and production the following season.  A 370-touch campaign seems to prematurely wear down a back, and has long term ramifications.

Only LaDainian Tomlinson has followed a 370-touch season with an even better one.

In all likelihood we are watching the best season of CMC's career.

Never bet against the Great White Buffalo.

10 hours ago, Evincar said:

Stop it. “Oh, I’m so contrarian, I picked a WR #1 overall.”  Thomas is great, but CMC is a WR1 and a RB1 at the same time. There is no discussion as to the first pick. None.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Evincar said:

you should pick Michael Thomas over him approximately 0% of the time. 

30 points in PPR.  His team scores 3 points total.  His QB was awful.  Yet he still gets 30 points.  Amazing.  Hurts to say it, as I took Saquon at #1 overall.  This guy has defied expectations ever since he entered the league.

I'm still a Saquon guy, but CMC is the undisputed #1 overall pick next year. Should be 1.0 ADP, nothing less. He's going to be on a lot of winning fantasy squads in the next month. He's two players in one. Let's give a Mile High salute to the man that made it all possible:

usatsi_9098044.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Stop it. “Oh, I’m so contrarian, I picked a WR #1 overall.”  Thomas is great, but CMC is a WR1 and a RB1 at the same time. There is no discussion as to the first pick. None.

Its got nothing to do with being contrarian. Thomas is ridiculously consistent at a high variance position and CMC has a ton of tread on his tires these past two seasons.

CMC should be the consensus #1 pick but there should be always be an objective discussion. There is no such thing as a lock in fantasy football.

Edited by Evincar

3 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

I'm still a Saquon guy, but CMC is the undisputed #1 overall pick next year. Should be 1.0 ADP, nothing less. He's going to be on a lot of winning fantasy squads in the next month. He's two players in one. Let's give a Mile High salute to the man that made it all possible:

usatsi_9098044.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

I like to think TD paved the way for one cut backs everywhere...oh wait, that's not who you're talking about... 

9 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

And yet Russell Wilson is the name I hear over and over again on TV as being the league MVP?

Can't win MVP if your team don't make the playoffs. Kyle Allen.

• Thanks 1