Fantasy Gooroo

Christian McCaffrey 2019 Outlook

Very interesting situation.

New OC is the son of Norv Turner. How far does the apple fall from the tree?

Also would they lighten up CMC load now that the season is over?

But they also lost Greg Olsen their Tight end, so they need someone for short gains.

I have no idea what would happen.

ex-Jints D coordinator - lighting a fire under they arses after the pukefest vs Washington. 

look for that D to respond big time ....

16 minutes ago, mchspd3 said:

But they also lost Greg Olsen their Tight end, so they need someone for short gains.

I imagine CMC will sit out week 17 again.

30 minutes ago, affliction said:

QB coach is new OC 

Norv gets promotion to special asst coach 

31 minutes ago, affliction said:

New OC yikes 

The new OC is Turner's son.

16 minutes ago, mchspd3 said:

I've been wondering this about CMC too with his load management.  I mean, it seems silly to keep pounding him for 30 touches a game or something.

He is amazing and a warrior so they might.  But sure wouldn't seem in his best interest in this lost season.  He already has more carries in 12 games this year than he had in 16 last year.  And fair to wonder if he's wearing down a little averaging 3 ypc over his last 2 games.

Of course if I had him on my teams, I'd probably be singing a different tune :)

48 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

At this point you’d think there’s likely a chance they go to Grier to end the season?

Think they'll let CMC to go for the record of yards from scrimmage hopefully 

• Like 2

I can't recall a healthy player ever sitting before week 17 so I wouldn't worry too much about that.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.  The only way I could see CMC being rested before week 17 is if he picks up an injury and then the Panthers decide to shut him down once they're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs - I think they can still technically make it - which could be a possible risk for someone like Barkley though even then I think it's unlikely as long as it's not as serious injury.

Edited by ZappB
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Think they'll let CMC to go for the record of yards from scrimmage hopefully 

no chance in hell they are thinking that.  zero. zip. nada. nil. nyet .... the big avacado 🥑

There isnt much to play for when you fire your HC at week 14. Coaches want to win and players want to compete but I think the Owner/GM are going to give a mandate or "guidance" to the interim coaches on what will happen with CMC for ROS. 

There is no coach on the staff who has the ability and voice to "push back" since they are all in limbo.

Not good for a fantasy playoff run

So most importantly they still have a chance to make the playoffs. It’s not good but it’s still there. I think at least for this week CMC is safe. Depending on what happens I might be worried at week 16. You just have to hope they win this week.  

11 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

So most importantly they still have a chance to make the playoffs. It’s not good but it’s still there. I think at least for this week CMC is safe. Depending on what happens I might be worried at week 16. You just have to hope they win this week.  

Same, i been lucky that i got a bye but I’m really hoping to see some good signs for this week so that i feel better playing him week 15 & 16 

was really counting on him for the 30 points a game but now I’ll just be glad to get 18-24 points. As long as they don’t go away from him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, HOF12 said:

Same, i been lucky that i got a bye but I’m really hoping to see some good signs for this week so that i feel better playing him week 15 & 16 

was really counting on him for the 30 points a game but now I’ll just be glad to get 18-24 points. As long as they don’t go away from him. 

Only a CMC owner. Must be nice!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

Only a CMC owner. Must be nice!!!

Well, what can interim say... we should have utilized him more

Is his backup worth having ? And who is it ? Believe both Davis and Reggie were active last week. After seeing what happened with Dalvin cook trying to back up my big guys. 

21 hours ago, JohnD said:

Why?.... you think they are going to want Kyle Allen to throw it more than 50 times and only complete half of them like this past Sunday?

I hope not my friend. I do agree with you. I just always get nervous when a new OC comes lol

This is not surprising, but Maurice Jones-Drew in an AMA on reddit:

redditor: “Who is the best RB in NFL?”

MJD: “McCaffery, and it isn’t even close”

I don’t think he’s going to sit or have his touches limited due to the fact that he’s having a historic season. He’s going to pad his stats.