Fantasy Gooroo

Christian McCaffrey 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Panthers coach Perry Fewell said he'll make a decision Wednesday on the team's starting quarterback.

It's a shift from the norm as Fewell had no issues immediately committing to Kyle Allen last Monday. The signal caller's three interceptions in as many possessions on Sunday probably has something to do with it. Allen has thrown six picks and fumbled five times (losing two) in his last three games, paving the way for third-rounder Will Grier to inevitably make his first career start in Week 16 against the Colts. The rookie performed poorly this preseason, completing 34-of-61 passes for 385 yards and 6.3 yards per attempt, but his presence at the very least allows the new regime to evaluate their situation under center moving forward.

I really hope they don’t make a change until Week 17.  Allen sucks, but he sure does love throwing to CMC.  We need to keep the status quo going into Championship Week.

Honestly don't care who the QB is as long as CMC is on the field this week. Allen threw a ton of deep picks. I could see Grier checking down more with safe throws. 

2 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Honestly don't care who the QB is as long as CMC is on the field this week. Allen threw a ton of deep picks. I could see Grier checking down more with safe throws. 

Yea qb doesnt matter with this dude, the whole offense is built around CMC. Grier should be able to complete at least 5 passes to CMC within 15 yards lol The only bad thing is defenses dont have to worry that much now about moore or samuel, grier doesnt scare anyone

Edited by Zekepeak86

I prefer the QB change. Check down city. Allen throws it deep quite a bit and throws picks all the time. He isn’t exactly boosting CMC value.

Any chance they rest this guy since their games are meaningless and he's gotten so much work this year? Not that you don't start him, just may not get the typical usage.

Edited by scmpb11

1 minute ago, scmpb11 said:

Any chance they rest this guy since their games are meaningless and he's gotten so much work this year? Not that you don't start him, just may not get the typical usage.

I don't think they have a relevant replacement for him in their backfield, everyone is playing for their contracts, trades or pecking order for the offseason; the team has incentive to use CMC less but the interim coaching staff does not

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I don't think they have a relevant replacement for him in their backfield, everyone is playing for their contracts, trades or pecking order for the offseason; the team has incentive to use CMC less but the interim coaching staff does not

also if they really want to see what they have in Greir they have to let him play with CMC to get an accurate eval. Not to mention CMC is roughly 380 yards from Chris Johnson's season record. I think they'll let him go for it at least this week then see how close he is before sitting him for week 17

• Like 1

I really can't see CMC being like "Yeah sure I could use some rest". I feel like he would be very opposed and vocal on the notion.. 

• Like 1

too close to the scrimmage yard record and the 1k/1k mark to rest at least this week

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 5:41 PM, bakes781 said:

I read that they want to get him the record for 1k yards for both receiving and rushing 

Compiler - it shall occur.

Amazing season, the guy is a human cheat code.

All the more impressive with some of the NFL's very worst QB play.

49 minutes ago, id10t said:

Amazing season, the guy is a human cheat code.

All the more impressive with some of the NFL's very worst QB play.

I think the QB play is why he was the cheat code. short quick passes underneath that the defense gives to the QB so he can't  beat him downfield for big chunk plays. 

This explains the 5-11 team record and the coach getting fired. 😉