Fantasy Gooroo

Christian McCaffrey 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Didn't they have CJ last year and then end up releasing him because he was barely used? This seems more like Breer coming to this conclusion rather than what the coaching staff actually means.

Edited by whatisfootball
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No mention of Holyfield either. Didn't look completely solid early the other night, bit still managed to pop in a couple of TDs, which I guess is more relevant to this culturing topic. He had a shocker of a 40 but the ability is there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, whatisfootball said:

Didn't they have CJ last year and then end up releasing him because he was barely used? This seems more like Breer coming to this conclusion rather than what the coaching staff actually means.

 

As a big CJ guy, I thought for sure he would get some GL work and late game mop up duty and push for carries. 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

Albert Breer

 

3) Finding a backup RB is a focus, with Jordan Scarlett, Reggie Bonnafon and Cameron Artis-Payne vying for the job. The hope is they can take some of the mileage -- but not touches -- off Christian McCaffrey. Ideally, they'd delegate a lot of his short-yardage and goal-line work.

 

Absolutely mind-numbing. Take your best player off the field in the most important situations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

 

Absolutely mind-numbing. Take your best player off the field in the most important situations?

Yeah it’s not actually happening. Just ignore it. Cmac is the wheels, engine, and steering wheel of that offense. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Yeah it’s not actually happening. Just ignore it. Cmac is the wheels, engine, and steering wheel of that offense. 


Exactly. Worst case scenario is that they take him off short yardage, which isn't really that bad. The goalline work is the main focus and I highly doubt they take him off the field when they are down in the redzone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Yeah it’s not actually happening. Just ignore it. Cmac is the wheels, engine, and steering wheel of that offense. 

 

Good Analogy, and why I just traded Fournette and my second round for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cothane said:

Thoughts on his draft position with the uncertainty around the Cam injury?

 

Unless MRI results reveal some devastating news, I think you draft him as you normally would. The fact that Cam came out walking in a walking boot instead of walking on crutches is promising, but we just don't know yet. We only have a small sample size of CMC playing without Cam and he did extremely well in week 16 last season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

 

Unless MRI results reveal some devastating news, I think you draft him as you normally would. The fact that Cam came out walking in a walking boot instead of walking on crutches is promising, but we just don't know yet. We only have a small sample size of CMC playing without Cam and he did extremely well in week 16 last season.

 

Exactly, he had probably one of his best games last season without Cam against the Falcons with Taylor Heinicke as QB. It's not like CMC depends on timing routes to get his yards. He gets his yards from short dump passes, and then does his thing. Who knows, it may allow CMC to get even more touches at the goal line without Cam in calling his own number inside the 5.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CMC is definitely a top 3 selection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, CawCaw said:

CMC is definitely a top 3 selection. 

I agree, still top three. But does AK jump him into the two spot? Seems like Cam dodged serious injury. But could be a lingering thing that hampers him. Maybe that’s good for CMC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Newton better be OK because I think McCaffrey is slightly over-valued this year. He's never been a rushing monster and his receptions will come down. I want people to overpay. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank gravy Cam’s doesn’t need surgery. 

 

Hope they let him miss miss a game or two if he needs it rather than rushing it and ruining him. CMC needs Cam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Thank gravy Cam’s doesn’t need surgery. 

 

Hope they let him miss miss a game or two if he needs it rather than rushing it and ruining him. CMC needs Cam

I'm not sure how much, if any, CMC needs Cam. Albeit a small sample size we have seen CMC "ball out" without him. Also, who is likely to benefit the most by Cam being out? The Receivers, The TE's, In my opinion CMC gets fed even more with the dump pass without Cam, and probably gets more rush attempts too, especially at the goal line.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Caucasian Sensation said:

I'm not sure how much, if any, CMC needs Cam. Albeit a small sample size we have seen CMC "ball out" without him. Also, who is likely to benefit the most by Cam being out? The Receivers, The TE's, In my opinion CMC gets fed even more with the dump pass without Cam, and probably gets more rush attempts too, especially at the goal line.

 

 

I hope you are right. I saw a few minutes of the game last night and the O Line did not look good. Have to believe that the threat of Cam running helps with that whereas a back up might exasperate the problem. I also feel better when I have confidence the offense can move the ball. Wouldn’t feel great about that happening without Cam.

Sounds like he’ll be ok but if he isn’t, I hope you’re right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

 

 

I hope you are right. I saw a few minutes of the game last night and the O Line did not look good. Have to believe that the threat of Cam running helps with that whereas a back up might exasperate the problem. I also feel better when I have confidence the offense can move the ball. Wouldn’t feel great about that happening without Cam.

Sounds like he’ll be ok but if he isn’t, I hope you’re right.

Me Too. Sounds like a mid-foot sprain. So Cam should be ready week 1. Although I think CMC will be ok without him, I would rather have him in there than not.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cothane said:

I agree, still top three. But does AK jump him into the two spot? Seems like Cam dodged serious injury. But could be a lingering thing that hampers him. Maybe that’s good for CMC. 

I like AK one spot ahead of CMC kind of because of the explosive offense of New Orleans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FreakFries said:

 

 

I hope you are right. I saw a few minutes of the game last night and the O Line did not look good. Have to believe that the threat of Cam running helps with that whereas a back up might exasperate the problem. I also feel better when I have confidence the offense can move the ball. Wouldn’t feel great about that happening without Cam.

Sounds like he’ll be ok but if he isn’t, I hope you’re right.

 

Patriots D is gonna ball out this year. #4 fantasy last year.

 

CMC still worth the pick here. Still a lock for 100+ targets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Based on what?

1.  Two up and coming talented young receivers
2.  Regression to the norm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 4:18 PM, bomont said:

1.  Two up and coming talented young receivers
2.  Regression to the norm 

He's a pass catching back.... he's still catching at least 90 balls again this year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 2:18 PM, bomont said:

1.  Two up and coming talented young receivers
2.  Regression to the norm 

What regression.  last year was the norm. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.