Fantasy Gooroo

Christian McCaffrey 2019 Outlook

Honesty I have never seen an NFL QB miss that many throws that badly. Also, Cam can’t run anymore either, this is a big problem for this offense going forward if he doesnt snap out of it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Do you really think that's a possibility?  

No. 

It’s Cam Newton

Only 30 years old 

2015 MVP

He’s guaranteed $16.7 Million this year. 

He’s guaranteed $19+ Million next year.

Newton is the Carolina Panthers. They’re not gonna/can’t trade him and they’re not gonna bench him for Will Grier. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Asian Sensation said:

No. 

It’s Cam Newton

Only 30 years old 

2015 MVP

He’s guaranteed $16.7 Million this year. 

He’s guaranteed $19+ Million next year.

Newton is the Carolina Panthers. They’re not gonna/can’t trade him and they’re not gonna bench him for Will Grier. 

Without a doubt.  I was being sarcastic with my question.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

Without a doubt.  I was being sarcastic with my question.  

I hope so. Can’t always tell around these parts lol.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Do you really think that's a possibility?  

Definitely but probably not until late in the season unfortunately. This team has been in a tailspin since their 6-2 start last season and a lot of that has to due with Cam's diminishing physical talents and constant injuries. I think Grier was drafted with those things in mind and Cam being a UFA after next season.

50 minutes ago, altmin said:

Not sure about your league, but I don't get to carry over 20 unneeded points from the previous week.

You hope for a safer floor from a top 5 pick, but such is life. FF just sucks sometimes.

His floor is actually one of the safest in all of fantasy. There aren't many players that touch the ball as much as CMC and they all went in the top 3 picks this year. You are just being reactionary. 

The Panthers simply had a bad game across the board... terrible o-line play, one of Cam's worst games of his career, and some of the most questionable play calling I've seen in a while. TNF, weather delay, a likely hobbled Cam Newton (they won't admit it but he doesn't look right)... it was a perfect 💩 storm.

Luckily, this was his absolute floor, and if he punches that TD in you can't even complain. Football is truly a game of inches. 

You have two options: go ahead and trade him or be realistic. He's still a top 5 player and will be valued as such on the trade market. Maybe you can find a player to protect yourself from his unsafe floor. Or maybe you can acknowledge every player out there might one day lay a turd just like we had the misfortune to witness tonight. It's a team sport. 

Edited by Trifecta

1 minute ago, Trifecta said:

His floor is actually one of the safest in all of fantasy. There aren't many players that touch the ball as much as CMC and they all went in the top 3 picks this year. You are just being reactionary. 

The Panthers simply had a bad game across the board... terrible o-line play, one of Cam's worst games of his career, and some of the most questionable play calling I've seen in a while. TNF, weather delay, a likely hobbled Cam Newton (they won't admit it but he doesn't look right)... it was a perfect 💩 storm.

Luckily, this was his absolute floor, and if he punches that TD in and you can't even say anything. Football is truly a game of inches. 

You have two options: go ahead and trade him or be realistic. He's still a top 5 player and will be valued as such on the trade market. Maybe you can find a player to protect yourself from his unsafe floor. Or maybe you can acknowledge every player out there might one day lay a turd just like we had the misfortune to witness tonight. It's a team sport. 

There is absolutely no excuse for CMAC not getting the ball through the air in hurry-up mode.  In particular that last drive before the half.  

An utter disgrace to not be able to get the ball into your best players hands.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

There is absolutely no excuse for CMAC not getting the ball through the air in hurry-up mode.  In particular that last drive before the half.  

Need an average qb at this point. Late time announcers are laughing... even more than Aikman. 

2 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Agreed. He was obviously underutilized in the passing game and it was there for the most part. Give the bucs front 7 credit, but I don't know what was worse: the Panthers o line, Cam Newton, or the play calling. Expect all of that to be better on a long rest week. 

I think Cam's good days are clearly behind him, turned into Eli Manning

Anyone ever think Rivera just sucks. Coaches put players in a position to succeed. Rivera didn’t do that tonight

Even the most elite RBs have a few such games per season. I'm fairly confident that CMC will finish the season top 5 in all formats. If you find some disappointed CMC owner, try to trade for him lol! 😆

You'd have to find an expert who really studied the film but it seemed like Tampa said we're gonna stop CMC and force Cam to beat us. Only explanation for this, and very smart if true. CMC is too talented to not be a top 5 RB but if opponents follow this blueprint (which they should) it definitely dings his value a bit. 

What made Cam great was his ability outside the pocket but he rarely leaves the pocket voluntarily now and looks bad when he's in it. How long can this continue before something gives? The season is two games old and the boo birds are already making themselves heard in the stadium. If they lose to Arizona next week this season is practically over.

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

You'd have to find an expert who really studied the film but it seemed like Tampa said we're gonna stop CMC and force Cam to beat us. Only explanation for this, and very smart if true. CMC is too talented to not be a top 5 RB but if opponents follow this blueprint (which they should) it definitely dings his value a bit. 

This. It could be a muddy situation for CMC and the offense if they continue losing games. Will they continue riding CMC at a high usage rate if they’re going to be a losing team all year? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Anyone ever think Rivera just sucks. Coaches put players in a position to succeed. Rivera didn’t do that tonight

He didn't do that this week, but I would say Rivera in general has been a very good thing for CMC.  Not many coaches that will ride any player for 320+ touches, or play a RB every snap in this RBBC landscape.  Even with last night's turd, CMC is still on pace for 376 touches this year!  Which clearly isn't even a realistic number.  

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would be worried about a coaching change.  It would be very hard to see any other coach feeding CMC the volume he currently gets (especially if it turned into a lost season).

The play-calling last night was absolutely inexcusable.  Cam sucks now, and he was at his absolute worst against the Bucs... In no universe is letting him drop back to throw the ball down field 50 times a recipe for success.

McCafferey wasn’t targeted once from the first quarter until the last drive of the game (when he subsequently picked up  13 yards).  They would go 8-10 plays without getting him a touch while Cam was sailing passes 10 yards over his receivers’ heads, then they’d give CMC a run up the middle. The Bucs run defense looked solid, how about getting him the ball in space? Cam wasn’t even looking for checkdowns, but they also could have schemed a couple screens to slow the pass rush, or a circle route, or something creative. It was awful.

All that being said, CMC should have scored the TD at the end... A cutback likely would have gotten it done (or at least gotten the 1st down). That one is on him.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
Typo

5 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

The play-calling last night was absolutely inexcusable.  Cam sucks now, and he was at his absolute worst against the Bucs... In no universe is letting him drop back to throw the ball down field 50 times a recipe for success.

McCafferey wasn’t targeted once from the first quarter until the last drive of the game (when he subsequently picked up  13 yards).  They would go 8-10 plays without getting him a touch while Cam was sailing passes 10 yards over his receivers’ heads, then they’d give CMC a run up the middle. The Bucs run defense looked solid, how about getting him the ball in space? Cam wasn’t even looking for checkdowns, but they also could have schemed a couple screens to slow the pass rush, or a circle route, or something creative. It was awful.

All that being said, CMC should have scored the TD at the end... A cutback likely would have gotten it done (or at least gotten the 1st down). That one is on him.

I feel like if he stabbed his foot into the ground and took a hard cut straight forward that he would have absolutely gotten a minimum of the first. He kept going lateral upon contact and it was against a weak CB. I feel like the suddenness and power of a forceful cut straight to the end zone would have got the job done. 

I'm in disbelief at his usage last night. It's just incredible how inept Ron Rivera is at using his greatest weapon on offense. Even Dallas and the Giants aren't this stupid. The offense flows through your best player.

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I'm in disbelief at his usage last night. It's just incredible how inept Ron Rivera is at using his greatest weapon on offense. Even Dallas and the Giants aren't this stupid. The offense flows through your best player.

He literally got 19 carries and 11 targets the week before

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat