Fantasy Gooroo

Christian McCaffrey 2019 Outlook

What’s amazing is how obvious it was they needed to utilize him more (in the passing game in particular) as the game wore on, yet they decided noodle arm Cam should be throwing ducks down the field. It was obvious Cam couldn’t get the ball where he needed to. I saw the stats that he threw FIFTEEN overthrown or underthrown balls last night. That’s so bad, even most power 5 QB’s don’t have games like that.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

He literally got 19 carries and 11 targets the week before

That's the crazy part.

I fully expect CMC to bounce back big next game.  The Bucs run defense and defense in general is very underrated and they really stifled CMC yesterday.

The Bucs' one defensive tackle, Vita Vea, is a load and was very disruptive all game long.

Edited by sjm76

Just now, poofinger said:

Drop city. 

Teams will mimic what the Bucs did and stifle CMac all year.  

lol.  Anyone who outright drops CMC is nuts.  Maybe try to trade him, yes, but anyone who drops him is an idiot.

2 minutes ago, poofinger said:

Drop city. 

Teams will mimic what the Bucs did and stifle CMac all year.  

Hopefully sarcastic otherwise you win the award for worst comment of the year.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

What’s amazing is how obvious it was they needed to utilize him more (in the passing game in particular) as the game wore on, yet they decided noodle arm Cam should be throwing ducks down the field. It was obvious Cam couldn’t get the ball where he needed to. I saw the stats that he threw FIFTEEN overthrown or underthrown balls last night. That’s so bad, even most power 5 QB’s don’t have games like that.

lol, Let me introduce you to early season Ben Roethlisberger

8 hours ago, Theoneupper said:

Lol this did not age well. 

No, no it surely did not. I’ll learn to shut my mouth one day. Just not today.

• Haha 1

Why isn't idiot Rivera utilizing him in the short passing game? Especially last night? The LT was getting obliterated on every play, I half don't blame Cam for all the overthrows. If TB was going to continually bring heat, send CMC on a short flat out left/right and let him make a play. It gets the ball in their best player's hands and takes pressure off Cam.

I think Ron Rivera is a fool 

5 minutes ago, KenboSlice925 said:

Why isn't idiot Rivera utilizing him in the short passing game? Especially last night? The LT was getting obliterated on every play, I half don't blame Cam for all the overthrows. If TB was going to continually bring heat, send CMC on a short flat out left/right and let him make a play. It gets the ball in their best player's hands and takes pressure off Cam.

I think Ron Rivera is a fool 

6'6" 280lb of muscle QB, 4th and like an inch. Lets run a wildcat to the sideline. Yeah, Rivera is an idiot. Just go up the middle idiot with your huge QB.

12 minutes ago, 2014olympicgold said:

6'6" 280lb of muscle QB, 4th and like an inch. Lets run a wildcat to the sideline. Yeah, Rivera is an idiot. Just go up the middle idiot with your huge QB.

Lol Cam ran one time the whole game (in which he fumbled), and Rivera thinks motioning him out is going to garner attention. Like what? Rivera is a fool. I saw that play not working right when Cam was sent in motion lol

4 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Lol Cam ran one time the whole game (in which he fumbled), and Rivera thinks motioning him out is going to garner attention. Like what? Rivera is a fool. I saw that play not working right when Cam was sent in motion lol

Isn't this a Norm problem, not a Rivera problem?

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

I'm in disbelief at his usage last night. It's just incredible how inept Ron Rivera is at using his greatest weapon on offense. Even Dallas and the Giants aren't this stupid. The offense flows through your best player.

He touched the ball 18 times. What are you talking about?

8 minutes ago, dsrich said:

He ran the ball 16 times. Obviously I'm not talking about his GD touches.

I guess one of those two team knew why they were getting rid of Mc Coy. Running against TB was hard, and cmc played 60% of his snaps in pass protection (if not more) because Carolina's OL was porous as f---. TB's defensive game plan was on point against CMC, as illustrated by the 4th & 1 late in the 4th quarter. I don't have the stats, but i think if you add all the plays were Carolina ran a 21/22 personnel, you end up with negative yardage.

Don’t own CMC this year but his usage last night was dumb. Seemed to play more to his weaknesses and not his strengths. Looked like a Mike McCoy game plan for David Johnson last year.

1 hour ago, griffin727 said:

Yeah I didn't get the downfield action all game... Cam was inaccurate from the start.  He missed CMC on some easy targets... One of them there were defenders in his face but CMC had a 8 yard radius of no one near him put some air on it and let him make a play.

Blame the Panther's play calling and game plan.  Any coach worth a damn will adjust based on the situation.  It was painfully obvious that Cam couldn't pass the ball within 5 yards of anyone on his own team last night.  And instead of adjusting by integrating more runs, screens or bootlegs, they kept calling plays that had Cam throwing the ball 20+ yards on every down.  It was amateur coaching hour all night for those clowns.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dsrich said:

1 minute ago, CowboysFan said:

Blame the Panther's play calling and game plan.  Any coach worth a damn will adjust based on the situation.  It was painfully obvious that Cam couldn't pass the ball within 5 yards of anyone on his own team last night.  And instead of adjusting by integrating more runs, screens or bootlegs, they kept calling plays that had Cam throwing the ball 20+ yards on every down.  It was amateur coaching hour all night for those clowns.

THIS! 👆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mortman212 said:

Hopefully sarcastic otherwise you win the award for worst comment of the year.

There’s an award for that?

How we feeling about Cam potentially being out? Obviously Cam has been terrible, but defenses still had to account for him as a threat, which always helps McCaffrey.

With Cam’s play, and backups potentially starting in the foreseeable future, feels like defenses can really employ a “stop McCaffrey at all costs” game plan this year and probably find some success. 

3 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

How we feeling about Cam potentially being out? Obviously Cam has been terrible, but defenses still had to account for him as a threat, which always helps McCaffrey.

With Cam’s play, and backups potentially starting in the foreseeable future, feels like defenses can really employ a “stop McCaffrey at all costs” game plan this year and probably find some success. 

There is no way any NFL QB could throw worse than he did on Thursday night, and he obviously was hobbled enough that he couldn't run anyway. You'd rather have a healthy Cam Newton, but this is where we are.

Off topic but kind of funny the top three picks (Barkley, Kamara, CMC) all will likely have different quarterbacks three weeks into the season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Meh Cam wasnt playing well anyway. We'll see. The backups might be more likely to check down than Cam was. He had CMC in the flat a few times Thrusday and decided to throw contested/erratic mid to deep balls