Rotoworld.com Forums

James Conner 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well I am glad that Hopkins is my WR3 I mean its a good thing I have Mclaurin and Fitzgerald as my WR1 and 2    

Conner a Rotoworlder confirmed.

The above is exactly how Conner owners should be selling high on him. 2019 is going to look a lot different than 2018 in Pittsburgh.  1. Esteemed  O-line coach is gone. 2. Esteeme RB coach i

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Born Sinner said:

Snell is the next man up.

There is nothing to suggest Snell is the 2nd running back.  Somehow this has perpetuated itself into fantasy circles, and I'm not sure who started it.

Snell is always 3rd on the depth chart behind Samuel.

Snell had 0 snaps week 1, compared to 22 by Samuel.

Snap counts aren't out for week 2, but Samuel was certainly seeing more action.

1 hour ago, ap0calypse said:

There is nothing to suggest Snell is the 2nd running back.  Somehow this has perpetuated itself into fantasy circles, and I'm not sure who started it.

Snell is always 3rd on the depth chart behind Samuel.

Snell had 0 snaps week 1, compared to 22 by Samuel.

Snap counts aren't out for week 2, but Samuel was certainly seeing more action.

Snap counts are not a good way to figure out who Conner's backup is. You want to look for RBs with a similar skillset and that is Snell. Samuel will get more touches but he can't handle the same load that Conner could. I predict about a 50/50 share between Snell and Samuel if Conner is out unless Snell becomes more productive.

16 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

Snap counts are not a good way to figure out who Conner's backup is. You want to look for RBs with a similar skillset and that is Snell. Samuel will get more touches but he can't handle the same load that Conner could. I predict about a 50/50 share between Snell and Samuel if Conner is out unless Snell becomes more productive.

Actually snap counts are important

21 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

Snap counts absolutely matter.  Samuels is bigger, much faster and catches balls (Snell does not).  Samuels was fully capable last year when Connor was out.  The only thing Snell has going for him is that he was a bellcow in the SEC, while Samuels played behind Hines at NC State but he was extremely efficient.  I'm not saying Snell won't have value, but based on all the information we have there is nothing pointing to him as "the guy" let alone the handcuff to own.

Edited by ap0calypse
7 minutes ago, Edgeraid said:

Conner's best runs came after Ben went out. Having Rudolph as the QB might not be the worst thing in the world. 

Either way, this offense looks terrible and I'm having early buyer's remorse on Conner. 

Same. I have Conner paired with JuJu in one league and, needless to say, I'm 0-2. I don't get why the Steelers look this bad on offense. They lost 1 player - that's it. Seahawks D isn't bad this year, and Patriots D has looked top 5 through 2 games (granted one is Miami, but they absolutely destroyed Miami). Maybe not too much of a worry? Only worry being Conner potentially being out for a bit?

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Same. I have Conner paired with JuJu in one league and, needless to say, I'm 0-2. I don't get why the Steelers look this bad on offense. They lost 1 player - that's it. Seahawks D isn't bad this year, and Patriots D has looked top 5 through 2 games (granted one is Miami, but they absolutely destroyed Miami). Maybe not too much of a worry? Only worry being Conner potentially being out for a bit?

I'd easily debate there's a lot of mental issues going on as well as Tomlin has worn his welcome out. Ben has been one foot out the door for a while, and while he won't admit it, throwing to AB all those years was hella fun. Now, AB found his way to their rival, who kicked the s--- out of them. And- bell has been a elite player for them and he basically got shown the door as well. I know he had a contract offer. So, a lot of this can be plagued as mental issues too. Juju is still young and needs the stability of his team to reach wr1 status. But, this entire offense is looking like bust candidates of the year.

The way this offense is looking, how could you feel comfortable starting Jaylen or Snell next week? Jaylen looked good at the end of last year, but it’s clear this is a different offense, one which can’t seem to stay on the field. Conner was completely bottled up two games in a row. Plenty of reason to think we see 18 attempts for 30 yards out of Jaylen even if he’s treated as the bellcow.

8 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

The way this offense is looking, how could you feel comfortable starting Jaylen or Snell next week? Jaylen looked good at the end of last year, but it’s clear this is a different offense, one which can’t seem to stay on the field. Conner was completely bottled up two games in a row. Plenty of reason to think we see 18 attempts for 30 yards out of Jaylen even if he’s treated as the bellcow.

My hope is they scale down the offense and use that offensive line for what it's worth much like the Indy Colts have done with Brissett. Rudolph actually looks like a decent QB and can do just enough to get his run game going. I like the way Samuels runs with the ball and he's very capable of having big games. The goal for the Steelers should be going towards a power football team and using plenty of play action. The days of 5 WR sets and shot gunning all over the place are over. Steelers have been running a KC style of offense and it's been hindering the run game much like the Chiefs lack of success. They just run to keep the defenses honest with the outside shot of a huge gash play. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56
3 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

I think it would be reasonable to think a lot of his value would be in the passing game. Low end RB2/flex radar I'm thinking.

4 minutes ago, atdharris said:

The larger concern is Pitt's offense in general, not so much Conner. No one is really performing as expected. You have to expect Samuels will be the back to own if Conner misses time. 

Samuels is the guy without question. Any Snell truthers who say other wise are just wish casting cause Snell is the only one available on the wire. 

• Like 1

Once this team goes conservative and uses FB Nix in the power I it's a good chance this run game gets going. They have the pieces but the OC just needs to conform. They have a play action deep threat in Washington and all around guy in JuJu. This offensive line is too good not to lean on. 

8 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Still strange that we’ve had absolutely no updates on the injury so far. The optimist in me wants to think that’s a good sign? That if it was something serious we would’ve heard more by now? I’m hopeful he doesn’t miss any time at all. 

I saw a doc speculate  hyperextended knee but otherwise no news. Big Ben injury taking the headlines.