Rotoworld.com Forums

James Conner 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

James Conner (knee) said that he's confident he'll suit up for the Steelers' Week 3 matchup against the 49ers.

Conner added that he's not dealing with any tears or anything significant with his knee. It's great news for the third-year RB, although it seems likely that he'll be entering Sunday's game at less than 100%. Conner is best approached as a low-end RB2 due to both heightened risk of re-aggravating the injury as well as the absence of Ben Roethlisberger (elbow, IR). It wouldn't be surprising to see backup RB Jaylen Samuels receive an enhanced workload while Conner is banged up.

Just saw this news of PFT, thank goodness! Albeit I wouldn’t be so confident in starting him banged up against my Niners. The defense has been explosive lately. 

Edited by Neptune
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well I am glad that Hopkins is my WR3 I mean its a good thing I have Mclaurin and Fitzgerald as my WR1 and 2    

Conner a Rotoworlder confirmed.

The above is exactly how Conner owners should be selling high on him. 2019 is going to look a lot different than 2018 in Pittsburgh.  1. Esteemed  O-line coach is gone. 2. Esteeme RB coach i

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Can't tell whose stock dropped more over the past 2 weeks, Mixon or Conner.

As an owner of both, it's damn near a tie. I'd say just because a higher pick was invested in Conner and we knew going in that Mixon would have weeks like this with that offense/O-line you'd have to say Conner. 

• Like 1

The trade for Fitzpatrick gives me hope. To me, it means this team wants to be competitive and try to win now. Hopefully the offense transitions to running the football more and relying on the defense. Still a great Oline and Rudolph at the very least should be able to keep the chains moving. 

32 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

The trade for Fitzpatrick gives me hope. To me, it means this team wants to be competitive and try to win now. Hopefully the offense transitions to running the football more and relying on the defense. Still a great Oline and Rudolph at the very least should be able to keep the chains moving. 

I don't know that you can read that into a "win now" move.  Fitzpatrick is on a cheap contract and is a top safety.  It's a good move for now and for the future. 

40 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

This is my (perhaps optimistic) thinking as well. They Steelers aren't a team that trades terribly often. Giving up their first rounder is out of the ordinary. Shore up the defense and establish a strong running game to help out the young QB.  It's how they started off with Ben anyway.

8 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

no big ben, no AB, no Bell

Pitt is in rebuild mode.

Jump ship.

They just traded a 1st round pick so i don't think they are in rebuild mode. Whether they should be, or not, is a separate question. 

My main concern with Conner, and the reason I didn't touch him in any leagues (including dozens of best ball leagues) is because he isn't that talented and was being taken as if he had Dalvin Cook type ability.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

They just traded a 1st round pick so i don't think they are in rebuild mode. Whether they should be, or not, is a separate question. 

My main concern with Conner, and the reason I didn't touch him in any leagues (including dozens of best ball leagues) is because he isn't that talented and was being taken as if he had Dalvin Cook type ability.

As long as he has the opportunity...i'll be content. If Pittsburgh decide to pull some rbbc bs i'll be very upset.

1 hour ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

If he’s healthy I still see him getting 15-20 touches. I’m just not sure how close to 100% he is even if he does play this week and if they’ll limit his workload because of that 

Yeah, tons of risk here.  Don't know if he's 100%, Big Ben's out, team is struggling, plus, and here's the big one...  Conner just might not be very good.  His PFF grades were low last season and his athletic profile was mediocre.  Eye test: he's got the Moves Like JAGger. 

In drafting Conner, you were buying situation more than the player.  And now the situation is looking very iffy.

You can't sell now because you won't get anything but if you get a good game out of him, I'd pull the ripcord.

• Haha 1

He was probably the most situation dependent pick in the draft (at least among your top 30-40 picks). He had 1500 and 13 in 13 games last year, which is phenomenal, but the reality is the guy's very ordinary. He hasn't had a play over 30 yards his entire career. And there are also durability issues. It's easy to see now but I think a further examination predraft would've revealed this. Ben's health, AB gone, bad D, questionable durability, not an elite talent. The signs were there. No option but for owners to hold and pray at this point, but if I had to guess I'd say he ends up the biggest bust of the top 15-20 picks. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Yeah, tons of risk here.  Don't know if he's 100%, Big Ben's out, team is struggling, plus, and here's the big one...  Conner just might not be very good.  His PFF grades were low last season and his athletic profile was mediocre.  Eye test: he's got the Moves Like JAGger. 

In drafting Conner, you were buying situation more than the player.  And now the situation is looking very iffy.

You can't sell now because you won't get anything but if you get a good game out of him, I'd pull the ripcord.

“Moves like JAGger” f--- I laughed way too hard at that. 

spacer.png

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

Ability doesn't matter nearly as much as opportunity. 

10 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

Please stop misinforming this board.

"The only running backs who joined Conner in the 50 broken tackles club during Weeks 1-13 were Saquon Barkley and Kareem Hunt, who just so happened to lead the NFL in broken tackles during the 2018 and 2017 seasons, respectively."

• Thanks 2
17 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

He’ll be fine. Just traded Carson for him that’s how confident I am in this guy. Offense will be better with Rudolph bc he isn’t afraid to sling downfield which will open up the run game 

I did the same. I'm all in on this guy again.