Rotoworld.com Forums

James Conner 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well I am glad that Hopkins is my WR3 I mean its a good thing I have Mclaurin and Fitzgerald as my WR1 and 2    

Conner a Rotoworlder confirmed.

The above is exactly how Conner owners should be selling high on him. 2019 is going to look a lot different than 2018 in Pittsburgh.  1. Esteemed  O-line coach is gone. 2. Esteeme RB coach i

Posted Images

A lot of players injured the previous week take Wednesday and often Thursday off as maintenance/rest days.  Conner taking Wednesday off is no big deal but if he misses Friday's practice then he likely won't play on Sunday.

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

Never have I seen such ignorant fearmongering on this board, lol. DNP? Who cares? Guys get days off when they're banged up all the time. Whether he practices Friday is what matters. 

Why would you need to fearmonger over a guy who can't get 3 YPC

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Very encouraging seeing Connor getting in some limited work today. I'm leaning towards he's playing this week. A ton more optimistic here over Williams and Mack at the moment. 

Problem is always he gets the start, then he plays 10 snaps etc.  A bit scary.  I know I for one would be happier if they kept him out a week, so that doesn't happen, or so the injury doesn't linger.

Edited by Tugginroot
  • Like 2

I can't remember ever thinking this in my lifetime before but it feels to me like this organization is just coming undone.  I feel like their recent trade for a DB and Conner putting on a brave face is like the Steelers trying to convince themselves it's not over. But it looks like it might be. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

I can't remember ever thinking this in my lifetime before but it feels to me like this organization is just coming undone.  I feel like their recent trade for a DB and Conner putting on a brave face is like the Steelers trying to convince themselves it's not over. But it looks like it might be. 

I agree. Their franchise qb is following the same career trajectory as Eli Manning. And they’ve kidded themselves into thinking they can replace All-Pro talent with lesser counterparts (Juju and Conner vs AB and Bell)

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

The injury never sounded serious. The one concern left here is this turns into somewhat of a timeshare. This weekend is going to be extremely important for Conner's value/outlook going forward. 

Agreed.  Samuels has gotten a lot of run, looked good, and Conner has yet to prove he can stay healthy.  As a Conner owner I'm quite worried this will turn into a timeshare as these aren't looking like your typical Steelers anymore.

• Like 1

Practiced in full again today and off the injury report! 

Hopefully he moves past this and gets things rolling. Between weeks 4-14 he'll face the bengals (2x), miami, chargers, cards, and the colts. All rank near the bottom half against the run. Browns 2x in there too who currently rank about mid-pack. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, atrium said:

This is a case example of the worst case scenario when you draft a guy with average talent in a good situation 

He’s Damian Williams except instead of the team signing a better RB the situation went to crap

• Like 2