joebaker23

James Conner 2019 Outlook

27 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

He’s Damian Williams except instead of the team signing a better RB the situation went to crap

but but but when he was making leveon look worthless everyone LOVED him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's going to be very interesting to see what happens with this guy now that Pittsburgh's season is over.

Just now, Athebaby7 said:

Well the good news is the Steelers showed 0 signs of getting any other RB involved besides Conner 😅

He was on the field almost the entire game, but I don’t know if that’ll continue into next week after his fumble that cost them the game. I noticed on the last drive after the fumble it was samuels in

• Thanks 1

I’m not sure his stock can be much lower so trading would not get me much probably. I think just wait And see if there is any indication of a timeshare. I think he has a plus match up next week. Worst case is I may bench him for Jacobs. But I think people are panicking a bit to sell now. 

• Like 1

I dont own him but I'm a Steelers fan and watch every game. He's average at best, that's the third fumble that cost a game. The Steelers look like crap and it's not getting any better (and the clowns traded away a top 5 pick).

There might be games when he has a decent output but he's a RB3 at best. It's a combination of bad coaching, bad QB, regressed OL, bad WR's and bad defense, so they'll have to play from behind. Good luck.

Edited by bennie905

2 minutes ago, bennie905 said:

I dont own him but I'm a Steelers fan and watch every game. He's average at best, that's the third fumble that cost a game. The Steelers look like crap and it's not getting any better (and the clowns traded away a top 5 pick).

It's not getting much better than this. There might be games when he has a decent output but he's a RB3 at best. It's a combination of bad coaching, bad QB, regressed OL, bad WR's and bad defense, so they'll have to play from behind. Good luck.

As a Steelers fan, would you be worried about a timeshare developing after that fumble by Conner that cost them the game? 

2 time owner and I'm very concerned.  I never considered him an elite talent.  More of a lunch pail kinda guy in a great situation.

For one, they don't seem to commit to running the ball.  I got news for ya, this team ain't winning by passing, especially after BB is gone.

For another, he looks terrible.  Like, I have no idea what to do with him bad.  How do you bench him?

But I am in a TD heavy scoring league and have Jeff Wilson, and had I played him, I'd be styling today.  

It's not going to be a good year.

Just now, TrueToTheBlue said:

As a Steelers fan, would you be worried about a timeshare developing after that fumble by Conner that cost them the game? 

fwiw he wasnt in after the fumble, it was samuels i think. I think they like him too much to bench him (because of his story, which for Tomlin might be more of a factor than actual football skills), but if it happens again they'll have to go to someone else

59 minutes ago, bennie905 said:

fwiw he wasnt in after the fumble, it was samuels i think. I think they like him too much to bench him (because of his story, which for Tomlin might be more of a factor than actual football skills), but if it happens again they'll have to go to someone else

But Samuels didn’t actually touch the ball. Conner is probably still the bellcow unless this becomes a habit, but I’m way more concerned with how bad this offense looks. There’s no way to rationalize this performance away as a bad matchup. It’s panic time.

This is an absolute nightmare. We knew he wasn't an elite talent, but his production last year was phenomenal. Very situation dependent though. This team is terrible, and it's exposing his mediocrity. No hope in sight either. He's was drafted as RB5-RB7 and we'll be lucky if he's ranked in the top 20 each week. 

This dude is looking like a monumental bust.

Average athletic talent who relied on his motor, drive and a super talented supporting cast to put up big #'s last year.

I was considering buying low on Conner prior to today but Jesus Tap Dancin' Christ this dude is just awful right now. It wouldn't surprise me to see Pitt turn it over to Samuels at RB next week in hopes of igniting some kind of spark on offense.

James won't finish within the top 25 backs and is going to be the biggest bust this year.Eventually I can see them giving Samuels and Snell more run.

8 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

Conner a Rotoworlder confirmed.

Those tweets from his angry owners getting to him lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It sucks to watch, especially since most of us here likely took Conner ahead of Cook. You couldn't have predicted the injury to Big Ben. On the bright side, Conner is playing almost every snap and is getting the large majority of carries. At some point, I think he will have a breakthrough. RB has been a tough position this year outside of Kamara, CMC, Elliott, Cook. Even players like Bell, DJ, Jones, etc are hit and miss. 

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Reading this thread maybe I will try trading Gurley for him. At least ya'll RB doesn't look like he is going to get carted off the field after every carry...

Can’t trade Gurley when he’s your RB2. Smh these scrubs need to drink mikes secret stuff