joebaker23

James Conner 2019 Outlook

But everyone says the ankle is no big deal! Looking rosy for Jaylen Samuels.

• Haha 1

Any chance Benny Snell gets 12-15 carries if Conner were to miss the game? Feels like he hasn't been talked about at all.

6 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Any chance Benny Snell gets 12-15 carries if Conner were to miss the game? Feels like he hasn't been talked about at all.

Im sure he gets some run. double digit carries seems high since he has barely been used this season. Course Samuels was barely used before last week. That being said, I’d have to be pretty desperate at RB to plug Snell in, or a very deep league.

20 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

That's because he's not going to get any work.

I view this more precautionary than anything else, I'd expect him to practice tomorrow. I think he's dealing with knee and ankle so he's pretty beat up. Still thinks he suits up Sunday but definitely doesn't bode well for his long-term value (assuming he even has any left). 

8 hours ago, Renegade412 said:

Did you guys really not see him come back after this injury the LAST game? He's obviously playing on Sunday.

Yeah no kidding. Dude came back in AFTER the injury and busted a multi tackle breaking run right up the gut.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Renegade412 said:

Did you guys really not see him come back after this injury the LAST game? He's obviously playing on Sunday.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Broncos OLB Bradley Chubb (knee) tore his ACL and is out for the year.
Chubb actually returned to Sunday's game with said ACL tear and played until the final whistle. Now 0-4 and having lost their best young player for the season, it's not a stretch to say the Broncos have hit rock-bottom. Chubb notched 12 sacks in his breakout rookie campaign and was on pace for career-high marks in tackles and quarterback hits before this speed bump. UDFA Malik Reed, who has one sack on the year, is the next man up for Denver.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Sep 30, 2019, 2:00 PM ET

I hope that Conner doesn't play for just this week.  I own him in a league where I also have Jaylen Samuels but I also play against him in 2 leagues.  Wouldn't mind plugging in Samuels for just this week and there shouldn't be too much of a dropoff, if at all.

Wonder who they draft next year to be the lead guy 🤔

He's practicing.  My guess is that he's fine.  Missing practice is alarming but....it's practice.  He knows the system and the plays.  Smarter for them to keep him out until Friday, even if it's mild.  The Friday practice is typically the walk through of the game plan so if he's doing this, it's pretty fair to assume he's going to play.  Just don't expect a lot.  They have a real good backup RB that they are not afraid to use liberally to avoid a setback.

I have a feeling this situation lingers all year, unless he gets seriously injured. He looked fine Sunday so that was encouraging, but I think we're gonna see a lot of him at 80%-90% with a lot of Samuels sprinkled in. 

• Like 1

How is this matchup vs the Ravens?  Their defense is tough to figure.  They absolutely crushed the weak MIA and ARI running games, but then they got gashed by the elite Nick Chubb and the elite KC offense.

Also, now that PIT has showed their gimmick offense last week against CIN, the Ravens can prepare for it.

1 hour ago, Nap Time said:

How is this matchup vs the Ravens?  Their defense is tough to figure.  They absolutely crushed the weak MIA and ARI running games, but then they got gashed by the elite Nick Chubb and the elite KC offense.

Also, now that PIT has showed their gimmick offense last week against CIN, the Ravens can prepare for it.

So I would look at it like this: they shut down 2 crappy teams and we’re exposed by 2 good teams. Clearly putting them in the middle of the pack and I would say PIT offense is closer to Miami than KC.
I would say High/middle RB2 but it’s probably hard to bench him in redraft leagues due to lack of options but if you have the ability to bench him this week and feel confident about the replacement I would have no issues doing it this week.

Edited by Ddam2013