joebaker23

James Conner 2019 Outlook

I think this is more beneficial than harmful, but I don’t think it’s as positive as people are making it sound. I think Samuels helped the overall offense. At least the wildcat helped this terrible offense move the chains and get Conner the ball with some space to operate. 

Volume is king in ff, but this team might seriously struggle to pick up first downs without Rudolph and Samuels. 

Edited by FinsUp24

This helps, but I still want to unload Conner as quickly as possible.  Defenses are going to be stacking the box forcing the 3rd string QB to beat them, and lets face it Conner wasn't doing great with Ben or Mason at QB.  I'm looking at this news as a reason to bump Conners trade value and abandon ship ASAP!

• Like 1

He has little trade value, at this point we've just gotta hope the defense can keep games close and get some short fields.

2 minutes ago, philnutz said:

He has little trade value, at this point we've just gotta hope the defense can keep games close and get some short fields.

Idk, I'm about to land Julio and Miles Sanders for Conner and Boyd

I'm curious if everyone would rank Conners ahead of or behind Ingram now, in light of the Samuel's injury news. 

42 minutes ago, philnutz said:

I don't really agree with this. I still think he has value and I'm actually looking to buy low. I just offered Freeman/Fitzgerald for Conner. 

1 minute ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I'm curious if everyone would rank Conners ahead of or behind Ingram now, in light of the Samuel's injury news. 

tough call ... Ingram is essentially the rb2 on his own team (Lamar), and cedes 30-40% of snaps to any combo of Bus/Hill. 

that being said, he has shown beastly chops in that offense, and has a higher ceiling than Conner as a result. 

i slightly lean Ingram, simply because i feel the RatBirds will be able to dictate favorable game scripts for him more than the Stillers can for Conner. 

While he's looked better recently, this is still a meh offense and he lacks the ability to create in tight spaces.  Tough runner, but I'd still rather have Ingram and/or Lindsey.  Also still is likely to miss a few games.  Sell high window is small.  Pounce.

1 hour ago, TommyKramer said:

Idk, I'm about to land Julio and Miles Sanders for Conner and Boyd

So you're getting a wr who is 3rd in pecking order on his terrible team, and a 2nd string rb who fumbles, and you're giving up a starting rb and the #1 pass option on his team. And you're talking to me about trade value?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

tough call ... Ingram is essentially the rb2 on his own team (Lamar), and cedes 30-40% of snaps to any combo of Bus/Hill. 

that being said, he has shown beastly chops in that offense, and has a higher ceiling than Conner as a result. 

i slightly lean Ingram, simply because i feel the RatBirds will be able to dictate favorable game scripts for him more than the Stillers can for Conner. 

I get that although I do think Ingram's value is a bit inflated right now. In another league I just offered Freeman / Fitzgerald for Conner. I just like Conner's upside more. He's been great in the passing game (even with Samuel) so I think that will continue and now he should be getting more touches. Yes, he'll be facing a stacked box most weeks, but I think Mixon's in the same boat and I like both him and Conner more than Freeman ROS. 

This is huge news. Likely bumps Conner about 10 spots in the RB rankings. With this offense looking terrible Samuels was gonna take a lot of work from Conner, and obviously most of the receptions. Now I don't expect Conner to basically ever leave the field.

On 10/8/2019 at 5:52 PM, BGDDYKWL said:

. Now I don't expect Conner to basically ever leave the field.

Except when he gets hurt which happens often 

12 minutes ago, affliction said:

How terrible he only got 30 PPR points before getting hurt. They were up big with a bye week coming up why would they have put him back out there? He seemed just fine dancing on the sideline and in the postgame interview.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, affliction said:

He took some vicious shots that any RB would've been effected. Take your 30 points and be happy about it

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, atrium said:

He took some vicious shots that any RB would've been effected. Take your 30 points and be happy about it

Oh I am just worried as this is a long season 

Did not see the game. Was he hurt badly or was he taken out more of precaution as the Steelers were well in control?

4 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

Did not see the game. Was he hurt badly or was he taken out more of precaution as the Steelers were well in control?

He got banged up twice first was ribs second hit was to the legs and looked bad but they showed him at the end of the game and he looked fine 

Snell thrived in "kill the clock" mode at Kentucky. They might use him quite a bit to do the dirty work in games they're up big (they play Miami after the bye). 

Connor probably has a thigh bruise. He got nailed by a safety in his upper leg on his last touch of the game. I doubt it's anything remotely serious, and there's a bye week coming up anyway. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, affliction said:

Fair point. I actually think he would've played if they weren't in clock killing mode for so long. He should be 100% after the bye and gets Miami. That'll be the first week his projection will match his ADP. 

Hopefully the people that said Conner isn’t talented were watching tonight. Constantly shedding tacklers and making people miss. He doesn’t have that athleticism that pops off the screen at you, but he’s a talented RB that has wiggle and picks up tough yards. Schedule looks gorgeous after the bye. First time all season I’ve felt happy having him on my team.  This team is beginning to develop a physical identity, and Conner’s play really sets the tone. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1