joebaker23

James Conner 2019 Outlook

Connor is just solid as a rock. He really excels at breaking tackles. I notice a lot of people consider or actually bench for trendy options like malcom brown. I thought about it, but glad i didn't. What a boss! Heal up JC30.

By the way, Miami is next on the schedule if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by austin316

14 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

Hopefully the people that said Conner isn’t talented were watching tonight. Constantly shedding tacklers and making people miss. He doesn’t have that athleticism that pops off the screen at you, but he’s a talented RB that has wiggle and picks up tough yards. Schedule looks gorgeous after the bye. First time all season I’ve felt happy having him on my team.  This team is beginning to develop a physical identity, and Conner’s play really sets the tone. 

They didn't do all the gimmicky nonsense which helped a lot. Their D looking good also bodes well for Conner ROS. The biggest uptick, and it's a real big one, is Samuels being out. 

Tomlin spoke today and mentioned a bunch of hurt players but didn’t mention Conner at all, should I view that as a good thing or bad thing? I’m thinking good but I’m not really sure.

7 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

Tomlin spoke today and mentioned a bunch of hurt players but didn’t mention Conner at all, should I view that as a good thing or bad thing? I’m thinking good but I’m not really sure.

I'm not worried about him not playing. Just came off of a bye and there was never a hint that he had a serious injury. He's probably A-OK

19 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

not really sure how that could be construed as a bad thing. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

not really sure how that could be construed as a bad thing. 

He was giving injury updates and just skipped Conner seemed weird, I thought he was sitting out of last weeks game due to score and precaution over him actually being injured but just wanted to make sure though.

To reference the line from The Program (underrated movie), he was hurt at the end of the game last week, not injured. He didn't come back in the game cause he was dinged up and it was garbage time. 

Never thought I'd say this but he's a legit RB1 this week. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Like 2

The facts that he said he “expects” to play is mildly discouraging. Kinda thought he would be certain to play after the bye. 

Who knows if he even worded it that way?

Reporter: Hi James. How are you feeling, do you think you'll be ready to play this weekend?

James: Sheeeeeeeeeeet yeah.

Reporter(typing): James Conner expects to play this weekend...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

The facts that he said he “expects” to play is mildly discouraging. Kinda thought he would be certain to play after the bye. 

The game is multiple practice days away.

Nothing is certain.

assuming health, where are we expecting him to finish form this point on? 14-16ish?

I haven't paid attention to the Steelers much after Ben went down. I know Samuels being out makes Conner more or less a bell-cow, but does that mean much with mason rudolph as the QB?

wondering if I should buy him from a desperate owner. 

51 minutes ago, theantishere said:

assuming health, where are we expecting him to finish form this point on? 14-16ish?

I haven't paid attention to the Steelers much after Ben went down. I know Samuels being out makes Conner more or less a bell-cow, but does that mean much with mason rudolph as the QB?

I would say that’s about right, potentially a bit higher because his schedule gets pretty soft. There’ll be a few 7 pointers mixed in but in games where it’s close he’ll get 20+ point games easily (especially PPR).

Pittsburgh do not look good, but their defense is decent and should hold up against the generally weak schedule they have for the rest of the year to keep games close enough for Conner to get the ball.

His health is the only potential concern for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theantishere said:

That's probably a decent estimate. He should go for 20+ this week, but his body can't hold up and Samuels really eats into his production so his weekly average is likely gonna steadily decline after this week. I wouldn't give up a ton. 

• Like 1

did conner practice today? if so im dumping snell for deandre washington

Edited by boredster

2 minutes ago, boredster said:

did conner practice today? if so im dumping snell for washington

haven't seen anything yet ... we heard about Nix & JuJu, but nuffin' on JC? 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, BurgundyBooger said:

DeAndré Washington?

Just now, cnewbykkn said:

George*

Freddie "Boom Boom"?

🏀🏀🏀

Lookin like Samuels will probably return this week. A couple more weeks of complete workhorse Conner would’ve been nice 

• Like 2