joebaker23

James Conner 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, Nguvocity said:

AC sprain for a running back means at least 3 weeks IMO

what? Jacobs has been playing with it and Conner apparently had the same injury in 2017 and only missed a few days

Not sure how severe Jacobs was but Conners back in 2017 was in preseason.

He looks to be in severe pain. I remember Randall Cobb having a similar injury but had 3 weeks to recover. 

It's devastating no matter how you slice it. His value is in his volume. That is done now whether it's a broken clavicle, 2-4 weeks with an AC issue, or if he gets shot up and plays next week. He's injury prone when healthy. They'll be extra careful now meaning it'll be a split with Samuels. 

I know Snell was hurt but why you have your severely injury prone star RB out there in garbage time is inexcusable. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Chao is predicting zero missed games

He's usually very good with this stuff but if that's his educated guess I'm afraid he's wrong on this one. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He's usually very good with this stuff but if that's his educated guess I'm afraid he's wrong on this one. 

He's basing things on videos... Was incorrect on Kerryon when it happened for the Lions.

Conner owners need to be prepared for the worst case scenario. Don't be caught off guard.

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

It's devastating no matter how you slice it. His value is in his volume. That is done now whether it's a broken clavicle, 2-4 weeks with an AC issue, or if he gets shot up and plays next week. He's injury prone when healthy. They'll be extra careful now meaning it'll be a split with Samuels. 

I know Snell was hurt but why you have your severely injury prone star RB out there in garbage time is inexcusable. 

That's a little bit of an overreaction there. If he's healthy enough to play, there's no reason he shouldn't continue to see 15-17+ touches a game. He already battle an ankle injury and they threw 17 touches at him the next game. He's a JAG, on a very JAG team. There's no reason for them to be extra cautious with him. You're not preserving Barry Sanders here. He's a use and abuse JAG who's not the future of this franchise. The only reason he should lose touches is if he's too hurt to take the field or someone is just flat out better than him. The latter being unlikely with their core of RBs.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Nickmo said:

That's a little bit of an overreaction there. If he's healthy enough to play, there's no reason he shouldn't continue to see 15-17+ touches a game. He already battle an ankle injury and they threw 17 touches at him the next game. He's a JAG, on a very JAG team. There's no reason for them to be extra cautious with him. You're not preserving Barry Sanders here. He's a use and abuse JAG who's not the future of this franchise. The only reason he should lose touches is if he's too hurt to take the field or someone is just flat out better than him. The latter being unlikely with their core of RBs.

Wtf?

8 minutes ago, Nickmo said:

- Signed a former disgruntled Bell owner

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Nickmo said:

What lol they didn’t sign Le’Veon for a reason. Conner is absolutely the franchise/ future back 

32 minutes ago, Nickmo said:

You called the Steelers a "very JAG team"? You called the bellcow RB of the Steelers a JAG? You are misinformed and uneducated on the word JAG or you are just delusional about the NFL.

• Like 1

*Art Rooney II has entered the chat*

2 hours ago, Nickmo said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ginocan said:

You called the Steelers a "very JAG team"? You called the bellcow RB of the Steelers a JAG? You are misinformed and uneducated on the word JAG or you are just delusional about the NFL.

My apologies. I didn't realize a team with a 3-4 record that's offense is in the bottom half of points per game and who's one of 6 teams to average under 300yds per game isn't a JAG team.

I also didn't realize a RB with a 4.65 40 time who's averaging 3.9 yards a carry and has a career long play of 30 yards isn't a JAG. A physical RB without breakaway speed who's proving to be injury prone? Definitely the RB of the Steelers future. 

The Steelers didn't let Bell walk because of Conner, they let him walk because he wanted a ridiculous amount of money to pay a RB and they were smart enough to know no RB is worth a monster payout. I commend them 100% on that decision. Problem with that mixed with them parting with AB, they gave up the realistic chance of being a true contender. If you want to keep living in fantasy land thinking these are still the glory days, more power to ya. We'll reflect on these posts at the end of the season. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Damn I can't even enjoy a nice performance without worrying about this guy's health. 

2 hours ago, Nickmo said:

My apologies. I didn't realize a team with a 3-4 record that's offense is in the bottom half of points per game and who's one of 6 teams to average under 300yds per game isn't a JAG team.

I also didn't realize a RB with a 4.65 40 time who's averaging 3.9 yards a carry and has a career long play of 30 yards isn't a JAG. A physical RB without breakaway speed who's proving to be injury prone? Definitely the RB of the Steelers future. 

The Steelers didn't let Bell walk because of Conner, they let him walk because he wanted a ridiculous amount of money to pay a RB and they were smart enough to know no RB is worth a monster payout. I commend them 100% on that decision. Problem with that mixed with them parting with AB, they gave up the realistic chance of being a true contender. If you want to keep living in fantasy land thinking these are still the glory days, more power to ya. We'll reflect on these posts at the end of the season. 

We have a box score watcher here, ladies and gentlemen! Buckle up! We're in for a long troll!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, babyfaceassasin said:

What lol they didn’t sign Le’Veon for a reason. Conner is absolutely the franchise/ future back 

Yeah the reason they didn’t sign Le’Veon is because they believe the RB position is easily replaceable. There is no future of the franchise at this position, it’s next man up. I came *this* close to dropping Samuels for a kicker on bye prior to MNF. Now he immediately leaps into the RB2 tier.

Honestly the worst case scenario for Conner/Samuels owners is the possibility of a timeshare if Conner only misses 3 weeks. If it is a broken clavicle then we know who’s getting all the touches.

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

We have a box score watcher here, ladies and gentlemen! Buckle up! We're in for a long troll!

So what, in your mind, is good about the pitt this year?

Their stud qb?

Jujus 1 good game?

Tho whole team is just another guy to the max.

Fun fact,  in fantasy box scores are all that matters. Or are you one of those dudes holdig oj howard cause of the intangibles that dont actuall translate to points?

The teams a hot mess.

Who cares, take the pissing match to DM and keep the thread for Conner news. He seems like a great dude so I hope he’s not dunzo but as a Samuels owner with bye issues I wouldn’t mind him resting that shoulder a week or two.

He has been looking good as of late but he is really turning into "injury-prone" label territory.  Always something up with this guy...