joebaker23

James Conner 2019 Outlook

44 minutes ago, itslarry said:

So what, in your mind, is good about the pitt this year?

Their stud qb?

Jujus 1 good game?

Tho whole team is just another guy to the max.

Fun fact,  in fantasy box scores are all that matters. Or are you one of those dudes holdig oj howard cause of the intangibles that dont actuall translate to points?

The teams a hot mess.

I don't care at all about Pitt. I care about Conner hence this being the Conner thread. 

He has looked nothing like a JAG. You forget the numbers and how good he looked last year I guess? Putting up better numbers than Bell in the same offense? Is Bell a JAG, too?

Conner has looked every bit the part, both rushing and catching. He is in no way a JAG. 

• Like 1

Just now, oliminator123 said:

I don't care at all about Pitt. I care about Conner hence this being the Conner thread. 

He has looked nothing like a JAG. You forget the numbers and how good he looked last year I guess? Putting up better numbers than Bell in the same offense? Is Bell a JAG, too?

Conner has looked every bit the part, both rushing and catching. He is in no way a JAG. 

Yes. People have s--- on him this year, but he's dealing with a backup QB with no experience and the loss of one of the league's best receivers. He's still putting up RB1/RB2 numbers week in and week out. Considering how many busts there can be, you can't be too unhappy with his performance. His biggest risk is his durability. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FritzLn said:

No chance. Fantasy is big business. 

“Pick up Samuels!” will be plastered everywhere today

IMHO the Steelers offense looks like cr@p and Conner is the only asset worth having.  I'll let my opponents pick up Samuels and hope they start him against me.  If he blows up and I lose because of it then I guess it was fate but I doubt that will happen.  If Samuels and his 2.8 YPC and 6.4 YPR are the correct "how do I win" answer for my opponent then my team sucked anyway. 

9 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

Chao is predicting zero missed games

Fully prepped for IR in that case

• Haha 1

I have a bad feeling about this injury...

When you can lip read the trainer saying...
"Clavicle, needs an X-ray" with the clock winding down, that is the opposite of encouraging..

Shame. Bad coaching on both sides last night.

This guy has really turned it around but damn do I hate having him. Just expecting an injury every week at this point. And I was dumb enough to hold Snell over Samuels. 

This guy isn't worth it because you basically have to roster 3 RBs from one bad offense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FritzLn said:

only if connor is out for the year

18 minutes ago, austin316 said:

"Clavicle, needs an X-ray" with the clock winding down, that is the opposite of encouraging..

The trainer was just basing it off of initial assessment. Nothing is certain until he has an x-ray. 

43 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Sigh.. haven’t we as James Conner owners been through enough already? It’s a new concern every week. 

Well to be fair, James Conner has been through a bit more...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Iron-cock said:

Well to be fair, James Conner has been through a bit more...

exactly. 

44 minutes ago, SHADY29 said:

Sigh.. haven’t we as James Conner owners been through enough already? It’s a new concern every week

#firstworldmagickfoosballproblems

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FritzLn said:

Yeah at this point in the season with a lot of teams struggling at RB per usual if Samuels is available and Conner is out for any significant time he will go for damn near 100% of budgets. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, austin316 said:

This was the initial reaction, but there is no indication anything was broken. Tomlin said in post game presser it was a strained AC joint. I'm sure they did an x-ray last night and we would know now if anything was seriously damaged. 

On another note, yes, it is annoying that Conner was out there when the game was essentially over. I know Snell was hurt as well, but didn't PIT have a fullback they could hand it off to to kill time? 

This dude is far from a JAG...he’s averaging 3.9 ypc behind a not good backup QB on a team with a not good passing attack that has played some damn good run defenses this season.

Lucky for me, I’ve been sitting on Samuels and Snell in anticipation of this

Edited by BrokeLoser

14 minutes ago, atdharris said:

This was the initial reaction, but there is no indication anything was broken. Tomlin said in post game presser it was a strained AC joint. I'm sure they did an x-ray last night and we would know now if anything was seriously damaged. 

On another note, yes, it is annoying that Conner was out there when the game was essentially over. I know Snell was hurt as well, but didn't PIT have a fullback they could hand it off to to kill time? 

It's already been confirmed this morning as a sprain to the AC joint. This diagnosis this morning obviously is coming from the X Ray taken from last night. If anything was broken Schefter and Rappaport would have reported it as such. Connor may not even miss a game here much like Dr Chao reported last night. Connor owners dodged yet another bullet here. Connor is like a cat with 9 lives apparently when it comes to injuries. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56

Just now, bigbluecrew56 said:

It's already been confirmed this morning as a sprain to the AC joint. This diagnosis this morning obviously is coming from the X Ray taken from last night. If anything was broken Schefter and Rappaport would have reported it as such. Connor may not even miss a game here much like Dr Chao reported last night. Connor owners dodged yet another bullet here. Connor is like a cat with 9 lives apparently when it comes to injuries. 

Right. There's no reason to "speculate" that he broke anything anymore. I know what it looked like last night, but if it's just an AC joint sprain, he may play this week. Tomlin would not announce that if that were not the diagnosis based off the x-ray. The shoulder sleeve was likely just a precautionary move to keep things stable. 

A broken clavicle is something that an xray will reveal immediately.  If it was broken, then word should have already gotten out.  So maybe no news is good news?  Heck, JJ Watt's injury was immediately diagnosed and revealed the same day.  A broken clavicle should be more obvious.

5 minutes ago, nbay23 said:

A broken clavicle is something that an xray will reveal immediately.  If it was broken, then word should have already gotten out.  So maybe no news is good news?  Heck, JJ Watt's injury was immediately diagnosed and revealed the same day.  A broken clavicle should be more obvious.

I'm sure the AC joint diagnosis is based off a negative x-ray. If news has not been revealed that he broke something, he didn't break anything. 

I love all the arm chair doctors in here guaranteeing a multi game absence last night

Wow, so it turns out a bunch of mofos lip reading the word "clavicle" on the television turned out to be nothing? Colour me surprised.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Wow, so it turns out a bunch of mofos lip reading the word "clavicle" on the television turned out to be nothing? Colour me surprised.

Technically it was a clavicle injury. The AC joint is the point of the clavicle that meets the shoulder. The problem was the Samuels vultures wish casting broken clavicle.

Edited by bigbluecrew56