joebaker23

James Conner 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Wow, so it turns out a bunch of mofos lip reading the word "clavicle" on the television turned out to be nothing? Colour me surprised.

 

Definitely NOT nothing. Carry on...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Wow, so it turns out a bunch of mofos lip reading the word "clavicle" on the television turned out to be nothing? Colour me surprised.

 

I mean....he did say clavicle, that's obvious, and it was the team's trainer, sooooo......not sure what your point is. They did an X-Ray to make sure his clavicle wasn't broken. Just because it isn't doesn't really give you a reason to be pompous about it, but whatever. 

Edited by kball09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kball09 said:

 

I mean....he did say clavicle, that's obvious, and it was the team's trainer, sooooo......not sure what your point is. They did an X-Ray to make sure his clavicle wasn't broken. Just because it isn't doesn't really give you a reason to be pompous about it, but whatever. 

 

It is absolutely insane to extrapolate anything about a complicated injury based off apparently lip reading a guy on television say one word, but whatever.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LongBalls said:

 

It is absolutely insane to extrapolate anything about a complicated injury based off apparently lip reading a guy on television say one word, but whatever.

 

Complicated as in "broke" or "not broke"? Trainer felt his shoulder, asked James some questions, made a wary face and mouthed the word clavicle twice. Not like people went out and dropped Conner, they just saw that as a bad sign. If the Xray came up positive I'm assuming you would have kept your mouth shut. So congrats I guess?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kball09 said:

 

Complicated as in "broke" or "not broke"? Trainer felt his shoulder, asked James some questions, made a wary face and mouthed the word clavicle twice. Not like people went out and dropped Conner, they just saw that as a bad sign. If the Xray came up positive I'm assuming you would have kept your mouth shut. So congrats I guess?

Apparently the trainer needs a new job if some quack Twitter doctor can read an injury via television better than a guy on the field with the player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Apparently the trainer needs a new job if some quack Twitter doctor can read an injury via television better than a guy on the field with the player. 

 

Yeah, they need one of those trainers that has X-ray vision and can see if a bone has been cracked. Good call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr_Baller said:

Any REAL news?

 

Looks like a sprain and Conner will likely not practice until Thursday at the earliest and may miss a game. Am I a doctor, hell no, but that seems like a safe estimate.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LongBalls said:

Wow, so it turns out a bunch of mofos lip reading the word "clavicle" on the television turned out to be nothing? Colour me surprised.

We didn't exactly get word today that he's fine and suiting up this weekend. As a matter of fact I don't believe we've gotten any definitive answers. The absence of news =/= he's fine. He could still easily miss time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I don't even think the results are back, are they? Thinking he will be reading for this week is a huge stretch. 

I thought x rays were immediate mri took time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I don't even think the results are back, are they? Thinking he will be reading for this week is a huge stretch. 

 

I doubt Tomlin would comment on the injury if they had not received any x-ray results back. I'm sure they knew last night if anything was broken. We'd know today if it were something major like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AC Joint injuries are extremely painful depending on severity and can be a multi week absence. 

3 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

AC Joint injury is not that serious he will miss a game max IMO. Samuels will most likely be a one week rental. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

We didn't exactly get word today that he's fine and suiting up this weekend. As a matter of fact I don't believe we've gotten any definitive answers. The absence of news =/= he's fine. He could still easily miss time. 

 

He seems to pick up a new injury every time he suits up. He has yet to be a true game-time decision as the tea leaves have always pointed to him playing, but Tomlin has never exactly promised he'll play after any of his previous games.

I do agree with the idea that if it were something serious, including a 2-3 week absence, we'd know about it by now.

Edited by eg4190

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

He seems to pick up a new injury every time he suits up. He has yet to be a true game-time decision as the tea leaves have always pointed to him playing, but Tomlin has never exactly promised he'll play after any of his previous games.

I do agree with the idea that if it were something serious, including a 2-3 week absence, we'd know about it by now.

Wasn't there a bit of a delay with the Kerryon news before it came crashing down? I could be thinking of someone else. Either way, your first comment is possibly the larger concern here. I mean realistically what are the odds he plays every game ROS? I think you'd have to say fairly slim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conner shouldn’t have even been on the field when they were up 13 with 2:45 left in the game. When I saw him out there I was like why the hell is he in the game and then boom, he’s hurt. Conner has been dealing with little injuries here and there so I thought they should have been a little more cautious when Edmunds could have carried the rock. 
 

I’ve read that AC joint injuries are more of a pain tolerance issue. Depending on the severity he may beable to play through it. The downside is he could take a hit in the first quarter if he plays next week and be out the rest of the game. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t worry guys if it’s minor there will be another injury scare as soon as he plays again 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Chao was wrong about Kerryon. This looked like your classic broken clavicle. And the team doc literally said the word. AND we still have no idea how long he'll be out. Chao said he'd miss no time, I said I think he will. So maybe wait til I'm wrong before you start being a pompous idiot. 

Does the absence of news automatically equate to good news? Fairly simple question. A 4-year old could get it right, we'll see how you fare. 

 

If he broke his clavicle, there would be news he broke his clavicle. It doesn't take 24 hours to read an x-ray, and Tomlin would not go in front of the media and call it an AC joint sprain if they did not have x-ray results. Just because someone said "clavicle" on the sideline right after the injury happened doesn't mean it is a broken clavicle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, atdharris said:

 

If he broke his clavicle, there would be news he broke his clavicle. It doesn't take 24 hours to read an x-ray, and Tomlin would not go in front of the media and call it an AC joint sprain if they did not have x-ray results. Just because someone said "clavicle" on the sideline right after the injury happened doesn't mean it is a broken clavicle. 

I think him not having a broken clavicle is a reasonable assumption at this point. My contention was simply with Chao's estimate that Conner would miss no time. We have an extremely injury prone player on a short week. I think it's safe to say he's unstartable this week, and for fantasy, that's all we really care about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...