joebaker23

James Conner 2019 Outlook

FWIW, the famed Dr. Chao earlier said he expects Connor to play this Sunday. Sounds like the player thinks he himself will too. Maybe don’t shoot the FAAB load on Samuels just yet and hold off.

4 hours ago, pdizzle710 said:

He sounds less optimistic himself then when he was banged up earlier in the year. I’d say he’s 50/50 to play this week

Just now, TrueToTheBlue said:

He sounds less optimistic himself then when he was banged up earlier in the year. I’d say he’s 50/50 to play this week

It's not even a direct quote. How do you know? 

If you own Conner you should own Samuels anyway. This formula (owning the Steelers' #1 + #2 backs) has worked for a long many years.

5 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I think him not having a broken clavicle is a reasonable assumption at this point. My contention was simply with Chao's estimate that Conner would miss no time. We have an extremely injury prone player on a short week. I think it's safe to say he's unstartable this week, and for fantasy, that's all we really care about. 

Lmao. Right, he's injury prone, he gets hurt every other week and he's missed a whopping 0 games this season.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Lmao. Right, he's injury prone, he gets hurt every other week and he's missed a whopping 0 games this season.

If you had to lock your lineup tonight for the week would you start him? Of course not. He's been a starter for a year and a half, has left two games early this year due to injury, at least one last year, and has missed 3 games in a year and a half as the starter, and he's injured now. He's injury prone, plain and simple. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

“It will probably be a game-time decision, but I have to be honest with myself,” Conner said. “And if for any reason I wasn’t out there, it would hurt, but I know I would be able to be all right knowing that it would be the best for the team.”

“Well, with these injuries, it’s going to linger for a little while, that’s to be expected,” Conner said. “So, it’s just kind of something that I just have to play through. If I can do my range of motion, get a little bit of strength back, you know I’m going to tough it out and be available for the team. Got to make the best decision, but, yeah, it’s a good sprain on it.

“Just got to take it day-by-day and see how I’m feeling. Hopefully every day we get just a little bit better and if I feel I can go, no question I’m going to go. But if not, I’m going to do what’s best for the team and have somebody that’s healthy out there and able to perform.”

• Like 1

I've never seen people so upset to own the RB9 in 0.5ppr. You could have drafted Bell, Gurley or Mixon instead...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

I've never seen people so upset to own the RB9 in 0.5ppr. You could have drafted Bell, Gurley or Mixon instead...

Ya I'm happy.

I, as well as most people, are wondering if I should have taken Chubb, Cook or Fournette - but overall pretty happy considering Big Ben going down and still having this type of production/scoring.

Sounds like he should be OK for Sunday, but I'm actually kinda worried he does play, but splits more 50/50 w/ Samuels, making them both a little less desirable than if either had a 80%'ish workload.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NolanRyan said:

Ya I'm happy.

I, as well as most people, are wondering if I should have taken Chubb, Cook or Fournette - but overall pretty happy considering Big Ben going down and still having this type of production/scoring.

Sounds like he should be OK for Sunday, but I'm actually kinda worried he does play, but splits more 50/50 w/ Samuels, making them both a little less desirable than if either had a 80%'ish workload.

now that you mention it...I could’ve had Michael Thomas and Dalvin cook instead of Conner and Juju...I’m going to sleep early now..goodnight

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

Missed a ton of snaps this year and last year.  Continually gets banged up.  Injury prone may be strong but people here absolutely have right to have reservations about his status going forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eg4190 said:

Completely fair point, but as mentioned, also could've easily had Cook, Fournette, Chubb, etc. And to be honest I'd rather Bell right now than Conner cause there's no timeshare risk and he's healthier. So while yes having the RB9 certainly isn't Mixon level bad, it's disappointing given both his ADP and the current injury. 

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

If you had to lock your lineup tonight for the week would you start him? Of course not. He's been a starter for a year and a half, has left two games early this year due to injury, at least one last year, and has missed 3 games in a year and a half as the starter, and he's injured now. He's injury prone, plain and simple. 

He's a running back in the NFL. This is why the average length of career for that position is 3 years. This is why Bell wanted to get that money while he could. There's only 1 or 2 RB 1's (guys who get a large number of touches per game) in the entire league that haven't missed at least a couple games and/or been banged up for numerous games over the last few seasons. He's not injury prone, he just gets the crap beat out of him every game he plays in because of his position and his body pays the price. 

14 minutes ago, Chippa said:

The lack of real news about this injury is making me suspicious 

Exactly, the last time Conner was dinged up... It was brushed off as "minor" almost immediately.

Might still be the case, but caution is warranted.

2 hours ago, wendellrott said:

“It will probably be a game-time decision, but I have to be honest with myself,” Conner said. “And if for any reason I wasn’t out there, it would hurt, but I know I would be able to be all right knowing that it would be the best for the team.”

“Well, with these injuries, it’s going to linger for a little while, that’s to be expected,” Conner said. “So, it’s just kind of something that I just have to play through. If I can do my range of motion, get a little bit of strength back, you know I’m going to tough it out and be available for the team. Got to make the best decision, but, yeah, it’s a good sprain on it.

“Just got to take it day-by-day and see how I’m feeling. Hopefully every day we get just a little bit better and if I feel I can go, no question I’m going to go. But if not, I’m going to do what’s best for the team and have somebody that’s healthy out there and able to perform.”

where is this from?

5 hours ago, yossarian said:

He's a running back in the NFL. This is why the average length of career for that position is 3 years. This is why Bell wanted to get that money while he could. There's only 1 or 2 RB 1's (guys who get a large number of touches per game) in the entire league that haven't missed at least a couple games and/or been banged up for numerous games over the last few seasons. He's not injury prone, he just gets the crap beat out of him every game he plays in because of his position and his body pays the price. 

I've owned him the last two years. He is ALWAYS banged up. Yes he hasn't missed a ton of time, but in a year and a half the guy's left 3 games early, completely missed three games, and missed plenty of snaps cause he got banged up during the game. He's injury prone. If we could find every time and every ailment that's been on the injury report for him the last year and a half we'd have quite the list. 

5 hours ago, Chippa said:

The lack of real news about this injury is making me suspicious 

5 hours ago, Szer0 said:

Exactly, the last time Conner was dinged up... It was brushed off as "minor" almost immediately.

Might still be the case, but caution is warranted.

I do agree, and I think the main reason is because he's more than dinged up. The initial feel was pretty major injury, possible multi-week absence, then Tomlin says he'll be limited in practice this week. Just doesn't mesh. Personally I don't think there's a chance in hell he practices this week, nor plays on Sunday. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Thanks 1

Stillers sign ps RB ... 

so, as some of you were all saying about this being "nothing"?  how we feelin' now?

🤔

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Stillers sign ps RB ... 

so, as some of you were all saying about this being "nothing"?  how we feelin' now?

🤔

Snell is banged up too so this could be insurance for either player.

Just now, SkinThatSmokeWagon said:

Snell is banged up too so this could be insurance for either player.

of course. 

i'm sure Conner is a-ok after calling himself a GTD. 

cool.