joebaker23

James Conner 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, TheAuthorityHere said:

This guy went from limited on wednesday to dnp the last two days for whatever that's worth.

it's quite possible Teflon Tomlin just decided to shut him down, what with the quick turn around for Cleveland on Thursday ...

... but, then again, that's giving that buffoon credit for some actual brains/rationale - so, yeah, scrap that 🤣

26 minutes ago, TheAuthorityHere said:

This guy went from limited on wednesday to dnp the last two days for whatever that's worth.

The limited Wed is what didn't fit. All signs pointed to him being out. My guess is he didn't "really" do anything Wed. With the short week I'd expect him to return week 12. That'd just be smart. 

As a Conner and Samuels owner this is the best case scenario. We want Conner at 100% down the stretch heading into playoffs. I don't want them to rush him back too early and have him re-injure himself and be out even longer.  Conner being out this Sunday is good news. Fully expect him there on Thursday against the Charlie Browns

Edited by Nappyroots
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Buy window is pretty open right now imo. Absolute cake schedule ROS and with no set timetable for return I think you can get away with 75 cents on the dollar for a guy who can carry you to a championship. Pitch the uncertainty and Samuels possibly stealing passing down work (won't actually happen).

29 minutes ago, Vanquish2073 said:

Buy window is pretty open right now imo. Absolute cake schedule ROS and with no set timetable for return I think you can get away with 75 cents on the dollar for a guy who can carry you to a championship. Pitch the uncertainty and Samuels possibly stealing passing down work (won't actually happen).

Last time both players were healthy Samuels took nearly half the snaps but yes it won’t happen. 

• Haha 2

Just traded for him. I personally dont expect him back on a short week on thursday against cleveland. He returns week 12. 

Well, thats is Tomlin is smart and wants to keep conner healthy and safe

On 11/7/2019 at 3:06 PM, owenmills said:

Let's wait until he at least gets in a limited practice this week before saying he should play

He is playing might outscore Samuels unless he catches 13 passes again 

😉

Edited by affliction

37 minutes ago, affliction said:

He is playing might outscore Samuels unless he catches 13 passes again

Conner has been ruled out.

So what's the consensus on how long he will be out for? Thinking about moving my RB2 then buy low on this guy, but I can't wait too long for him. Twitter searches don't have any concrete estimates of a timeframe. Him not practicing these last two days make me think he may be out longer than we think.

59 minutes ago, Theschmidt said:

So what's the consensus on how long he will be out for? Thinking about moving my RB2 then buy low on this guy, but I can't wait too long for him. Twitter searches don't have any concrete estimates of a timeframe. Him not practicing these last two days make me think he may be out longer than we think.

A reasonable assumption IMO has always been week 12. When he was talking about not putting a timetable on it and not saying 1 week or 4 you knew this was a multi-week absence. I'd be shocked if he played Thursday, but I'd expect the following week. 

In terms of buying low, I think there's some legitimate concern that Samuels plays a lot more third downs in an attempt to keep Conner healthy, so I don't think I'd give up TOO much. 

• Like 1

This dude is hurt after every game.

Yeah that's it. he will be out of the league in a couple years. Godspeed.

I actually passed on him because of the injury concerns. However, I think it is hard not to see the value in attempting to flip assets showing positive results like David Montgomery for a guy like Conner that has a major role in this offense in both rushing and receiving. If you have Samuels, I would highly recommend testing the waters on getting Conner as well. Pitt's backfield is likely going to be a top 10 weekly play.

9 minutes ago, GridironWolves said:

Seems to me he'll be ready for TNF. Especially now that they are winning the wild card race.

Based on what? The above blurb about him running with the ball?

He has to be able to take a hit on that AC joint without re-injuring it and needs to have mobility. First practice report this week will be telling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

Based on what? The above blurb about him running with the ball?

He has to be able to take a hit on that AC joint without re-injuring it and needs to have mobility. First practice report this week will be telling.

this ^

if he's not fully healed, yet still pops out there on Toisday, i can assure you of the following:

1) first solid hit square on the shoulder will result in a fumble

2) he will prolly do extreme damage and jeopardize the balance of the season. 

I hate that this is a TNF game which means I will watch it filled with anxiety as Conner periodically goes to the sidelines in pain. See you guys in the TNF gameday thread,

• Like 1

Great news. I think a lot of people, myself included, underestimated this guy's talent. Samuels has made Conner look like Zeke the past two weeks. 

Samuels falling flat on his face is encouraging in terms of Conner keeping his bellcow role. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Great news. I think a lot of people, myself included, underestimated this guy's talent. Samuels has made Conner look like Zeke the past two weeks. 

Samuels falling flat on his face is encouraging in terms of Conner keeping his bellcow role. 

Agree, I am guilty of this. All other Pitt RBs have looked awful running the ball.