joebaker23

James Conner 2019 Outlook

Just now, fjthegrey said:

Derrick Henry...

In my deepest fantasies. 

see I could actually see Henry going to the Chargers, that's exactly the type of back we need to compliment Ekeler.

4 hours ago, cyberer said:

I noticed samuels was the most dropped player on yahoo yesterday. Unfortunate. Lots of 2nd time waiver usage

Yea, I have him on 2 of my teams and got that notification. 

Didn't take the bait - I'm not that dumb (dumb enough to play Conner in a league though). Conner is 2 weeks removed from a separated shoulder.  Tonight's outcome was well within the realm of possibility, if not probability 

• Like 2

On 11/11/2019 at 11:14 AM, affliction said:

I hate that this is a TNF game which means I will watch it filled with anxiety as Conner periodically goes to the sidelines in pain. See you guys in the TNF gameday thread,

😫

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Yea, I have him on 2 of my teams and got that notification. 

Didn't take the bait - I'm not that dumb

each team/roster config is different ... situations dictated dropping Samuels for WR help this week (Adams bye) and next week ('Reek bye). 

so what one calls "dumb" may have been borne outta necessity (i always only carry 2 WRs and load up on RBs) - in my particular case i'm fine with the move i made - replacement RBs on my roster are in much better situations going forward. 

thart being said ... the remaining sched is quite accomodating, yes - but Edmunds and a returning Snell are gonna prolly be primary ball carriers - Samuels will be akin to a Hunt or Sanders - on a much worse offense. 

as far as Conner ... @BGDDYKWL deserves a TON of kudos for calling this ish out all week and taking heat for having the balls to see thru the smokescreen - Teflon Tomlin is nothing but absolute trash for this chicanery - hoping to see some disciplinary action tossed at the Stillers, but, hey .... the Rooneys are a shadow regime (along with the Maras) that do more to run this leeg than the actual commish, so i'm not holding my breath on that one.  

i also stated earlier this week that the first solid shot on his shoulder would result in a fumble and in him missing the rest of the game ... one outta two on that one. 

btw, last night was the nadir for this entire gig, both magick and real - an epic chitshow the likes of which i've never seen lo over the 20+ years assembling fake rosters for coin.  

the "Shield" can kiss my arse if the proper response(s) are not meted out swiftly and with extreme prejudice.

☎️

• Like 4

I’m mad at Conner for making me hold onto Samuels. Really was looking fwd to cutting his a** today. This Pitt offense is horrendous although maybe against Cincy next week is the one game left they can do something remotely useful 

37 minutes ago, Tread_Lightly said:

Conner is made of glass 

The good news is Pitt will be aggressive in acquiring a rb so we won’t waste a high pick on him next year. Dude tries to truck everyone because he lacks athleticism but he is made of glass

• Like 1

Really frustrating to see happen. I hope if he does come back, he's actually healthy. I already have enough issues at RB.

[...] He was ranked as a top 10 RB pretty much across the board, and all of the reports were that he was going to resume his workhorse role. I understand that we fantasy owners probably need to be more cautious with players coming back from injury, especially those injuries that have a tendency to linger and/or not fully heal until after the season. Having said that, the Steelers not even listing Conner on the injury report when he admitted before the game to the sideline reporter that he was not 100% and dealing with a lot of pain in his shoulder feels cheap. In addition, rolling Conner out there when he clearly was not ready seems like a huge mistake for the Steelers. If they held him out until week 12 he gets another 1.5 weeks to rest/heal/get treatment. 

I know the Steelers and James Conner don't care about fantasy owners, but man we got screwed. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

36 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

[...] He was ranked as a top 10 RB pretty much across the board, and all of the reports were that he was going to resume his workhorse role. I understand that we fantasy owners probably need to be more cautious with players coming back from injury, especially those injuries that have a tendency to linger and/or not fully heal until after the season. Having said that, the Steelers not even listing Conner on the injury report when he admitted before the game to the sideline reporter that he was not 100% and dealing with a lot of pain in his shoulder feels cheap. In addition, rolling Conner out there when he clearly was not ready seems like a huge mistake for the Steelers. If they held him out until week 12 he gets another 1.5 weeks to rest/heal/get treatment. 

I know the Steelers and James Conner don't care about fantasy owners, but man we got screwed. 

They don’t have to care about us but should care about Conner. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

This was sad scene when I was growing up. Still not as sad as the Pittsburgh Steelers offense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, affliction said:

They don’t have to care about us but should care about Conner. 

BOOMkat!

exactly ... eff Teflon Tomlin, that marble moufed tool. 

If there's one thing that this debacle has taught us, it's that Conner is the main RB if/when he's healthy.  I picked up Samuel just in case Conner gets hurt, but he simply doesn't move the offense like Conner.  So I'm not worried about any time share with Samuel.   This is Conner's backfield.  If only he can stay healthy...…..sigh. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nbay23 said:

If there's one thing that this debacle has taught us, it's that Conner is the main RB if/when he's healthy.  I picked up Samuel just in case Conner gets hurt, but he simply doesn't move the offense like Conner.  So I'm not worried about any time share with Samuel.   This is Conner's backfield.  If only he can stay healthy...…..sigh. 

This pretty much confirms now that the Steelers were looking hard at trying to acquire Bell at the deadline. After seeing last night, there is no doubt about that.

5 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

This pretty much confirms now that the Steelers were looking hard at trying to acquire Bell at the deadline. After seeing last night, there is no doubt about that.

Both teams are worse off for a deal not being done.  

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 1

Pouncey got three games for last nights melee btw...not good for the offense.

Edited by Iron-cock

4 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Pouncey got three games for last nights melee btw...not good for the offense.

Which means Garrett is likely done for the rest of the season.

Edit: Well just saw the news, yes, suspended for the rest of the season.

Edited by FitzMagic

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Which means Garrett is likely done for the rest of the season.

Edit: Well just saw the news, yes, suspended for the rest of the season.

“Indefinitely” = has to grovel to Goodell if he wants to come back next season. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

“Indefinitely” = has to grovel to Goodell if he wants to come back next season. 

Yep, I expect carryover into next season. I could see a full 16-game ban for what he did.

Well folks if you started Conner, good luck catching up on Sunday/Monday.

Here's to hoping.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nbay23 said:

If only he can stay healthy...…..sigh. 

newsflash: he can't/won't

Edited by dakimbell