joebaker23

James Conner 2019 Outlook

Flat out dumping this dude in a Dynasty - he will not be the top dog last year, no doubt in my mind.

18 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

i wonder who is starting rb for steelers next year

Le’Veon Bell

16 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Le’Veon Bell

Bell going back to the Steelers wouldn’t be crazy. His Jets deal is for less total money than the Steelers were offering, and since he’s already played a year for the Jets and there’s a team out in 2021, the Steelers could cut him after a year if he falls off a cliff or can’t stay healthy (which is all the team ever wanted).
Conner is looking like a one-year-wonder in the Randle/Rawls/Forsett mold. He gave the fantasy world one nice season but he just can’t hold up to the rigors of an NFL workload.

Edited by eg4190

Any chance he is back in 3 weeks when fantasy playoffs start? I hope they shut him down until then. 

Edited by fantasymad

29 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

Any chance he is back in 3 weeks when fantasy playoffs start? I hope they shut him down until then. 

There's definitely a chance. And you'd hope they learned their lesson and wait til he's actually healthy this time. Question is can you trust him his first game back? It'd be REAL tough for me. 

He's left nearly every game he's played this season with some sort of injury. I don't care when he's back it really does not matter imo. I think there's a decent chance he's mothballed if the Steelers fall out of the playoff race. Considering their current situation that is a near certainty they'll be eliminated before Conner is cleared. How can an offense that's looked this bad deal with Pouncey being gone the next 3 weeks. That's just one issue - there's probably a dozen more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

fwiw 🤷‍♂️

Good, rest up. Quit this coming back half injured crap. Does nobody any good, fantasy or otherwise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

Good, rest up. Quit this coming back half injured crap. Does nobody any good, fantasy or otherwise. 

Teflon Tomlin is more culpable here than Conner ... both were in the wrong, but the d1ckhead coach shoulda been better than that - he frickin' knew JC was sub standard going into Cleveland ... he is the jackarse most responsible - the man'a a buffoon. 

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Teflon Tomlin is more culpable here than Conner ... both were in the wrong, but the d1ckhead coach shoulda been better than that - he frickin' knew JC was sub standard going into Cleveland ... he is the jackarse most responsible - the man'a a buffoon. 

Shouldn't the Steelers face a penalty for lying on the injury report?  They put him FP everyday but he wasn't even close to being healthy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SGagne said:

Shouldn't the Steelers face a penalty for lying on the injury report?  They put him FP everyday but he wasn't even close to being healthy. 

they incurred one earlier for the same monkey shines with Ben ... hopefully they get slapped again, a bit harder. 

this was pure bush leeg chicanery, a disgrace. 

[...]

this dude would have been alright if not for playing on that TNF game. The first big hit he took he was OUT. Tells you a lot there

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed vent/rant

50 minutes ago, SGagne said:

48 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

they incurred one earlier for the same monkey shines with Ben ... hopefully they get slapped again, a bit harder. 

this was pure bush leeg chicanery, a disgrace. 

Rooney runs the league sooooo I dont see much of a punishment

• Like 1

Just now, Chippa said:

Rooney runs the league sooooo I dont see much of a punishment

well, they gotta slap the wrist every once in awhile, just to keep up appearances 🤓

I am guessing he is back week 14. The Steelers should be 6-6 at a minimum then or 7-5 if they take care of both the Bengals and Browns. Still in contention. 

Edited by fantasymad

this is vague af ... at least Adams went in increments of "one million percent better" to "two million percent better", etc ...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, fantasymad said:

I am guessing he is back week 14. The Steelers should be 6-6 at a minimum then or 7-5 if they take care of both the Bengals and Browns. Still in contention. 

Assuming this is true I'm curious how everyone values Conner going forward? Like, what RBs are in front of and behind him now ROS? 

28 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Assuming this is true I'm curious how everyone values Conner going forward? Like, what RBs are in front of and behind him now ROS? 

I think this depends quite a bit on your playoff odds and your team’s trade deadline. [...]

If you’re struggling to make the playoffs and can still trade him, you have to make the move, especially if you don’t also have Samuels. He’d fetch no more than an RB3/flex, but there’s no point in holding him for a Week 14 comeback if you might be eliminated from contention by then. It will be especially difficult to start him in a must-win game that first one back.

Also, if the Steelers lose to the Bengals or something — which we can’t rule out — and fall out of the playoff picture, Conner will likely be mothballed.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

On 11/19/2019 at 11:23 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this is vague af ... at least Adams went in increments of "one million percent better" to "two million percent better", etc ...

Let me translate this:

"I'm going to be day-to-day until week 17. You won't be able to drop me, you won't be able to play me, and I won't go on IR so you dynasty guys will just have to live with me eating up a precious bench spot. I will return for week 17 after most people are done with fantasy football and promptly put up 250 total yards and 3 TDs. Because of this you will draft me at the end of the 2nd/top of the 3rd next season"