Gohawks

Alvin Kamara 2019 Outlook

I have seen plenty of Teddy living in the MN market. I think he will be good, not great. He is a smart guy, and can make plays. He is not a Drew Brees, few are, but I think we need to see over the next couple weeks how this offense evolves with him at the helm. Teddy won't get down to his 4th or 5 read like Brees does, but Payton knows how to get guys the ball and I know they will find ways to do it. Brees will be in his ear all game as well. Offense takes a step down, but let's give Bridgewater a game or 2 here before we write them off until week 9/10. Not too worried about Kamara at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, handyandy86 said:

My point is in reference to Kamara's fantasy success, not overall team success. For fantasy purposes I could care less what the Saints' record is over the next few weeks. 

Vikings also had a top 5 rushing offense with Bridgwater at QB. Vikings had a solid o-line and Bridgewater was able to keep teams honest enough that AP could go to work. 

That's really all this is about - should AK owners panic that Bridgewater will be so bad AK's value in fantasy will tank? History would tell us no, and that if Payton can focus more on the run this could still be a top rushing offense. 

I think he means a good defense helps the running game.

I did not have Kamara last year, and didn't watch the team much.  He had a huge snap share at the beginning of the year with Ingram out in the 80's 3 weeks and 1 in the high 70's.  This year, week 1 he was at 75.8% and week 2 was 64.6%. His snap share looks roughly the same with Murray, who is not as good as Ingram.  He also played ST last year, and he isn't playing any this season.

A lot of issues with the usage.  He wasn't out there a noticeable amount of 3rd down plays.  Having Murray run deep routes isn't going to scare anyone. Hill finished with more receptions than Kamara.  Bridgewater is bad.  I'm not sure the guy gets the free passes he does.  He hasn't been anything more than average. He is somewhere between Semian and Keenum as a QB.  Weak arm, and not fast enough to escape sacks.  It sucks what happened to his leg and it is awesome to see him play in the NFL again as a personal recovery type deal, but he wasn't ever a lights out guy before the injury.

Murray should be getting less snaps when the game is tight or they are behind, not more.

Edited by Sternes
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GangGreen89 said:

Adrian Peterson was fine with Teddy and so will Kamara. You can say that Kamara is no AP but Zim is no Payton so there you go. 

giphy.gif

Right, because Adrian Peterson is one of the top receiving RBs in the league.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sternes said:

giphy.gif

Right, because Adrian Peterson is one of the top receiving RBs in the league.

Adrian Peterson is the GOAT of the modern era. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GangGreen89 said:

And Kamara will pass him in receptions this year or next year.  What are you arguing?  I could have handed the ball off to Peterson.  Kamara's game is a dual threat.  He needs passes.  Teddy actually has to throw the ball to him. 

Are you going to tell me that Jerome Bettis and Chris Johnson are the same and comparable because they play RB?

And Peterson isn't a great receiving RB.

Edited by Sternes

55 minutes ago, GangGreen89 said:

Peyton Hillis would like to have a word with you.

• Haha 2

I think he'll still be fine.  Long term, Drew Brees comes back in a few weeks so no reason to panic sell him now.  Secondly, I have to imagine going from Brees to Bridgewater MID GAME caused a lot of the offensive problems.  They spend all week designing a game plan and then poof it disappears and you now have to call an offense you haven't prepared to call because your QB is limited.  With a full week to prep for Bridgewater and Peyton, I think we'll get something a bit better than last week.  Bridgewater stinks I agree.  But Peyton will find ways to make the offense work now that he knows he'll have Bridgewater, instead of having to adjust mid-game. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

I think he'll still be fine.  Long term, Drew Brees comes back in a few weeks so no reason to panic sell him now.  Secondly, I have to imagine going from Brees to Bridgewater MID GAME caused a lot of the offensive problems.  They spend all week designing a game plan and then poof it disappears and you now have to call an offense you haven't prepared to call because your QB is limited.  With a full week to prep for Bridgewater and Peyton, I think we'll get something a bit better than last week.  Bridgewater stinks I agree.  But Peyton will find ways to make the offense work now that he knows he'll have Bridgewater, instead of having to adjust mid-game. 

I agree with everything you said. I just hope Taysom Hill gets the job sooner rather than later. Feel way more confident with him at the helm.

36 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

I agree with everything you said. I just hope Taysom Hill gets the job sooner rather than later. Feel way more confident with him at the helm.

Not gunna happen. Taysom is never going to be a fulltime QB

• Like 2

I guess there's some secret discord group talking down Bridgewater and spamming that he's awful here. Not sure what their intention is--maybe to buy low on Thomas or Kamara. But its funny to hear you all talk down without any ability to back it up. I bet you never watched him play for the Vikings. Feel free to quote me when it turns how he isn't "garbage."

Edited by GenerallyPoorAdvice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

With Sean Payton not naming a starting QB - Is Taysom Hill better for Kamara's fantasy outlook vs Bridgewater? I only see his gadget plays so I'm not too familiar with him.

29 minutes ago, Steve226 said:

With Sean Payton not naming a starting QB - Is Taysom Hill better for Kamara's fantasy outlook vs Bridgewater? I only see his gadget plays so I'm not too familiar with him.

Bilgewater is an absolute stiff ... that offense would be putrid with him at QB, i don't give a fudge how much talent is surrounding him. 

at least wif Hill Kamara can get some read-option action .... would be so much more potent for AK.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve226 said:

Go to the Taysom Hill thread and watch his pre season highlights.   

15 minutes ago, Mr_Baller said:

Sad to see him fall down the rankings. Hopefully he can deliver against all odds.

Keep faith my friend

I traded for Kamara this past week, and I expect him to be a major part of the offense again heading forward. He is now arguably the Saints beat player on the field, and the Saints will come up with a script to get the ball in his hands one way or another. Losing a guy like Brees during a big game like last week always throws everything off. Everything the Saints planned to do went out the window. Practicing a week or two with a different QB, and different gameplan will benefit Kamara greatly.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mr_Baller said:

Sad to see him fall down the rankings. Hopefully he can deliver against all odds.

He fell like...3 spots? Let's not overreact as a RB is not as dependent on their QB as much as the OL. Teddy will be just fine for them until Brees is back under center in a couple weeks. 

• Haha 1

Neither Alvin Kamara nor Michael Thomas has a touchdown this year, and now it might be a few weeks.

Up there with one of the most elusive backs I have ever seen.