Gohawks

Alvin Kamara 2019 Outlook

what a stud. great to see them lean on him heavier with Teddy at the helm, and Teddy fed him as well.

Watched every snap. What an amazing game. Dude earned every yard. No freebies. 

He had someone in his face every time. He was spectacular. 

Where's the "omg Bilgewater sucks, AK is doomed!" crowd now? Hope you didn't already trade him for a bag of magic beans. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Realsmooth3 said:

Bridgewater definitely hurts Kamara's value.  So many times hes was open 5-10 yards in the flat, wasn't thrown to him at all.  

Didn't even turn to look at him.   Seemed like unless it was a called play, he wasn't throwing to him. 

• Like 1

Watching Bridgewater is painful.  He only can throw short, which should help Kamara in a way.  But when you watch last night as you said Kamara was open several times and instead Bridgewater throws the ball to the opposite side of the field to Hill.  Thats great, throw to a big slow tight end to pickup a first down instead of Kamara.  I don't get it.  This guy should be the top priority on every pass play when throwing short.  Forgot to add, just like the Panthers do with McCaffrey.  

Edited by Islanderman
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Watching Bridgewater is painful.  He only can throw short, which should help Kamara in a way.  But when you watch last night as you said Kamara was open several times and instead Bridgewater throws the ball to the opposite side of the field to Hill.  Thats great, throw to a big slow tight end to pickup a first down instead of Kamara.  I don't get it.  This guy should be the top priority on every pass play when throwing short.  Forgot to add, just like the Panthers do with McCaffrey.  

Kamara should be getting 8 targets a game at minimum just like Run CMC or Austin Ekeler.  Kamara is on par or better receiver than both of them in my opinion.  Limit his rushes to 10-14 and have Latavius get the rest of the carries I don't care.  12 rushes 7-10 targets per game is what it should be if not more... there's nobody else to throw to other than Michael Thomas.  

Add: worst part is, they won the game, in a game they almost lost due to Bridgewater's inability to scramble and get rid of the ball.  Takes a 20 yard sack at the end.  

Edited by Realsmooth3

Bilgewater is a flaming trash heap for sure, but I think we potentially just saw his bust game. Dallas was all over Bilgewater all night which didn't help - not sure why Saints O line couldn't pass protect last night. 

We all figured Bilgewater would bring Kamara's value down a bit, but we have 1 great game and 1 bad game. We will see what happens going forward. 

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Bilgewater is a flaming trash heap for sure, but I think we potentially just saw his bust game. Dallas was all over Bilgewater all night which didn't help - not sure why Saints O line couldn't pass protect last night. 

We all figured Bilgewater would bring Kamara's value down a bit, but we have 1 great game and 1 bad game. We will see what happens going forward. 

Unfortunately, three disaster games upcoming, two of which are on the road against the Jags and Bears.  May not hit double digits in standard leagues again until Week 8.

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

Didn't even turn to look at him.   Seemed like unless it was a called play, he wasn't throwing to him. 

The drop off from Brees’s to Teddy’s vision is worse than 20/20 to legally blind

• Haha 1

I hate Bilgewater with a burning passion. He just kills Kamara's value. I just hope maybe people will think after this last game that Teddy can throw, and maybe not crowd the line. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I hate Bilgewater with a burning passion. He just kills Kamara's value. I just hope maybe people will think after this last game that Teddy can throw, and maybe not crowd the line. 

I do not understand why he chooses to ignore Kamara for the easy dump off! Kamra will get you the first down Teddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone draft Kamara w/CMC still on the board? Really regretting that decision....like A LOT!!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Anyone draft Kamara w/CMC still on the board? Really regretting that decision....like A LOT!!!

There's probably a good amount of Zeke and Barkley owners as well.   But it's too early to really say for sure. 

4 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Would we be saying the same if Brees was playing? 

The answer is yes because CMC is f’in QB proof! 

Does the HC not care that Kamara is always wide open? Does Teddy get to do whatever Teddy wants? You would think while watching film they have plenty of clips of Kamara standing there alone with plenty of room to run once he gets the ball. 

21 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Does the HC not care that Kamara is always wide open? Does Teddy get to do whatever Teddy wants? You would think while watching film they have plenty of clips of Kamara standing there alone with plenty of room to run once he gets the ball. 

I get teddy sometimes misses open Kamara, but why they used Kamara for North South up the gut plays at least 6-7 times instead of giving him some space?  Mind boggling

Kamara's usage is on par from last season, he's just not scoring TDs at the same pace, which I believe will start coming, he's due for some positive regression.

15 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Kamara's usage is on par from last season, he's just not scoring TDs at the same pace, which I believe will start coming, he's due for some positive regression.

This, at least sort of. Brees on way back too. He's RB7 in 0.5PPR, with only one real stinker. Couple of tough-looking games coming up, but then a really nice run (with a bye in the middle, sadly). I suppose you could argue buy low, but only a desperate owner would be looking to sell.