Gohawks

Alvin Kamara 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, RoseLin23 said:

That was a one game outlier. Speaking as a Bears fan, this line is stout against the run. With or without Hicks. That was one game in London. Rest assured this unit will be hungry after the bye at home. Not saying you don't start Kamara or Murray, but don't expect another Jacobs like outing.

The more I think about it, the more impressed I am with the Raiders offensive line.

Everyone left this offense for dead after the AB fiasco.  The skills guys have a ton of questions.  Josh Jacobs was looked at as the best rookie in what was not a storied RB class.  Carr has been really just ok since 2016.  Tyrell Williams has been mostly a role player sometimes deep threat.  Going into this season most people couldn't tell you what a Darren Waller was.

But they've beaten some strong fronts.  Denver has taken LAC and Tennessee's offenses to the shed the past couple weeks.  The Bears are the Bears.  Maybe you can write it off as a London fluke, but you're talking about a very talented front seven.  They even put up some decent yardage on the Vikings, though they were error prone.

Something to watch during the week, of course. 

But while nursing an ankle injury he got 11 carries, and 7 receptions on 8 targets. Slightly lower volume in the run game than typical, but in general the offense was hobbled beyond AK.

So far he's not on the injury report officially, at least as reported by ESPN, but there hasn't been much in the way of practices. I want to see what's reported on him as we get to later in the week. 

If he's listed as healthy, he's in the lineup.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

The more I think about it, the more impressed I am with the Raiders offensive line.

Everyone left this offense for dead after the AB fiasco.  The skills guys have a ton of questions.  Josh Jacobs was looked at as the best rookie in what was not a storied RB class.  Carr has been really just ok since 2016.  Tyrell Williams has been mostly a role player sometimes deep threat.  Going into this season most people couldn't tell you what a Darren Waller was.

But they've beaten some strong fronts.  Denver has taken LAC and Tennessee's offenses to the shed the past couple weeks.  The Bears are the Bears.  Maybe you can write it off as a London fluke, but you're talking about a very talented front seven.  They even put up some decent yardage on the Vikings, though they were error prone.

Josh Jacobs apparently has the 4th easiest run schedule currently for the rest of season. The Saints have one of the worst. I don't think at this point I would trade J Jacobs for Kamara. Maybe that's ignorant I dunno.

• Haha 1

Well depending on Karmara status going into this game against Chicago, Chicago placed A.Hicks on IR one of there top run stuffers

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

Murray is going to get stuffed this week too.

True but the dropoff between Kamara getting stuffed vs Murray getting stuffed is minimal, so you're not looking at a huge dropoff in production while at the same time buying yourself a week with Kamara getting healthy.

I'd rather they just rule him out so I can play Murray or another option entirely. You can't sit Kamara at all, but a gimpy Kamara has zero upside (esp with Bilgewater).  At least it would make my 6th round pick of Murray finally start to pay dividends.  A split carries situation is just trash.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

High ankle issue sounds better than high ankle sprain, I guess?

It's a low-end six week injury rather than a high-end six week injury.  Should be fine in about six weeks.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheINC said:

I'd rather they just rule him out so I can play Murray or another option entirely. You can't sit Kamara at all, but a gimpy Kamara has zero upside (esp with Bilgewater).  At least it would make my 6th round pick of Murray finally start to pay dividends.  A split carries situation is just trash.

They have a bye week 9 so i wonder if they will hold him out through then?

Just now, ninersdd said:

They have a bye week 9 so i wonder if they will hold him out through then?

Hopefully, rather have a single RB to play in NO and let Kamara heal up fully.  But watch he'll prob suit up and blow out his ankle entirely...

1 minute ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

He had the first carry on the Saints’ final drive on Sunday. 

Did things get worse since that play? 

Probably was already damaged but just got worse after the game ended and everything swelled up

3 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

He had the first carry on the Saints’ final drive on Sunday. 

Did things get worse since that play? 

Probably not. Seems like it was worded more like an issue at the lower leg or high part of ankle. Must be an issue of swelling or just feeling sore after the game.

It's clearly not a high ankle sprain. You don't play for 4-6 weeks if that is the case, unless your name is Barkley, and even he may miss near the short end of that range.

Edited by Sdig14

13 minutes ago, lindown said:

any update on his injury? what's his chance of playing?

If you want me to go crunch some numbers I will but it'll probably fluctuate based on Wed-Fri practice reports

48 minutes ago, lindown said:

any update on his injury? what's his chance of playing?

Friday practice is normally the best tell-tell sign.

Personally, I just hope he sits out at least one week. NOTE: I do say that as a Murray owner as well.

Edited by nonstopfan

35 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Friday practice is normally the best tell-tell sign.

Personally, I just hope he sits out at least one week. NOTE: I do say that as a Murray owner as well.

If they sit him out this week, they may also sit him out the following week against the Cards because they have a bye week 9. 

He did not look right against the Jags at all. I hate that the term high ankle sprain is being used at all....I almost hope they do sit him to make sure he doesn't hurt it to the point it turns into a multi-week absence.

3 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

He did not look right against the Jags at all. I hate that the term high ankle sprain is being used at all....I almost hope they do sit him to make sure he doesn't hurt it to the point it turns into a multi-week absence.

Sprain was never mentioned they just state "high ankle type issue".