Gohawks

Alvin Kamara 2019 Outlook

17 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Sprain was never mentioned they just state "high ankle type issue".

Right...what other injury can you possibly infer from that description, especially given it was originally a sprained ankle before this new terminology began being used.

I'm hoping that they are describing it that way rather than simply 'high ankle sprain' because it's not as bad as a typical HAS but the way NFL teams are handling injury updates now, we will never know.

• Like 1

I thought the injury was a high ankle type injury, not a high ankle sprain?  But then again, what the hell is a high ankle type injury anyway.

I wonder if they could design plays where Kamara gets the ball and then hops on Murray's back and Murray runs.  Then when Murray gets contact, Kamara jumps off into open space. 

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

I thought the injury was a high ankle type injury, not a high ankle sprain?  But then again, what the hell is a high ankle type injury anyway.

And why did he get 18 touches last week including a carry on the final drive if he had a high ankle sprain? 

This entire thing has been handled oddly. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I wonder if they could design plays where Kamara gets the ball and then hops on Murray's back and Murray runs.  Then when Murray gets contact, Kamara jumps off into open space. 

that would be more effective than anything they are doing with Taysum Hill

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Novaray said:

that would be more effective than anything they are doing with Taysum Hill

Taysom Hill is such a powerful, amazing athlete, couldn't he just launch Kamara, with the ball, over the line of scrimmage and into open space?

Edited by Bastardo!

4 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Taysom Hill is such a powerful, amazing athlete, couldn't he just launch Kamara, with the ball, over the line of scrimmage and into open space?

I like this better.   Pre-snap, Kamara could get on Hill's back and the snap goes to Hill.  He could either:

1) dump Kamara and keep the ball

2) dump Kamara and have Kamra go out for a pass

3) hand the ball up to Kamara and throw Kamara

4) dump Kamrara, hand him the ball and then go out for a pass

5) hand the ball up to Kamara and Kamra throws to Thomas

Lots more I can think of.

I don't know how a defense could plan for this.

It's good. I do like the simplicity of Hill just shot-putting Kamara into the 2nd level on every play. 

• Like 1

And y'all can laugh at it or whatever.  But it's this kind of creative thinking that separates a top OC from the rest of the league.

At least they did not sign someone to jump over Murray.  I really hope if he plays it is because he will be ready.  Not like last week where he is limited.  The limited snaps do nothing to those of us who cuffed Kamara with Murray other than make neither of the attractive. The goal is the super bowl and not beating the Bears.  Long term plan here...

Edited by jjbooda

35 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

I can't imagine they'd give ZZ much run, if any.  They would just feed Latavius, wouldn't they?

You would have to think Murray would get 75-80 percent of the workload. Murray isn't some scrub. While not a star, he has proven to be an effective runner over the years in Oakland and Minnesota. Zenner presumably is a depth add who would be a COP back behind Murray if Kamara is out.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

I can't imagine they'd give ZZ much run, if any.  They would just feed Latavius, wouldn't they?

ZZ is just there so that, if Latavius breaks his leg in the first quarter, they're not down to Dwayne Washington (who has played 36 NFL games for only 463 yards with 1 career rushing TD). The signing almost certainly means they expect Kamara to miss at least one game, though.

19 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

ZZ is just there so that, if Latavius breaks his leg in the first quarter, they're not down to Dwayne Washington (who has played 36 NFL games for only 463 yards with 1 career rushing TD). The signing almost certainly means they expect Kamara to miss at least one game, though.

Agree.  I just hope they announce him as out and not mess around with making him active and getting a few touches.

The Zenner signing would certainly lead you to believe he's out this week. He's been so far from 100% they've (smartly) decided it's best to get him healthy rather than rolling him out at far less than 100%. 

8 hours ago, K197040 said:

I like this better.   Pre-snap, Kamara could get on Hill's back and the snap goes to Hill.  He could either:

1) dump Kamara and keep the ball

2) dump Kamara and have Kamra go out for a pass

3) hand the ball up to Kamara and throw Kamara

4) dump Kamrara, hand him the ball and then go out for a pass

5) hand the ball up to Kamara and Kamra throws to Thomas

Lots more I can think of.

I don't know how a defense could plan for this.

Can you imagine how complicated a flea flicker would look from that configuration?

8 hours ago, jjbooda said:

At least they did not sign someone to jump over Murray.  I really hope if he plays it is because he will be ready.  Not like last week where he is limited.  The limited snaps do nothing to those of us who cuffed Kamara with Murray other than make neither of the attractive. The goal is the super bowl and not beating the Bears.  Long term plan here...

Pretty sure there wasn't anyone better than Murray in FA, but yeah the Zenner signing is for insurance if Kamara can't go.