Gohawks

Alvin Kamara 2019 Outlook

Drew Brees clarified Wednesday that he's back to working with a regulation-sized football.

It's great news for Brees' chances of returning sooner rather than later. The future hall of fame QB himself stated, "I’ve graduated to the NFL ball ... I have a really kind of disciplined plan for what I need to do for strength and flexibility and then my throwing and all that stuff. So really starting to get back into it, doing football stuff, and just trying to get back as quick as I can." There appears to be a real chance that Brees returns in Week 8 against the Cardinals.

26 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Drew Brees clarified Wednesday that he's back to working with a regulation-sized football.

It's great news for Brees' chances of returning sooner rather than later. The future hall of fame QB himself stated, "I’ve graduated to the NFL ball ... I have a really kind of disciplined plan for what I need to do for strength and flexibility and then my throwing and all that stuff. So really starting to get back into it, doing football stuff, and just trying to get back as quick as I can." There appears to be a real chance that Brees returns in Week 8 against the Cardinals.

I’d be more than happy with Kamara sitting this week and returning with Brees in week 8. Sick and tired of Teddy.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Can you imagine how complicated a flea flicker would look from that configuration?

It would be like the Crane Kick.   Indefensible.

Off topic...I always wondered...since the Crane Kick is indefensible, why didn't Daniel just start every match in the Crane pose?

• Haha 2

Guys relax...I'm playing against Kamara this week.  20 carries for 140 yards and 2 TD's this week confirmed.  

Just now, UFGator said:

Guys relax...I'm playing against Kamara this week.  20 carries for 140 yards and 2 TD's this week confirmed.  

Listen, is Kamara on the back of Murray?

29 minutes ago, Mr_Baller said:

Listen, is Kamara on the back of Murray?

Unclear.  I mean...I came up with the idea.  I don't know if anyone has mentioned it to McVay.  I'm pretty lazy so I probably won't do it.  But if someone does, I would like the credit.

In any event, until his ankle heals, I can't imagine him being able to execute the landing. 

Payton...I meant...Payton. 

Edited by K197040

Didn't practice again.  Can we get an answer on what the injury is?  A high ankle issue?  What does that mean?  Is it a high ankle sprain?  Why is it so secretive.

I would say this, if he doesn't play this week don't expect him back until Week 10.  The bye is Week 9.  If he has a high ankle "issue" - which presumably means a high ankle sprain (what other issue could he have there, a bug bite?) - those take a while and nobody is going to be wanting to rush a superstar player back the week before the bye (unless the game was huge, NO vs. a division rival or a home-field-advantage rival or something).  The fact that they went shopping for a RB also augurs poorly for his return.

10 hours ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Time to fire up all my lat Murray shares!?!?

Idk. Still a tough matchup @CHI... wondering the same thing though.

1 minute ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

Brutal matchup if you have better options, No Brees makes it even more difficult.

24 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Didn't practice again.  Can we get an answer on what the injury is?  A high ankle issue?  What does that mean?  Is it a high ankle sprain?  Why is it so secretive.

"It would appear Kamara has a high-ankle sprain. Barring a surprise Friday return, he is going to miss Sunday's road trip to Chicago, and should be considered questionable at best to return in Week 8. Latavius Murray becomes a plug-and-play RB2 in Kamara's absence. The Bears are a foreboding matchup, but this weekend will be their first game without run-stuffer extraordinaire Akiem Hicks."

How is he even questionable to play? Am I wrong for remembering that High Ankle Sprains are 6-8 weeks injury? I am preparing to lose him for multiple weeks. Will be lucky if he is ready after the Bye week. 

I don't think it's a HAS because he hurt it in practice and then played last week. Had it been a HAS, I can't imagine he would've played. Of course there's a chance he furthered injured it last week but that's doubtful since they said he had his knee rolled up on. Of course I've heard nothing about an MRI either so who knows what the deal is. Since he hasn't already been ruled out, im hoping it's not a HAS.

Doubt he plays and If he does, he'll risk making it worse and or leaving the game all together after 2.2. 

To the pine this week, better options exist then vs Chi w/ a balky knee and high ankle sprain. 

I do not think it is a high ankle sprain that will require an extended absence, but I would be surprised if he played this week. The only reason I don't believe it to be a very serious injury is that it seems to be the same injury that he had going into last week. He played the entire game last Sunday with this injury. I suppose it could have gotten worse, but I think it is more likely that the team saw how hobbled he was and will give him a week to rest up. Unfortunately if the Saints win this week, they could decide to rest him longer. If they lose, I could see him coming back sooner. Personally I am keeping an eye on the Brees situation because I also think that Kamara will be on the field as soon as he (Brees) is healthy. Absolute worst case scenario, as others have said, the team holds him out till after the bye. If that happens we owners just need to go .500 to stay afloat, and let him carry us to the promised land when he returns 😁

2 hours ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

Jacobs went ham on the bears 2 weeks ago in London, and bears just lost their top run-stopper in Hicks.  If Kamara sits (hopefully) and Murray gets bellcow usage I wouldnt be too worried. the volume alone should make him pretty productive