Gohawks

Alvin Kamara 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

11 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

How would a 50/50 split be best? That's the last thing I want. If Kamara is playing, I want him to get the max touches possible with Murray spelling him from time to time.

2 hours ago, boredster said:

let murray take on the ingram role... didnt stop kamara from being elite previous two seasons

look at the stats for 2017 versus 2018. More workload for Kamara = bad for fantasy. If you owned Kamara last year, chances are, you didn’t win due to his inability to play. 

Kamara doesn’t need 15+ carries, he needs 10+ targets plus 10 carries.

Get home open in space, not run him to take some wear and tear. Let Murray do that. A la 2017 backfield.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Come on Kamara, I need ya this week man, showdown time w/ a real hitter squad. 

Statue.thumb.jpg.b29a0b2a4944c1bcea7ebabd9dcf1a52.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Come on Kamara, I need ya this week man, showdown time w/ a real hitter squad. 

Statue.thumb.jpg.b29a0b2a4944c1bcea7ebabd9dcf1a52.jpg

What you need is him WITH Brees.

I just hope that he's either 100% or he's declared inactive. 

My concern is that they'll activate him as an emergency backup if he's needed, but try to give Murray the bulk of the workload because it's just Arizona and they don't want to risk Kamara.

1 minute ago, bwarbiany said:

My concern is that they'll activate him as an emergency backup if he's needed, but try to give Murray the bulk of the workload because it's just Arizona and they don't want to risk Kamara.

when has Sean Payton ever been known to do that?

As Kamara and Murray owner I am just hoping that Kamara will be out to rest. Murray will do his job against the Cards and Alvin will be ready for the remaining journey.

Edited by Mr_Baller
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd much rather have Kamara rest this week, get two more weeks off, and have me take the L, and come out Week 10 as the perfect top 3 RB he always was.

As opposed to him aggravating something on Sunday.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bwarbiany said:

Speaking of Arizona, I just hope Payton doesnt pull an Arizona...have Kamara start, come out after 1 touch and never to be seen again, a la week 7 David Johnson.

14 minutes ago, Mr_Baller said:

As Kamara and Murray owner I am just hoping that Kamara will be out to rest. Murray will do his job against the Cards and Alvin will be ready for the remaining journey.

My fantasy team unlike the Saints is not sitting pretty.. and does not have the luxury of Murray. So yes, while that all makes sense in real life.. let's go this week AK!!

12 hours ago, Mr_Baller said:

Zenner cut, so this could be a sign that Alvin will be back.

He’s back but tread lightly. AK is ELIte, only when healthy, bottom line. Anything more than 15 or so touches, Im Leary of him surviving is the whole season.

23 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

My fantasy team unlike the Saints is not sitting pretty.. and does not have the luxury of Murray. So yes, while that all makes sense in real life.. let's go this week AK!!

We are all in here for the long game. We need him for the Playoff run. So the smart thing for them would be to rest him this week. Then he would get 3 weeks rest all together. But I got you. That's understandable. If your fighting to stay alive and your in win now mode. He's needed this week.

What's the word here? Anyone in New Orleans know the scoop?

Signed, 

Hopeful in Chicago

Drew Brees and CB Eli Apple were present for the brief portion of Wednesday's walk-through practice that was open to the media. Didn't see RB Alvin Kamara or CB Patrick Robinson. But we'll get a more detailed injury report later this afternoon.

13 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Drew Brees and CB Eli Apple were present for the brief portion of Wednesday's walk-through practice that was open to the media. Didn't see RB Alvin Kamara or CB Patrick Robinson. But we'll get a more detailed injury report later this afternoon.

That’s an unquoted media quote for those that don’t know. 

Doesn’t mean much until Friday but watch what Saints do with their rb acquisitions since Zenner is gone. 

looks like a DNP today... i think there is a strong chance kamara is active but emergency only. Say a week ago the saints determined that kamara needs 2 more weeks off... rest him through the bye. it makes sense that they would have 3 RB's active for the chicago game (murray washington, zenner). Because if any of the 3 got hurt you'd want at least 2 already on roster for the cardinals game so you wouldnt have to be rushing to sign someone and get them up to speed.

Fast forward to yesterday....the team knows they only need to get through one more game before the bye and getting kamara back week 10.... so why carry 2 RB's behind murray for one single game? What's the chances 2 RB's get hurt in one game and that you'll need to rely heavily on the 3rd string rb? it's not quite decoy status but i would hope if my scenario plays out that shefty is given a heads up and reports it sunday morning 

Edited by boredster

Kamara will be active, play behind Murray and only get a few snaps. Taysom hill will act as 3rd string RB in an emergency. Book it

4 minutes ago, jwilsonxo said:

Kamara will be active, play behind Murray and only get a few snaps. Taysom hill will act as 3rd string RB in an emergency. Book it

Pretty likely scenario imo.

Saints do light walk-throughs on Wed, his status today means almost nothing. Fri is the only important day to see.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 5:37 PM, RingMyBell said:

Booo this man, I need him this week.

Understood, but the person is right.  It makes a lot of sense to give him another week off with their bye week coming up the following week.  This isn't some minor injury that he can just shake off.  3 weeks off and maybe he's the real Alvin Kamara again.

At the very least, hopefully it's a much clearly situation than what Arizona did this past Sunday.  RBs can't really be used as decoys, which would be the only reason to have a player active if you have no intention of using him.

You have kamara, no murray: post reads "come on kamara play"

you have murray or have both or are a saints fan: post reads "rest through the bye and come back strong, we dont need kamara agains the lowly cardinals"

just like this post instead of posting your version of this post...!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Understood, but the person is right.  It makes a lot of sense to give him another week off with their bye week coming up the following week.  This isn't some minor injury that he can just shake off.  3 weeks off and maybe he's the real Alvin Kamara again.

At the very least, hopefully it's a much clearly situation than what Arizona did this past Sunday.  RBs can't really be used as decoys, which would be the only reason to have a player active if you have no intention of using him.

The way Murray played last week, the fact that they are 6-1, getting Brees back soon, playing a bad team this week and the bye coming up makes this is a pretty easy call to rest him through the bye. 

• Haha 1

I feel for people who are fighting to stay in the playoff race and really need him this week. My RBs are hurting but I'll survive without him for 2 weeks and really would like him healthy and beasting for the stretch run after their bye.