Gohawks

Alvin Kamara 2019 Outlook

There’s really no point to any significant dialogue here. If Kamara is active you have to start him even with risk. If not have a plug and play. Next. 

1 hour ago, tatddy said:

There’s really no point to any significant dialogue here. If Kamara is active you have to start him even with risk. If not have a plug and play. Next. 

not necessarily.  I thought the same thing about David Johnson, and look what happened when he was "active", with Edmonds on my bench.  similar situation here imo

• Like 2

1 minute ago, matanp said:

not necessarily.  I thought the same thing about David Johnson, and look what happened when he was "active", with Edmonds on my bench.  similar situation here imo

DJ owers understood the risk and took it. Sometimes it doesn't work out, sometimes it does, but when it does you don't remember. For example, Saquon his first week back. 

1 minute ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

DJ owers understood the risk and took it. Sometimes it doesn't work out, sometimes it does, but when it does you don't remember. For example, Saquon his first week back. 

I'm sure there were a few owners who benched him and reaped the rewards.  All I'm saying is, you don't absolutely have to start him if you have a good backup.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mbell317 said:

But again, I can see coaches and players saying "let's give it everything we have to win this game, even if we're not 100%, and then we get a 2 week break to recover". 

I would think the thinking for a team like the Saints, that is clearly one of (if not the top) favorites to win the NFC, along with looking like a lock for their division, may be to rest their superstar RB for an extra 2 weeks to completely heal up from his multiple injuries and be 100% for the stretch run and the playoffs, vs risking re-injury or worsening the situation and potentially losing him for the rest of the season.  Just so that he can suit up against Arizona this week.  But nothing will truly surprise me.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheINC said:

I would think the thinking for a team like the Saints, that is clearly one of (if not the top) favorites to win the NFC, along with looking like a lock for their division, may be to rest their superstar RB for an extra 2 weeks to completely heal up from his multiple injuries and be 100% for the stretch run and the playoffs, vs risking re-injury or worsening the situation and potentially losing him for the rest of the season.  Just so that he can suit up against Arizona this week.  But nothing will truly surprise me.

Yes but no one knows how serious the injury is. I would think they’d just let Latavius play this one out as well, but there’s a chance that he’s healthy enough to where an extra two weeks won’t make much of a difference from where he is at now.

Just now, FantasyGOAT said:

Yes but no one knows how serious the injury is. I would think they’d just let Latavius play this one out as well, but there’s a chance that he’s healthy enough to where an extra two weeks won’t make much of a difference from where he is at now.

Yup that's def possible, I would've hoped he wasn't limited all week in practise to give us more confidence that he'll get a full workload if he does play, instead of a scaled back workload, and ease concerns about how serious the injury is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheINC said:

Yup that's def possible, I would've hoped he wasn't limited all week in practise to give us more confidence that he'll get a full workload if he does play, instead of a scaled back workload, and ease concerns about how serious the injury is.

Agreed, but that would be too easy 🙃 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Agreed, but that would be too easy 🙃 

I hope he doesn't play and Latavius, vs a good Cardinals Run D ,looks like trash and Saints lose the game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

I hope he doesn't play and Latavius, vs a good Cardinals Run D ,looks like trash and Saints lose the game

It seems like coaches are using this as an edge against their opponents these days. Johnson or Edmunds? Kamara or Murray? It’s a little more difficult to gameplan against the unknown.

If Brees plays, I think Kamara plays.

If Brees sits this one out, I think there's a higher chance Kamara sits.

Don't want him to pull a DJ, but don't want to be forced to play Walton either

2 hours ago, TheINC said:

Yeah, I agree it's obviously a very team/player specific decision. Depending on their particular situation and the player's particular injury.

That's why I didn't understand the general, blanket thinking of, "Oh, they have a bye next week? Then they are more likely to sit".

Unfortunately a bad situation. If he‘s active I really do not know what to do. The DJ story is a nightmare for this one. I had hope for most of the week that this situation would be avoided.

I know us fantasy managers have a better grasp on the season than the coaches but it's called the NFL for a reason: Not For Long. The Saints are one game ahead of the Panthers. They are not gonna sleep walk through games and I'm sure they aren't taking the Cardinals lightly. They are gonna play their best players if they can play and the players are gonna play if they feel they can be effective.  This David Johnson situation is being used as the standard as if it happens all the time. You have to consider types of injuries and player's pain thresholds.  A back is different from an ankle sprain. 

Kamara is not a volume based guy and I wouldnt be scared if he is limited because he will get premium level touches. If he plays, you play him.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

I know us fantasy managers have a better grasp on the season than the coaches but it's called the NFL for a reason: Not For Long. The Saints are one game ahead of the Panthers. They are not gonna sleep walk through games and I'm sure they aren't taking the Cardinals lightly. They are gonna play their best players if they can play and the players are gonna play if they feel they can be effective.  This David Johnson situation is being used as the standard as if it happens all the time. You have to consider types of injuries and player's pain thresholds.  A back is different from an ankle sprain. 

Kamara is not a volume based guy and I wouldnt be scared if he is limited because he will get premium level touches. If he plays, you play him.

please define “premium level touches”

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

Kinda tough when a runningback is dealing with a high ankle sprain; explosiveness and cutting ability are limited...what premium?

Edited by Gryfter

22 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Kinda tough when a runningback is dealing with a high ankle sprain; explosiveness and cutting ability are limited...what premium?

Imo he does not play. I have had ankle injuries in the past in soccer and let me tell you they are very susceptible to reinjury. Now throw in having car wreck collisions hitting you and needing to cut on a dime. They have a bye, latavius is more than capable. Sean Payton is smart make the cardinals think they have Kamara playing (who is a unique player compared to Murray) to game plan for.

Edited by nmartinez12443
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Imo he does not play. I have had ankle injuries in the past in soccer and let me tell you they are very susceptible to reinjury. Now throw in having car wreck collisions hitting you and needing to cut on a dime. They have a bye, latavius is more than capable. Sean Payton is smart make the cardinals think they have Kamara playing (who is a unique player compared to Murray) to game plan for.

2 things

you aren’t a professional athlete but CSB

kamara practiced without any brace, tape, support, etc.

Counterpoint, I have sore knees sometimes but I am able to play basketball every week with sleeves on them. He might play

• Haha 2

Just now, chargahs said:

2 things

you aren’t a professional athlete but CSB

kamara practiced without any brace, tape, support, etc.

Well I actually did play semiprofessional and had a high ankle sprain (though this seems mild) as well so it relates.

Ankles and hamstrings are two injuries that are very susceptible to reinjury.Running backs especially ones like kamara who cut on a dime and plant hard to accelerate rely on their ankle big time. Him being a professional makes it even more dangerous.

As far no support that is very promising, I would have to have my shet wrapped to make it through and if he doesnt have that its a good sign.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

AP put up a hunnid yards on Thursday with a high ankle sprain

5 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Well I actually did play semiprofessional and had a high ankle sprain (though this seems mild) as well so it relates.

Ankles and hamstrings are two injuries that are very susceptible to reinjury.Running backs especially ones like kamara who cut on a dime and plant hard to accelerate rely on their ankle big time. Him being a professional makes it even more dangerous.

As far no support that is very promising, I would have to have my shet wrapped to make it through and if he doesnt have that its a good sign.

I laugh at people the play “semiprofessional” football

its called men’s league in every other sport