Gohawks

Alvin Kamara 2019 Outlook

24 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

AP put up a hunnid yards on Thursday with a high ankle sprain

Whats your point? AP is a freak of nature. Most backs are retired way before AP's age. 

If you're really gonna do a dumb comparison like that, why didnt Kamara play week 7?

When are people going to learn that your “injury” that your are fighting through in your men’s league basketball is never going to relate to these guys 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My concern is the fact that he already has a knee injury. Does anyone know if it’s the same leg as the ankle?

I read a lot of studies that same ankle injuries can sometimes lead to knee injuries because you’re subconsciously protecting it or it’s not completely healed and the knee makes up for the lack of range of motion. I really want him to sit through the bye. 

I don’t care if he sits out for 3 more weeks. I just need this dude to be healthy during the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, Klientel said:

My concern is the fact that he already has a knee injury. Does anyone know if it’s the same leg as the ankle?

I read a lot of studies that same ankle injuries can sometimes lead to knee injuries because you’re subconsciously protecting it or it’s not completely healed and the knee makes up for the lack of range of motion. I really want him to sit through the bye. 

I don’t care if he sits out for 3 more weeks. I just need this dude to be healthy during the playoffs. 

If I recall correctly, the knee injury is not on the same leg as his ankle injury. Similar to Mahomes' injury. I could be wrong though.

How does everyone like Kamara's playoff schedule (Weeks 14-16)? Do we expect a timeshare moving forward?

vs SF

vs IND

@ TEN

42 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Whats your point? AP is a freak of nature. Most backs are retired way before AP's age. 

If you're really gonna do a dumb comparison like that, why didnt Kamara play week 7?

🤷🏿‍♂️ Offering perspective.  You clearly need your coffee this morning.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

How does everyone like Kamara's playoff schedule (Weeks 14-16)? Do we expect a timeshare moving forward?

vs SF

vs IND

@ TEN

it’s Alvin Kamara.... he’s matchup proof. Especially with Brees 

45 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

vs SF

vs IND

@ TEN

It’s awful but the Saints with Brees can move the ball against anyone so he’s a must start regardless. 

But I think we are headed to a 60/40 split now so that’s going to limit his value a bit. He’s still good for 15+ touches a game though. 

46 minutes ago, chargahs said:

it’s Alvin Kamara.... he’s matchup proof. Especially with Brees 

1 hour ago, CamNewton said:

vs SF

vs IND

@ TEN

Hate it.  And I hate the TB game as well. If it is a 60/40 timeshare, I expect at least a couple of busts out of those 4 games.

Lets face it, so far this year he has been disappointing. We all expected a few blowup weeks like McCaffrey. We’ve had only 1. He’s been ok but we all thought big things were in store without Ingram. And now what do we get from him with this injury. 

I hope he does sit out one more week. Go on Bye. Be healthy and get back out there with Brees for the long run. 

41 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Lets face it, so far this year he has been disappointing. We all expected a few blowup weeks like McCaffrey. We’ve had only 1. He’s been ok but we all thought big things were in store without Ingram. And now what do we get from him with this injury. 

Seconded. Took him over McCaffrey. Huge mistake thus far.

43 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

To be fair, Brees has been out so defenses can focus more on him. CMC is obviously the better RB but You can’t go wrong with Kamara as well

Just now, babyfaceassasin said:

To be fair, Brees has been out so defenses can focus more on him. CMC is obviously the better RB but You can’t go wrong with Kamara as well

And if you would have said Allen would be starting over Newton, people probably would have thought the same. Plus, Teddy is not terrible. I thought there may be more short passes to Alvin, didn’t really happen that much besides at Seattle.

6 minutes ago, mjkp64 said:

And if you would have said Allen would be starting over Newton, people probably would have thought the same. Plus, Teddy is not terrible. I thought there may be more short passes to Alvin, didn’t really happen that much besides at Seattle.

Uh no because CMC played well last year even without Newton 

13 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Uh no because CMC played well last year even without Newton 

And it isn’t unreasonable to think Kamara would still play well with Teddy. He’s a pretty good backup ,all things considered, and Thomas has been fine. 

Completely fair to say Alvin has had a disappointing fantasy season thus far, even without Brees.

Edited by mjkp64

31 minutes ago, mjkp64 said:

And it isn’t unreasonable to think Kamara would still play well with Teddy. He’s a pretty good backup ,all things considered, and Thomas has been fine. 

Completely fair to say Alvin has had a disappointing fantasy season thus far, even without Brees.

The offensive scheme is different with Bridgewater in there while it was proven last year that the offensive scheme in Carolina doesn’t change when Allen was the starter. If anything Kyle Allen has been a more accurate thrower than Cam Newton since his injuries. Not saying Bridgewater sucks but he’s def not Brees. We all know Kamara would regress if Brees wasn’t under center. We didn’t know Brees would be out for 5 games tho 

5 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Imo he does not play. I have had ankle injuries in the past in soccer and let me tell you they are very susceptible to reinjury. Now throw in having car wreck collisions hitting you and needing to cut on a dime. They have a bye, latavius is more than capable. Sean Payton is smart make the cardinals think they have Kamara playing (who is a unique player compared to Murray) to game plan for.

I injured my ankle 20 years ago in high school and I played basketball 2 weeks later. So I think that means Kamara plays this week. 

26 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

The offensive scheme is different with Bridgewater in there while it was proven last year that the offensive scheme in Carolina doesn’t change when Allen was the starter. If anything Kyle Allen has been a more accurate thrower than Cam Newton since his injuries. Not saying Bridgewater sucks but he’s def not Brees. We all know Kamara would regress if Brees wasn’t under center. We didn’t know Brees would be out for 5 games tho 

Interesting. Murray certainly did ok last week. Did Chicago focus more on him? Why hasn’t Thomas regressed?

Kamara has been alright, but not what people drafted him to be. Yes, the injury also hurts. But I don’t see huge differences in the offense.

Edited by mjkp64

20 minutes ago, mjkp64 said:

Interesting. Murray certainly did ok last week. Did Chicago focus more on him? Why hasn’t Thomas regressed?

Kamara has been alright, but not what people drafted him to be. Yes, the injury also hurts. But I don’t see huge differences in the offense.

You do realize that the bears run D has been terrible right? You’re talking about the same bears D who Josh Jacobs and the raiders spanked. 

Kamara is more versatile and is used differently than Murray. He’ll be fine once Brees comes back. You’re kidding yourself if you say that the offense isn’t different with Bridgewater under center.  

28 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

You do realize that the bears run D has been terrible right? You’re talking about the same bears D who Josh Jacobs and the raiders spanked. 

Kamara is more versatile and is used differently than Murray. He’ll be fine once Brees comes back. You’re kidding yourself if you say that the offense isn’t different with Bridgewater under center.  

Your initial contention ... a big reason Kamara has not been as good is because Brees is out and defenses can focus on Kamara. I don’t agree with that. NO has plenty of weapons and Thomas has been doing fine. The offense has been doing alright. It’s when the passing game isn’t working that defenses can focus on a runner.

You also replied to my comment about CMC saying his production hasn’t gone down because Allen is an accurate passer. Actually, if you go look at the numbers, Allen’s numbers this season are not any better than Teddy’s.

So, I disagree with your analysis on that. The one thing you said I do agree with, CMC is a better talent than Kamara. I think that is the better point here, and again, I should have drafted CMC.

Edited by mjkp64

6 minutes ago, mjkp64 said:

Your initial contention ... a big reason Kamara has not been as good is because Brees is out and defenses can focus on Kamara. I don’t agree with that. NO has plenty of weapons and Thomas has been doing fine. The offense has been doing alright. It’s when the passing game isn’t working that defenses can focus on a runner.

You also replied to my comment about CMC saying his production hasn’t gone down because Allen is an accurate passer. Actually, if you go look at the numbers, Allen’s numbers this season are not any better then Teddy’s.

So I disagree with your analysis on that. The one thing you said I do agree with, CMC is a better talent than Kamara. I think that is the better point here, and again, I should have drafted CMC.

Agree that CMC is a better talent than Kamara.  

And he was shut down by the Bucs. Twice really.  

As much as I like Kamara, he’s certainly not matchup proof.  And if Murray is getting significant touches, Kamara could be very disappointing.

I drafted him over CMC because I just didn’t believe CMC could hold up to the kind of touches he got last season.  And banked on Kamaras efficiency with the Saints offense.  As well as his durability. 

Whoops

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tatddy said:

Brees is playing. Makes me think AK will as well. Boo for me good for y’all. 

The Saints never brought another RB in after waiving Zenner.  AK is absolutely dressing tomorrow, the only question is what kind of work load he'll get.