Gohawks

Alvin Kamara 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Because he got 30 touches against bad teams? Murray has been used as a workhorse for just one season in his career, other that coaches have always deployed him in a timeshare. Payton always preferred a timeshare. I dont see that changing.

It’s easier when your OLine are good and when defenses have to account for Michael Thomas. Kamara didn’t exactly shine against a Rams D who started the year terribly or even the Bucs D. Don’t matter how bad teams are. The RB still needs to do something with the touches which is what Murray has done. Again, not saying Kamara is a better RB. Just saying that Murray has definitely earned the Ingram roll going forward 

2 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

It’s easier when your OLine are good and when defenses have to account for Michael Thomas. Kamara didn’t exactly shine against a Rams D who started the year terribly or even the Bucs D. Don’t matter how bad teams are. The RB still needs to do something with the touches which is what Murray has done. Again, not saying Kamara is a better RB. Just saying that Murray has definitely earned the Ingram roll going forward 

So your saying Kamara struggled in a game where Brees when out with injury? Bucs D shut down CMC. Their run D is legit.

Murray has defiantly earned the Ingram role but thats exactly what Payton signed him to do right?

Kamara’s numbers were better when ingram was there.  I see this as a good thing moving forward.  Brees being back only helps.

There was laughing last week when I called Murray >>> Kamara.  There is less laughing and more nerves this week. Murray is clearly superior. Kamara done as an RB 1. Great top 3 pick.

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, pepper11 said:

There was laughing last week when I called Murray >>> Kamara.  There is less laughing and more nerves this week. Murray is clearly superior. Kamara done as an RB 1. Great top 3 pick.

Kamara is done? What an overreaction. 😂

Both of them will eat with Kamara eating a little more. I own Murray, but not Kamara. Satisfied with what I can get out of the situation bc the Ingram role provides nice value 

13 minutes ago, pepper11 said:

Just no.

8 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Just no.

Yeah. I am sure two 20 point games going into week 10 was what you were wanting going into week 10 when you drafted this guy top 3. When the clearly superior 'backup' puts up 30 back to back. Anyone watching the games would take Murray ros easy.

Edited by pepper11
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pepper11 said:

Yeah. I am sure two 20 point games going into week 10 was what you were wanting going into week 10 when you drafted this guy top 3. When the clearly superior 'backup' puts up 30 back to back. Anyone watching the games would take Murray ros easy.

Players get hurt, and players replace them in the starting lineup. Sometimes the replacements produce, sometimes they don't. The one thing that doesn't happen is a premier talent at a given position getting replaced by an NFL journeyman because said journeyman had a couple good games. 

Kamara is a better real life player and a better fantasy player than Murray. The fact I even have to say that shows just how far this thread has fallen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Players get hurt, and players replace them in the starting lineup. Sometimes the replacements produce, sometimes they don't. The one thing that doesn't happen is a premier talent at a given position getting replaced by an NFL journeyman because said journeyman had a couple good games. 

Kamara is a better real life player and a better fantasy player than Murray. The fact I even have to say that shows just how far this thread has fallen. 

Anyone who thinks Murray will take the starting gig is dreaming. 

But giving them both 15 touches each week isn’t dreaming. Kamara is a RB1 with his efficiency, not workload.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pepper11 said:

The only laughing is directed at you. 

And I love Latavius, but he is no Kamara. Sorry

11 minutes ago, munde53 said:

A good couple of games? Do you know how many RBs have put up back to back 30 point games this year? ONE. His name is Murray. And he is 2 for 2 at this in games he started.  He is not some scrub filling in before Kamara takes back the reigns. He is producing like Kamara has not. 

Edited by pepper11
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pepper11 said:

A good couple of games? Do you know how many RBs have put up back to back 30 point games this year? ONE. His name is Murray. And he is 2 for 2 at this in games he started.  He is not some scrub filling in before Kamara takes back the reigns. He is producing like Kamara has not. 

Is this your first year watching football? Have you already forgotten about Deangelo Williams and Leveon Bell? Lemme guess you drafted Damien WIlliams too cause obviously only a special RB can put up numbers like him last year

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pepper11 said:

Enjoy your first year watching the NFL and playing fantasy football. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, pepper11 said:

As great as his production has been the last 2 games, he's had CMC/Fournette workloads the last 2 weeks, and behind the NO o-line he's gonna eat and any competent RB would.  Kamara has 1 game with Brees under his belt, he'll return to form after the bye, and maybe Murray gets a bit more work to make him flex worthy.  There's a reason the Saints went out at as soon as free agency opened and signed Murray, knowing he could deliver exactly these types of performances.  Does everyone forget what he did with the Vikes in the bellcow role last season?  Murray is great, Kamara is amazing, and the NO o-line just makes any RB in this offense with usage produce at a high level.

3 hours ago, pepper11 said:

This is a really poor take... with all due respect. 

Kamara owners should be a little concerned because Murray should be getting some more touches moving forward.  With that being said, it may not be a bad thing for Kamara. I haven’t watched him play a lot this year but he was putting up better numbers when Ingram was around. 
could be a win win for Murray and Kamara owners. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Under500Forever said:

Kamara owners should be a little concerned because Murray should be getting some more touches moving forward.  With that being said, it may not be a bad thing for Kamara. I haven’t watched him play a lot this year but he was putting up better numbers when Ingram was around. 
could be a win win for Murray and Kamara owners. 

I agree. When used in tandem, Ingram would run hard & tire the defense a bit, maybe get them used to his 'speed' for a few plays or drive & then they'd throw Kamara out there and it was like someone hit fast-forward and the D just couldn't match the speed.

Even in college at Tennessee, Kamara had Jalen Hurd or John Kelly starting ahead of him & they'd bring Kamara in as a change of pace guy or at least play the hot hand. UT didn't use those 3 nearly as well as they could have because Butch Jones is about as inept a head coach as it gets but that's off-topic.

Long story short, AK is best used in tandem with another RB, not as a workhorse.

11 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

I agree. When used in tandem, Ingram would run hard & tire the defense a bit, maybe get them used to his 'speed' for a few plays or drive & then they'd throw Kamara out there and it was like someone hit fast-forward and the D just couldn't match the speed.

Even in college at Tennessee, Kamara had Jalen Hurd or John Kelly starting ahead of him & they'd bring Kamara in as a change of pace guy or at least play the hot hand. UT didn't use those 3 nearly as well as they could have because Butch Jones is about as inept a head coach as it gets but that's off-topic.

Long story short, AK is best used in tandem with another RB, not as a workhorse.

Plus long term, he maintains durability if he gets the ball in space or bounces to the outside rather than up the gut. Higher quality touches over number of touches is key for someone like Kamara.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WaiverLooter said:

Plus long term, he maintains durability if he gets the ball in space or bounces to the outside rather than up the gut. Higher quality touches over number of touches is key for someone like Kamara.

This. Kamara is at his best when he is getting 12 or so carries in misdirection plays or in the red zone and also has 6-8 catches where he is out in space. 

Brees hit him deep last year a few times when he was split out wide. 

While Brees was out Kamara did a remarkable job with his carries and broke plenty of tackles but it’s not the type of usage we really want. 

14 hours ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Dancing with swishers in his headband on his bye week(check his insta story) . We good boys 😂 

inb4 "random" drug test

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Dancing with swishers in his headband on his bye week(check his insta story) . We good boys 😂 

I wonder what flavor? 🤔

• Like 1

I have never seem more false optimism in my life. "Less carries are better for his outlook". "He is better as a 1A" "Give me 10 quality carries not 30 carries".

This is the biggest BS thread I have ever seen on here. Its like the Josh Gordon thread for first round picks. You all drafted him top 3 to get 10 carries and get outplayed by Murray? This guy is a bust. Murray is better and he was drafted in the 7th. 

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, pepper11 said:

I have never seem more false optimism in my life. "Less carries are better for his outlook". "He is better as a 1A" "Give me 10 quality carries not 30 carries".

This is the biggest BS thread I have ever seen on here. Its like the Josh Gordon thread for first round picks. You all drafted him top 3 to get 10 carries and get outplayed by Murray? This guy is a bust. Murray is better and he was drafted in the 7th. 

I own Murray and don’t own Kamara, and this is a ridiculous take. 

Best comparison is i could see the back field being more like Green Bay’s backfield this year.