Alvin Kamara 2019 Outlook

22 hours ago, jumboJET85 said:

In 5 Career games vs Tampa Bay

50.8 Rushing  Yards

6.4 Rec

71.6 Receiving Yards

1.2 TDs

So history says 18.2 points as a floor. 

I'm playing him. Double it. Fly you fools.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, pepper11 said:

That was before Murray. Floor is 5 points. Ceiling about 12.

Last week was easily NO’s worst offensive game in years. Bounce back 30+pt performance incoming!

• Like 1

I'll take 22 points vs the #1 run defense. Who was the primary back in the red zone? From looking at Brees highlights, it looks like Kamara

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat

On 11/15/2019 at 9:53 PM, cousinal111 said:

He'll have over 5 in 1st quarter.

Saints bouncing back after post bye week turd.

Kamara had 8 last time I looked in 1st quarter with 4 minutes left. 

Ok wanted to see RB touches to inside the 10.  

(3:06 - 1st) A.Kamara left tackle to TB 4 for 3 yards (J.Pierre-Paul).

(2:21 - 1st) A.Kamara left end for 4 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on NO-J.Cook, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at TB 4 - No Play.

(1:34 - 1st) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass short middle to L.Murray to TB 8 for 3 yards (D.White)

(7:13 - 2nd) (Shotgun) A.Kamara right guard to TB 8 for 7 yards (M.Edwards).

(6:34 - 2nd) L.Murray up the middle to TB 6 for 2 yards (W.Gholston).

(5:57 - 2nd) D.Brees pass short right to A.Kamara pushed ob at TB 3 for 3 yards (D.White).

(7:37 - 3rd) A.Kamara left end pushed ob at TB 3 for 14 yards (J.Whitehead). PENALTY on NO-J.Cook, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at TB 5.

(6:57 - 3rd) A.Kamara up the middle to TB 9 for 1 yard (N.Suh).

(6:15 - 3rd) D.Brees pass short middle to A.Kamara to TB 6 for 3 yards (D.White).

8-2 in favor of Kamara, so we can't really complain about the usage near the end zone. TDs will come. Also screw Jared Cook

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat

All of a sudden this year Kamara is allergic to the end zone.  Can this guy ever score?  He's playing Carolina this week.  They have been shredded by rb's.  Can we FINALLY get a blowup game.

Obviously Kamara owners wish they had CMC but I think it's setting up nicely for the home stretch for teams still in good shape. He's healthy and leading the backfield and Brees is back. Hoping for some monster games in the fantasy playoffs

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

All of a sudden this year Kamara is allergic to the end zone.  Can this guy ever score?  He's playing Carolina this week.  They have been shredded by rb's.  Can we FINALLY get a blowup game.

He had a 4 yard touchdown run called back due to an unnecessary hold by Cook. 

Just wondering how Kamara’s looked this year. I’ve been offered him in a trade for Ezekiel Elliot. Haven’t seen much of him this year but looks like he had a good game on the weekend. Back to his old self?

3 minutes ago, Starz12345 said:

Just wondering how Kamara’s looked this year. I’ve been offered him in a trade for Ezekiel Elliot. Haven’t seen much of him this year but looks like he had a good game on the weekend. Back to his old self?

I think he will have a great ROS. The Saints run through Kamara and it showed last week. 

On 11/18/2019 at 10:02 AM, Islanderman said:

He will score this week guaranteed. 25+ points incoming

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Ya idk at this point. 19.2 PPR is fine but man what does he have to do to score a TD??

change his name to latavius murray

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Ya idk at this point. 19.2 PPR is fine but man what does he have to do to score a TD??

It's deceiving. Approximately 7 of those points (give or take) came on the final drive when the Saints were positioning for the final score. This is at least the 2nd time in the last few weeks, we've been bailed out on the final drive.

We didn't draft AK to be Nyheim Hines. We drafted AK to score 12+ TD's AND get receptions AND receiving yards AND rushing yards EVEN WITH Murray.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

It's deceiving. Approximately 7 of those points (give or take) came on the final drive when the Saints were positioning for the final score. This is at least the 2nd time in the last few weeks, we've been bailed out on the final drive.

We didn't draft AK to be Nyheim Hines. We drafted AK to score 12+ TD's AND get receptions AND receiving yards AND rushing yards EVEN WITH Murray.

I mean yes that's why we have Kamara but also Kamara is only trailing CMC, COok, Ekeler, and Aaron Jones in PPG, ahead of the guy taken behind him Zeke. 

Bust city. Anyone watching can see Murray is better. I said this 6 weeks ago. Finally others coming on board.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Kamara must still be limited. In years past this dude was getting more touches. He comes out every time in the red zone. He is not in there on 3rd down plays. This is so frustrating playing against this guy in years past you knew he was going for 30+ points. This year its not even 20. And in the same game watching McCaffrey score 2 more times. 

22 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Kamara must still be limited. In years past this dude was getting more touches. He comes out every time in the red zone. He is not in there on 3rd down plays. This is so frustrating playing against this guy in years past you knew he was going for 30+ points. This year its not even 20. And in the same game watching McCaffrey score 2 more times. 

It is weird. 

His touches/game, yards/game, yards/touch are all pretty much the same as they've always been.

But he scored 1.0 TDs/game in 2017+2018 (31 in 31 games), while this year he's only scored twice in 9 games.

No idea how to account for a 75% drop in his TD rate.

Murray has 6 TDs.

Their scoring 5-8 points less per game this year than the previous two, but crazy that the TD/game drop in production has come almost entirely at the expense of Kamara 

All that tells me is to buckle up for the next few weeks. If you lasted into the playoffs dragging Kamara with, you will be rewarded spectacularly. Hopefully you have him paired with a guy like Henry, no one will stand a chance. League winner, as long as you got there without much help from him.

1 hour ago, Islanderman said:

Clearly not injured or limited or they wouldn't have him returning punts (which gives me anxiety every time it happens). Its simply a lack of TDs which there isn't an explanation for. 

1 minute ago, pepper11 said:

Did you see the play today where Murray blasted through the hole for a 25 yard score. Because I did and I haven't seen Kamara do that all year.  I am not the only one saying Kamara a bust these days - everyone joining the bandwagon now. 

Kamara had a 30 yard run today 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1