Gohawks

Alvin Kamara 2019 Outlook

Getting hard to defend this guy.  Love the talent and the offense but something isn't right.  The opportunity is there - 11 rush attempts and 8 targets = 19 opportunities.  I believe that's on par with a usual game from AK.  61 Yards on 11 attempts is over 5.5 YPC, higher than his 5.0 career YPC.

As someone laid out before 2 things not going AK's way this year are 1) obviously the TDs, but his YPR is WAYYYY down.  His YPR on the season now is 6.9, well below his career average, but last night's game of 4 catches and 23 yards gives him 5.75 per reception - gross. What's happened to these hugs chunk plays in the passing game? I remember last year Kamara was unguardable on those option routes and Brees force fed him the ball and it was like 10+ yards a clip.  Mid-season ankle injuries are never good (see Barkley) so I'm going to chalk it up for now that the ankle is maybe still a bit lingering.

Plus Taysom F'N Hill vultured 2 TDs last night.

Not calling Kamara a bust yet.  Too talented a player and too good an offense to give up on and no shot I'm benching him. Again compared to the other top 24 draft picks from this year, Kamara has been very good.  Solid floor so far but we need more ceiling games.

Edited by Fort4242

He’s gone double digits for me every week he’s played but week 2. But missing the boom weeks. I feel for owners whose teams fizzled out but those who manage to make playoff runs maybe this guy can make it right eventually. Maybe

2 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Getting hard to defend this guy.  Love the talent and the offense but something isn't right.  The opportunity is there - 11 rush attempts and 8 targets = 19 opportunities.  I believe that's on par with a usual game from AK.  61 Yards on 11 attempts is over 5.5 YPC, higher than his 5.0 career YPC.

As someone laid out before 2 things not going AK's way this year are 1) obviously the TDs, but his YPR is WAYYYY down.  His YPR on the season now is 6.9, well below his career average, but last night's game of 4 catches and 23 yards gives him 5.75 per reception - gross. What's happened to these hugs chunk plays in the passing game? I remember last year Kamara was unguardable on those option routes and Brees force fed him the ball and it was like 10+ yards a clip.  Mid-season ankle injuries are never good (see Barkley) so I'm going to chalk it up for now that the ankle is maybe still a bit lingering.

Plus Taysom F'N Hill vultured 2 TDs last night.

Not calling Kamara a bust yet.  Too talented a player and too good an offense to give up on and no shot I'm benching him. Again compared to the other top 24 draft picks from this year, Kamara has been very good.  Solid floor so far but we need more ceiling games.

Ill give you 1, but a 30 yard run is not being vultured

• Like 1

This guy is the biggest bust of 2019 and no one will admit it. Never seen anything like this. 

Edited by pepper11

49 minutes ago, pepper11 said:

This guy is the biggest bust of 2019 and no one will admit it. Never seen anything like this. 

Barkley, Mixon,, Conner, Adams. 

1 hour ago, pepper11 said:

I'm sorry, that honor goes to David Johnson.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pepper11 said:

He has been disappointing fantasy wise and he hasn't lived up to what he did last season but this statement is ridiculous and untrue. 

7 hours ago, pepper11 said:

He's still ranked 10th in RB points per game in my league. Disappointing but definitely not a bust.

Edited by Evincar

8 minutes ago, Evincar said:

He's still ranked 10th in RB points per game in my league. Disappointing but definitely not a bust.

David Johnson's 2018 season 2.0 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

How many RBs will be drafted ahead of Kamara next season?

(pending free agency, etc), i would prefer:

CMC, Cook, Saquon, Zeke, Hendry, Jacobs, Chubb 🤷‍♂️

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1

I think one of the biggest things were missing with this is the Saints offense in general. They are not that machine from years past. They are struggling. Brees doesn’t throw long anymore. And to me for some reason Kamaras routes out of the backfield don’t look the same. This guy used to break long plays off the pass. Whats the longest play this year, 20 yards. Everything is dink and dunk for 5 yards. It’s not working. 

8 hours ago, pepper11 said:

You’re just a salty owner. Has he lived up to where he drafted, no, but he is far from a bust. He has 2 TDs all year and is still the #10rb in PPR which makes him a low end RB1 and that’s even taking into account he missed two games. He’ll likely still be a borderline first rounder next year so no way he’s even close to a bust.

1 hour ago, Silkk1211 said:

You’re just a salty owner. Has he lived up to where he drafted, no, but he is far from a bust. He has 2 TDs all year and is still the #10rb in PPR which makes him a low end RB1 and that’s even taking into account he missed two games. He’ll likely still be a borderline first rounder next year so no way he’s even close to a bust.

He’s a Murray owner. He’s been trolling the Kamara thread for months. Too bad his prediction of Murray taking over the backfield failed miserably or else he’d really have some great material 

1 hour ago, Silkk1211 said:

2 TD in one game... unfortunately

11 hours ago, pepper11 said:

Julio.  Neither has scored since Week Three.  They might be the same guy.

11 hours ago, pepper11 said:

It's hilarious what you consider a bust to be. Top 3 pick and he's still top a top 10 RB and top 8 RB in PPG. Would you have rather had Barkley, Johnson, or Gurley. Or even Zeke who's about the same as Kamara? Or would you have rathered Julio or Adams? I mean all of these guys were going in the first (or there abouts) and are much bigger busts than Kamara.

49ers Vs Bucs - 26 carries 121 yards 0 Tds

49ers Vs Benglas - 19 carries 25 yards 0 Tds

49ers Vs Steelers - 22 carries 79 yards 0 Tds

49ers Vs Browns - 18 carries 102 yards 0 Tds

49ers Vs Rams - 22 carries 109 yards 1 Td

49ers Vs Redskins - 26 carries 104 yards 0 Tds

49ers Vs Panthers - 19 carries 130 yards 1 Td (Kamara imo is similar to Cmc)

49ers Vs Cardinals - 23 carries 153 yards 1 Td

49ers Vs Seahawks - 34 carries 147 yards 1 Td

49ers Vs Cardinals - 25 carries 135 yards 1 Td

49ers Vs Packers - 28 carries 117 yards 0 Td

49ers Vs Ravens - 38 carries 178 yards 1 Td

They give up on average 116.7 on the ground and 116.3 through the air to opposing teams.

Each stat line is the team as whole but Rbs are having success against them, I think Kamara can hurt them in the passing game. 

Edited by iretirefromfantasy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

here_lies.jpg

With that attitude I would assume you didnt make the playoffs? Get that negative Nancy attitude out of here kind sir! We need positivity!

8 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

With that attitude I would assume you didnt make the playoffs? Get that negative Nancy attitude out of here kind sir! We need positivity!

Amazingly, I am still alive, in spite of these two guys.  

ETA: I guess I should give some credit to Julio for sitting out last week, allowing me to start Devin Singletary and actually get a touchdown.

Edited by Bastardo!