Gohawks

Alvin Kamara 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Is this guy even a first round pick next year? What an epic bust

I think he is a flex...fairly safe floor. Ceiling is non existent. I wasted my #3 pick on him this year and won’t take the chance again. 

1 minute ago, McTavish79 said:

I think he is a flex...fairly safe floor. Ceiling is non existent. I wasted my #3 pick on him this year and won’t take the chance again. 

He's basically James White

5 minutes ago, yanksman said:

No, but he’ll still go top 50. His upside alone will keep him in RB2 territory imo.

Edited by Theoneupper

How the hell does he go from last year to this? I just can’t wrap my head around it. He was unstoppable last year

He will bounce back next year. I don’t really think he fully healed from his high ankle sprain. The explosive plays should be back next year. 

5 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Bunch of idiots on reddit benching him this week. He's going to make evryonee look silly when he gets 25 ppr points 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The worst thing about Kamara's performance this year is the two weeks (7/8) his missed due to injury. Latavius Murray came in and tore it up in both games. They treated him like the workhorse Kamara was meant to be and he delivered......then Kamara comes back and hasn't come close to that level of performance despite ample opportunity and great match ups.

Gotta think the injury has lingered more then they have let on. He doesn’t have that same elusive quickness he displayed in the past.

I think him along with Barkley might turn out to be value steals next year. 

2 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Gotta think the injury has lingered more then they have let on. He doesn’t have that same elusive quickness he displayed in the past.

I think him along with Barkley might turn out to be value steals next year. 

Agree, I'm high on Barkley and I would be Kamara too had I not owned him this year. Not sure I could pick him again unless he slips way beyond his ADP.

I doubt Barkley will be a steal next year. He's already looking himself again and will likely finish the year well. That combined with a new coach and Daniel Jones sophomore year will have him at the top of every fantasy analysts draft.

Kamara on the other hand, yeah there's a good chance he'll fly under the radar a little.

He's only averaging 2 less rushing yards per game and 7 less receiving yards than last year. Some of it may have to do with defenses focusing on him more (which may have opened things up for the Thomas monster season). I think mostly it's just he was  unlucky with TDs this year and probably somewhat lucky last year.

As for next year, he's probably never going to have the same volume as a CMC or Barkely so that limits him to a degree. A Brees potential retirement could also impact his value. As long as Brees is there I still don't think I'd let him get past 10 in PPR leagues.

9 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

He's only averaging 2 less rushing yards per game and 7 less receiving yards than last year. Some of it may have to do with defenses focusing on him more (which may have opened things up for the Thomas monster season). I think mostly it's just he was  unlucky with TDs this year and probably somewhat lucky last year.

As for next year, he's probably never going to have the same volume as a CMC or Barkely so that limits him to a degree. A Brees potential retirement could also impact his value. As long as Brees is there I still don't think I'd let him get past 10 in PPR leagues.

Volatility on touchdowns is scary because they're hard to come by. He doesn't get the yardage to comfortability score you 10-15 in non-PPR. I think he's a DND for me next year unless he's in the late 2nd-3rd. 

In PPR he has the 3rd highest floor of RBs behind Cook and CMC. Every other RB would be so screwed without TDs but Kamara is still the #11 RB despite missing 2 games and #8 in PPR Points per game. If he falls to late 1st, he's going to be a steal imo

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat

If there was ever a time for this cat to hit the house and appease the faithful, that time is now. I saw on twitter he tweeted a bunch of laughing emojis after last game indicating he thinks Kamara owners are comical to him. 

MFER get in the end zone and laugh there. 

He just hasn't had much in the way of opportunities either. It has been a strange, strange season.

I am lucky that both spots I own him I am in the title game. Def not sitting him now, hopefully regression monster comes out hard this week!

On 12/17/2019 at 8:54 AM, fletch44 said:

That and he’s been barely been used within the 10 this year - a lot of his TD production came from that proximity previously.

Payton is definitely masking a Kamara injury - I hate it when head coaches try to keep the idea going that an injured player is legit starter or a legit x-factor if he is cleared to play - its like a singer passing off a lip sync performance as "live" - it fools no one, defense sees Kamara trot out and their thinking "easy job stopping the ground game today!" a fully healthy Kamara is an essential part of the Saints red zone offense and Kamara isn't getting the rz reps

He is averaging nearly 97 scrimmage yards per game, 4.5 yards per carry, and over 6 catches per game. 

He has just had a bizarre year with Brees out for awhile, a High ankle sprain, and really bad luck with Taysom Hill/Josh Hill/insert role player TDs. 

Edited by johnnyboy8102

On 12/16/2019 at 10:39 PM, yanksman said:

if he finishes the season strong I can see him going as a mid-second to early-third round pick. Kinda similar to where Aaron Jones was drafted this year.

I think he’ll be a top candidate for a bounce back season. I definitely wouldn’t let this one season make him an automatic DND. I think the Saints were just overly cautious with his usage and really didn’t need to use him as much to win this year.