Gohawks

Alvin Kamara 2019 Outlook

14 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Kamara will still go in the first round! No way he lands in the second or third.

Look at how Todd Gurley’s ADP dropped significantly after his underwhelming 2016 season. And then in 2017 he bounced back huge and won a lot of his owners championships. And in that case we all had Jeff Fischer to blame, and it still affected his ADP.

I’m not sure exactly how far Kamara’s draft stock will fall, but unless he really puts on a show in the postseason I can’t see him staying in the first round.

He won’t fall past the first round. His usage, efficiency, and yards from scrimmage per game is close to the same just his TDs are down. A guy with 100 yards from scrimmage and 6+ catches per game can always be part of my roster. 

14 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

He won’t fall past the first round. His usage, efficiency, and yards from scrimmage per game is close to the same just his TDs are down. A guy with 100 yards from scrimmage and 6+ catches per game can always be part of my roster. 

He only went over 100 total yards 6 times this season, and one of those six was yesterday where a lot of his owners had already been eliminated.

That being said, after reviewing the top fantasy performers from this season in considering next years rankings, you’re right there’s no way he’ll slip past the 1st round. The only guys I can see solidly ranked above him would probably be cmc/Saquon/Dalvin/Zeke/MThomas and maybe Chubb. I think he’ll end up being one of those guys you take with the 10/11/12th pick and pair with an elite WR.

As long as he’s tied to Brees/Payton and the team doesn’t draft a rb early, I don’t see Kamara falling out of the first round. There’s typically question marks (qb, offense, coaching etc) in the back half of the 1st round and Kamara doesn’t have many.

Kamara in PPR is overall RB11 so far, and RB8 on a per-game average (as he missed two due to injury). And that's in a down year. 

In PPR, I don't see him dropping past late first round at the worst, barring external events (Brees retiring, Saints drafting or acquiring a stud RB as a backfield mate, etc). I'd still trust him to recover, and he's such a critical part of the offense that he's very rarely going to have a bad week. Some are more stellar than others, but rarely are they <10pts. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JDE said:

He only went over 100 total yards 6 times this season, and one of those six was yesterday where a lot of his owners had already been eliminated.

That being said, after reviewing the top fantasy performers from this season in considering next years rankings, you’re right there’s no way he’ll slip past the 1st round. The only guys I can see solidly ranked above him would probably be cmc/Saquon/Dalvin/Zeke/MThomas and maybe Chubb. I think he’ll end up being one of those guys you take with the 10/11/12th pick and pair with an elite WR.

He carried me in the afternoon and showed up for me when it mattered most, been on this train since inception and not getting off anytime soon. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZappB said:

Without thinking too much about it, late 1st round feels right. 

yeah, I don’t see him falling any lower than that. Every podcast will have him as a bounce back candidate.

Posted (edited)

New thread 

Edited by affliction