Fantasy Gooroo

Le'Veon Bell 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, devaster said:

Because you have been wrong with every one of your takes so far?

Watch it there, chief.  I was one of the earliest voices on this forum to predict that Bell would sit out for all of 2018.  I understand Bell far better than you do.

"There are none so blind as those who will not see."

5 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Can't wait to watch Gase and Bell on the sidelines if the Jets start to struggle this season.

If they start to struggle?

The Jet's are really not that good of a team, on paper they look like they improved from last year but nothing they have done says playoff contender

• Like 1

What?  The NFL Network is hyping one of the highest paid running backs in the league?

Astonishing journalism.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 6:20 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Watch it there, chief.  I was one of the earliest voices on this forum to predict that Bell would sit out for all of 2018.  I understand Bell far better than you do.

"There are none so blind as those who will not see."

how does gase handle rbs in his offense? serious question, not sure if they plan on absolutely using him as a bellcow no pun intended. his draft range is so unknown imo. top 6? top 12, not sure what to expect.

6 minutes ago, floppy said:

how does gase handle rbs in his offense? serious question, not sure if they plan on absolutely using him as a bellcow no pun intended. his draft range is so unknown imo. top 6? top 12, not sure what to expect.

Im afraid to touch the guy personally. I think running behind that line in Pittsburg with AB pulling the secondary back probably helped more than bell realizes. 

19 minutes ago, floppy said:

Gase had Ajayi and Drake in Miami but he did not like the way they played (too many long TD runs, apparently) so he shipped Ajayi out and shelved Drake 50% of the time in favor of Frank Gore.

So Bell had better be on his toes.  And the Jets just re-signed New York Football's answer to Rasputin, Bilal Powell.

Caveat Emptor.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Caveat Emptor

I think that means "empty cave" and it refers to the space where Gase's brain used to be, right?

Yes, very much buyer beware. I'll stay clear from the Jets for the foreseeable time.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, floppy said:

how does gase handle rbs in his offense? serious question, not sure if they plan on absolutely using him as a bellcow no pun intended. 

No doubt in my mind at all. It'd be insane even for Gase not to. Really, who else do they have?

But that is also a problem.....teams will key on him big time. 

42 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So Bell had better be on his toes.

we all know that bell's patience is exceptional, and he's always led the league in time spent behind the line of scrimmage as he waits for avenues to open.

seems to me the jets offensive line will be perfect to maintain this statistic...

just that bell's time behind the line of scrimmage won't be intentional this season.

ngspdecv6sgjpxzxcy6b

• Haha 1

On 5/24/2019 at 9:57 PM, psygolf said:

Cardinal Edgerrin James 2.0

I miss the days when the Cards just kept getting older backs past their prime and squeezing out whatever juice they had left.   Also, i can absolutely see Bell going this route, good nostalgic nod here. 

• Thanks 1

I don't see that as a valid comparison. James was basically done when he signed with the Cards. Bell has plenty of gas in the tank. 

• Haha 1

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Le'Veon Bell was mostly invisible in the offseason, skipping voluntary workouts, but he will be omnipresent once the season starts. He will be here, there and everywhere for the New York Jets: a running back. A slot receiver. A wide receiver. A workhorse. A decoy at times.

A game-changer for the offense -- or so they hope.

Jets coach Adam Gase has a chessboard in his mind, and he envisions Bell, 27, as the one player he can move anywhere on the board. How they integrate his unique skill set into the offense will be one of the season's most compelling storylines. Even though they had him in the spring for only two minicamp practices, the Jets are thinking big.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/80191/leveon-bell-effect-how-the-jets-star-can-impact-everyone-around-him

• Haha 1

If he’s healthy he could very well lead the league in touches. The main question mark is how effective he will be with those touches. I like bell this year personally, he’s #5 off my board right now. I like the way Darnold improved towards the end of the year 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Breesus said:

If he’s healthy he could very well lead the league in touches. The main question mark is how effective he will be with those touches. I like bell this year personally, he’s #5 off my board right now. I like the way Darnold improved towards the end of the year 

The question is what dope Gase will be smoking.

image.png.e6a92cb1c309f47a55abd0787e36f2f3.png

These are the Offenses under Gase; 2013/2014 as OC for Peyton Manning, then one year in Chicago with Matt Forte, 2016 HC in MIami with Jay Ajayi, and after that an unmitigated mess.

Gase only once had an RB with 300 touches; generally he has an RB1 with 250 and an RB2 with 100-150. Of course you may say that Gase never had Leveon Bell, and that's fair, but I honestly think that Adam Gase is the biggest question mark for Bell in 2019. I think you should expect not a lot more than 240 rushes/60 targets, and he'll do well to get to 1200/8.

• Thanks 1

I have no idea what that chart means tbh and God knows I'm no Gase fan, but he had such diff players that it probably doesn't matter. 

Also Gase never had a RB with 300 touches but that is a meangingless stat, because almost no one ever does.  (Just one RB in the entire league each of the last 4 yrs and one of those it was Bell)

1 hour ago, bomont said:

I have no idea what that chart means tbh and God knows I'm no Gase fan, but he had such diff players that it probably doesn't matter

Ranking of his offense out of 32 NFL teams. #1 is best, #32 is worst.

1 hour ago, bomont said:

Also Gase never had a RB with 300 touches but that is a meangingless stat, because almost no one ever does.  (Just one RB in the entire league each of the last 4 yrs and one of those it was Bell)

You mean 22 in the last 4 years, right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bomont said:
7 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I have no idea what that chart means tbh and God knows I'm no Gase fan, but he had such diff players that it probably doesn't matter. 

the chart is clearly le'veon bell's nucleic acid structure shown in a blue-orange double helix with gase's single-strand DNA in gray.

it proves that gase does not have the genetics to coach an RB with exceptional talent.

FluidUnpleasantAfricanhornbill-small.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

the chart is clearly le'veon bell's nucleic acid structure shown in a blue-orange double helix with gase's single-strand DNA in gray.

it proves that gase does not have the genetics to coach an RB with exceptional talent.

FluidUnpleasantAfricanhornbill-small.gif

Shall we call it a thread, lads?  Pretty sure Sack Exchange just won the internets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

Ranking of his offense out of 32 NFL teams. #1 is best, #32 is worst.

You mean 22 in the last 4 years, right?

Thx for the explanation.  As for the 22, I think I see the diff, you mean total touches? I thought you meant just rushes.

Edited by bomont

3 hours ago, bomont said:

I think the chart simply shows that Gase is unpredictable and will likely use Bell in many different ways including the passing game just like he says he will.

3 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

I think the chart simply shows that Gase is unpredictable and will likely use Bell in many different ways including the passing game just like he says he will.

It shows to me he has no idea how to run the show, and it's becoming more apparent each year.

I think he has no idea what to do with a guy like Bell.

1 minute ago, Boudewijn said:

It shows to me he has no idea how to run the show, and it's becoming more apparent each year.

I think he has no idea what to do with a guy like Bell.

I think you're right about that because he basically admitted as much. He's been talking about making it a point this emphasis to figure out how to get their money's worth out of Bell. I feel like he's going to run and pass the hell out of Bell even if that's not the best way to treat a RB. For FF purposes, that's great.

9 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

The question is what dope Gase will be smoking.

These are the Offenses under Gase; 2013/2014 as OC for Peyton Manning, then one year in Chicago with Matt Forte, 2016 HC in MIami with Jay Ajayi, and after that an unmitigated mess.

Gase only once had an RB with 300 touches; generally he has an RB1 with 250 and an RB2 with 100-150. Of course you may say that Gase never had Leveon Bell, and that's fair, but I honestly think that Adam Gase is the biggest question mark for Bell in 2019. I think you should expect not a lot more than 240 rushes/60 targets, and he'll do well to get to 1200/8.

Good info never knew that about Gase. I’d say Bell will warrant more touches than Gase’s average RB but this info you provided definitely isn’t a positive