Fantasy Gooroo

Le'Veon Bell 2019 Outlook

I'm not sold on Bell either, he is lazy, a primadona, he is talented but has no worth ethic.  He got paid that's all he cares about and he was great on the Steelers who prove over and over again any RB can flourish. From Connor, Samuels, Old DeAngelo it didn't matter.  Bell will be under 4 yards per carry and if he doesn't catch 50 plus passes like he used to in Pitts he won't return good value on that offense.  2nd pick maybe but not TOP 10.  Better off with Hopkins, Adams, Chubb, even Kelce.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

I'm not sold on Bell either, he is lazy, a primadona, he is talented but has no worth ethic.  He got paid that's all he cares about and he was great on the Steelers who prove over and over again any RB can flourish. From Connor, Samuels, Old DeAngelo it didn't matter.  Bell will be under 4 yards per carry and if he doesn't catch 50 plus passes like he used to in Pitts he won't return good value on that offense.  2nd pick maybe but not TOP 10.  Better off with Hopkins, Adams, Chubb, even Kelce.  

Imagine thinking a guy that is one of the best athletes on earth has no work ethic. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

39079s.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

It's weird to say this, but even with his own questions (new team, o-line, coaching) Bell seems like a decent way to mitigate risk in an early pick around his ADP. Barring injury he'll get a ton of carries and dump offs. I also think people are forgetting how good he was because of recency bias and him killing a lot of teams last year with the holdout. 

I think you need to do your best to ensure you get solid points out of round 1 and 2 especially and if I'm choosing between Bell and some other mid/late round RBs and even Zeke right now, Bell seems like a safer bet to get as much value out of that pick as I can.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, mortman212 said:

Care to provide any real analysis?

On 8/28/2019 at 8:32 AM, bangarrang said:

It's weird to say this, but even with his own questions (new team, o-line, coaching) Bell seems like a decent way to mitigate risk in an early pick around his ADP. Barring injury he'll get a ton of carries and dump offs. I also think people are forgetting how good he was because of recency bias and him killing a lot of teams last year with the holdout. 

I think you need to do your best to ensure you get solid points out of round 1 and 2 especially and if I'm choosing between Bell and some other mid/late round RBs and even Zeke right now, Bell seems like a safer bet to get as much value out of that pick as I can.

I’m picking 6th in PPR draft and I think I’m going with Bell assuming first 5 are the 4 elite RBs and then Hopkins. Bell vs Adams is a tough call for me, but I just think Bell is going to be a high end RB1 this year. I get that he’s in a worse situation than in Pitt, but I don’t think the jets offense will be that bad. Plus, look what Barkley did last year on a terrible Giants team. It could be dump off galore and the Jets I think are an improving offense 

In an unusual position for me at 9 of 12, I was worried that all the top RBs would be gone by the time I had a shot. To my pleasant surprise, Bell hung around, and I pulled the trigger without hesitation. Then, I grabbed Beckham and Fournette with my next two picks. I think this is the perfect way to get Bell, when you don't have to spend the highest level of draft capital on him as your RB1. You'll be well off to snag him as your RB1 in the late first and pair him with another solid starter before focusing on your pass-catchers. His upside is as high as anyone else at the position.

7 hours ago, bigblue592 said:

I’m picking 6th in PPR draft and I think I’m going with Bell assuming first 5 are the 4 elite RBs and then Hopkins. Bell vs Adams is a tough call for me, but I just think Bell is going to be a high end RB1 this year. I get that he’s in a worse situation than in Pitt, but I don’t think the jets offense will be that bad. Plus, look what Barkley did last year on a terrible Giants team. It could be dump off galore and the Jets I think are an improving offense 

Bell is completely different from barkley. Barkley is an ankle breaker. Freak athlete above Bell. Bell actually plays the game slow and uses his lineman more than probably any RB. He usually holds the ball for 1-2 seconds before even making a cut. If his line is bad. Bell is going to be bad. Which in my opinion is whats going to happen. Gase is also a terrible coach. Close to last in offense every year. I have no idea how these guys get fired and hired again. Anyway good luck. In my opinion he's a second round pick. Not a first round pick.

Just now, StevenSC400 said:

Bell is completely different from barkley. Barkley is an ankle breaker. Freak athlete above Bell. Bell actually plays the game slow and uses his lineman more than probably any RB. He usually holds the ball for 1-2 seconds before even making a cut. If his line is bad. Bell is going to be bad. Which in my opinion is whats going to happen. Gase is also a terrible coach. Close to last in offense every year. I have no idea how these guys get fired and hired again. Anyway good luck. In my opinion he's a second round pick. Not a first round pick.

How good coaches would do with Jay Cutler, Ryan tannehill and Brock osweiller. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

How good coaches would do with Jay Cutler, Ryan tannehill and Brock osweiller. 

You make it work. Keenum and Bradford both played well for the vikings. Foles won a super bowl in Philly etc. Its football. These guys aren't the best but they are professional athletes. The way he used his RBs made no sense either.

I think people forget how good this dude is.  There's one thing you can never teach a running back - vision, and he has it in spades.  Don't think he didn't hear all the chirping last year as well.  Motivated to prove all the haters wrong, I'm looking for a great year from LB.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/27/2019 at 10:47 AM, mortman212 said:

this right here. 

his last season in Pittsburgh he averaged less than 5 yds per touch ...  not per carry - per touch. 

and barely cracked double digit TDs (11 SCORES, ON 406 TOUCHES, MIND YOU)

that was on an offense featuring a HoF qb in his prime, and arguably the leeg's greatest wr.  not to mention a very good, to great, o-line.

... this ain't the 2017 Stillers, ya dig?  

guy was a volume HOG, and, no matter how ya slice it, that was a pedestrian 2017, given the peripherals in place to help him succeed ... it was Melvin Gordon-esque, so to speak. 

Bell also lacks breakaway speed, has a lengthy injury history, and is always a banana peel away from league disciplinary shennanigans due to his lunkhead nature. 

oh, and if all that all wasn't "meh" enough (and, by golly, don'tcha think it oughtta be?) he hasn't taken live ammo in damn near 20 months, and was virtually run into the ground during his peak years. 

but, yeah ... plenty to be excited about 🤳

AVOID. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 12:17 PM, mortman212 said:

NYC will be Check Down City this fall.

Edited by Spyplane

3 hours ago, TTo34 said:

I think people forget how good this dude is.  There's one thing you can never teach a running back - vision, and he has it in spades.  Don't think he didn't hear all the chirping last year as well.  Motivated to prove all the haters wrong, I'm looking for a great year from LB.

Its more fun to speculate about who he is as a human being and then merge that with biases to extrapolate football statistics.

If he performed like he did in Pittsburgh while not trying then he must have GOAT abilities. Just imagine him now in NYC with a chip on his shoulder.

• Haha 1

The Jets managed 4.0 YPC with Isaiah Crowell as their most talented play maker at the position and a rookie QB and some people think Bell won't even break 4.0 YPC. Riiiight.

Edited by Spyplane

24 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

NYC will be Check Down City this fall.

22 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Its more fun to speculate about who he is as a human being and then merge that with biases to extrapolate football statistics.

20 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

If he performed like he did in Pittsburgh while not trying then he must have GOAT abilities. Just imagine him now in NYC with a chip on his shoulder.

15 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

The Jets managed 4.0 YPC with Isaiah Crowell as their most talented play maker at the position and a rookie QB and some people think Bell won't even break 4.0 YPC. Riiiight.

Image result for train derail gif

Just now, Spyplane said:

Good point. Bell owners are going to mess up everyone's stuff.

🤣

admire your persistence, though i think you're going down in flames B)

gl, you're gonna need it. 

17 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Fortunate for me what you think doesn't determine my outcome.

Spyplane to the Bell troofers be like ...

4 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Good luck this season. 

back at ya - all in good fun ... been a very interesting preseason, glad to finally get it underway tomorrow night 👍

Jets: I know some people in the league aren't [head coach] Adam Gase guys, but I am. One thing that he does well is he lets loose trusted guys on offense. That's what will happen with [running back] Le'Veon Bell. If he stays healthy—big if, I knowhe's an MVP candidate. Gase will run him until his d--k falls off. (Writer's note: If that happened, it would be a first in NFL history.)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2851960-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-nfl-insiders-takes-on-every-team-before-kickoff

• Thanks 2