Fantasy Gooroo

Le'Veon Bell 2019 Outlook

Good grief, what an awful game. All that talk of extra carries, dude gets 9...I sure hope he can take advantage of the soft remaining schedule. Darnold is trash...

Edited by noles1983

Maybe Bell was better with Falk at QB lol. 

Darnold does not like checking the ball down. I counted a few times he forced balls down the field when Bell was open in the flat. Too bad he didn’t have a QB like Rivers. 

Even with an easy schedule, not feeling that confident anymore. 

Darnold can see f*cking ghosts out there but he can’t see Bell for a few check downs?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

But his schedule gets easier, right guys?

If he can’t produce against Miami. Forget it. It gets even better than Jacksonville, but I’m not very confident.

6 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

If he can’t produce against Miami. Forget it. It gets even better than Jacksonville, but I’m not very confident.

Outside of Oakland, Baltimore, and maybe Pittsburgh, he faces some of the worst defenses in the league against the run moving forward. And you have to think in Week 16 against Pittsburgh he should be pumped for that revenge game. See you in the 'ship guys!

It's really not Darnold's fault. Running backs are only as good as their offensive line. 

And the Jets' line is quite offensive. 

6 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

It's really not Darnold's fault. Running backs are only as good as their offensive line. 

And the Jets' line is quite offensive. 

This is true. It's not on Darnold.  If the OL is that bad (it truly is), it's up to the coaches to adjust to compensate for their ineptitude.

Take the Cardinals for example...their OL is as bad or worse than NYJ in terms of talent/depth. They use quick passes, a lot of screens and a ton of shotgun formation so their OL isn't depended on as much. Granted, it's Kliff Kingsbury air raid offense but you'd think after giving up 34 sacks in 7 games the Jets staff would try something different. 

Through 7 games, NYJ have 139 rushing attempts and not one has gone for 20 yards or more. Ugh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wayzupusc said:

Through 7 games, NYJ have 139 rushing attempts and not one has gone for 20 yards or more. Ugh.

This is just plain sad. From a team who, even though they were never dominant on the ground, still focused on the ground and pound game and I believe that, coupled with a solid defense, was the reason they made the AFC championship twice. It's sad to see the last solid leg that the Jets were balancing on is now crumbling to a pile of crap.

1 hour ago, wayzupusc said:

That's a horrible stat. Yuck.

12 minutes ago, Greg83 said:

That's a horrible stat. Yuck.

To be fair, Bell has never been the best at 20+ yard runs. He’s always been great at getting 5 and moving the chains 

2 hours ago, wayzupusc said:

This is true. It's not on Darnold.  If the OL is that bad (it truly is), it's up to the coaches to adjust to compensate for their ineptitude.

Take the Cardinals for example...their OL is as bad or worse than NYJ in terms of talent/depth. They use quick passes, a lot of screens and a ton of shotgun formation so their OL isn't depended on as much. Granted, it's Kliff Kingsbury air raid offense but you'd think after giving up 34 sacks in 7 games the Jets staff would try something different. 

Clearly, the Jets should go to the spread offense.

Defenses won't know what to do when Mrs. Pacman is slinging it to Josh Bellamy and the withered carcass of DT.

8 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Clearly, the Jets should go to the spread offense.

Defenses won't know what to do when Mrs. Pacman is slinging it to Josh Bellamy and the withered carcass of DT.

I lol'd...yea, their WR corps is about as bad as their OL. They do have Robby Anderson, Crowder & Ryan Griffin proved an adequate pass catcher in Houston...with Bell & Bilal Powell, they have some tools to work with if they wanted to spread things out & get creative. Clearly what they're doing now is redefining futile. LeVeon wishes he was back in Pittsburgh.

Edited by wayzupusc
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

I lol'd...yea, their WR corps is about as bad as their OL. They do have Robby Anderson, Crowder & Ryan Griffin proved an adequate pass catcher in Houston...with Bell & Bilal Powell, they have some tools to work with if they wanted to spread things out & get creative. Clearly what they're doing now is redefining futile. LeVeon wishes he was back in Pittsburgh.

Robby would be a legit weapon if they didn't have a shell shocked QB right now.

Maybe their best bet is 12 personnel when Herdon gets back.  Griffen looked competent yesterday.

The biggest problem is the scraps they are dealing with in the interior I think.  Osemele getting hurt and Kahlil busting have been disastrous.  Hypothetically Beachem-Lewis-Compton-Winters-Shell wouldn't be world beaters but could at least keep Bell clean until he hits the LOS against a lot of fronts on their schedule if they can get their act together and defenses were at least aware they could be beaten by the pass.

As I suspect most James Conner owners could tell you, Pittsburgh's offense hasn't been a bed of roses without Ben and AB.  But yeah they appear to be turning it around quicker than this outfit.

11 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Robby would be a legit weapon if they didn't have a shell shocked QB right now.

Maybe their best bet is 12 personnel when Herdon gets back.  Griffen looked competent yesterday.

The biggest problem is the scraps they are dealing with in the interior I think.  Osemele getting hurt and Kahlil busting have been disastrous.  Hypothetically Beachem-Lewis-Compton-Winters-Shell wouldn't be world beaters but could at least keep Bell clean until he hits the LOS against a lot of fronts on their schedule if they can get their act together and defenses were at least aware they could be beaten by the pass.

As I suspect most James Conner owners could tell you, Pittsburgh's offense hasn't been a bed of roses without Ben and AB.  But yeah they appear to be turning it around quicker than this outfit.

I miss Mangold and Faneca.

• Like 2

Fine, the Jets OL is terrible.  Then, throw Bell the ball about ten times a game.  It's not rocket surgery.  These offensive masterminds (Nagy/Gase/Taylor), all think they're smarter than everybody else.  Maybe they are though, as they somehow convinced NFL GM's/owners, to hire them.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

Fine, the Jets OL is terrible.  Then, throw Bell the ball about ten times a game.  It's not rocket surgery.  These offensive masterminds (Nagy/Gase/Taylor), all think they're smarter than everybody else.  Maybe they are though, as they somehow convinced NFL GM's/owners, to hire them.  

Playing the devil's advocate here.. Darnold has had NO time in the pocket to even see ghosts. Guy has pass rushers in his grill before he even snaps the ball.

1 minute ago, MSkibisky said:

Playing the devil's advocate here.. Darnold has had NO time in the pocket to even see ghosts. Guy has pass rushers in his grill before he even snaps the ball.

Yeah, I'm not gonna pretend like Gase has had the perfect game plans, but screens can be just as ineffective as ten yard out patterns if dudes can't block and the QB is giving the ball away.

Hell, we saw Mayfield give the Patriots the ball on a shovel pass yesterday.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

The Jets need to tell Darnold to dump the ball off to Le’Veon.   Darnold is fairly good at avoiding the pass rush, but he usually looks for his WR or TE after that.  He needs to dump off more passes to Bell on the early downs because Bell has a better chance at a big play even if he is closer to the los. 

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 2

Maybe taking a year off has also diminished some of what he had, I cannot believe he sat out only to go to a horrible team. I wanted to draft him but I was not reaching for him and fortunately someone valued him higher. Dodged a big one there no doubt. Of course the whole offense is average at best with what seems like an inferior OL. But I feel like he lost his hi caliber skills and he went from a premium RB to just a good one.