Fantasy Gooroo

Le'Veon Bell 2019 Outlook

9 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

Exactly. 

"Love of the game" means something if you're an amateur. These guys are all professionals. You know what defines the difference? The paycheck.

I come to work to earn my paycheck. Now, I have a work ethic and a desire to do my best every day, to help my "team" win. But if someone was willing to double [or more] my pay if I left, even if it wasn't as stable of a company as the one I currently work for? Yeah, I'd take that. And I'd work just as hard to "win", even if it was a more uphill battle because it wasn't the better company.

Bell, to any outward viewer, is working his butt off for his paycheck and his teammates. Yeah, by going to the Jets maybe he's never going to win a Super Bowl ring. But that doesn't mean he's not out there doing his best. 

And, if on the other hand the company you worked for had a reputation for recruiting good talent out of college and not paying up to their talent level when it came time for a salary negotiation, you certainly can't be faulted for looking for a new gig when the time came as opposed to working for less than you are worth "for love of the game."

People may love the product you make and not care about your salary, but that doesn't mean you're the bad guy.

Edited by JE7HorseGod

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He will never be what he was in Pittsburgh ever again.

Some guys are in it solely for the money and Bell is one of those guys.

Sorry for owners of this turd 💩

The only turd bigger than this turd is the coach he ended up playing for this year.

💩

👆🙊🤣

Lol. God forbid somebody try to make as much money as possible at THEIR JOB. What was he thinking? He should be playing for Love of the Game! Do you guys go in to your job every day and tell your boss "naw man. you don't have to pay me today. i love it here so much i'm just gonna count widgets for free!" As an added benefit does your job, which you're working for free because you love it so much, destroy your body and wreck your mind?

Of course he's in it for the money! It's his job! Why is it everybody involved with the NFL gets to treat it as a business except for the guys who are actually playing the game and paying the price to do so?

And before somebody says "well they get paid lots of money to play a game they should just shut up and play" the reason they get paid that much money is because people with the ability to play at the NFL level are an incredibly scarce commodity--a commodity that makes a LOT of money for a lot of other people. Their labor is priced as such. Trust me--if the NFL could get it cheaper they would. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jubanton said:

These guys are really dragging their feet on these results...

Yup... a bit concerning 

53 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

These guys are really dragging their feet on these results...

52 minutes ago, Proto24 said:

Yup... a bit concerning 

probably just waiting to see if Gase ends up getting fired first 

2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

I mean I’m on the boat of paying him. He was always a baller. Dude played his heart out. That said, no team paying a RB a record breaking deal is going to win anything. Who are the top 5 highest paid right now? Gurley? Lol. David Johnson? No RB is worth top money. Bell Gurley and DJ are basically proving that this year. We’ll see what happens with Zeke. 

Show me where Bell hurt you. Just kidding man, but you do seem a little bitter. You’re happy he’s sucking on the Jets. Meanwhile Steelers have a solid guy in Conner, but can’t stay healthy. Ben’s window is closing or is closed. I woulda probably paid Bell for the last shot at winning one. Franchising him twice was kind of a D move.

Gurley was paid last year and they almost won a SB. Knee injury kills that though. DJ, still deserves a chance. Zeke still gives the boys the best chance to win.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Whether he's hurt or not, your "production" won't suffer. He's been as good as a streamer all year. 

Couldn't care less if he's hurt actually. And no - no one on the Jest is worth a pickup to "take advantage" (lol).

2 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Whether he's hurt or not, your "production" won't suffer. He's been as good as a streamer all year. 

Couldn't care less if he's hurt actually. And no - no one on the Jest is worth a pickup to "take advantage" (lol).

This simply isn’t true, unless you’re playing in a standard league 

Just now, Proto24 said:

This simply isn’t true, unless you’re playing in a standard league 

PS - like everyone in the Platinum Club - I don't play PPR. The context of every post I make about a player is Standard, not PPR league settings.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Show me where Bell hurt you. Just kidding man, but you do seem a little bitter. You’re happy he’s sucking on the Jets. Meanwhile Steelers have a solid guy in Conner, but can’t stay healthy. Ben’s window is closing or is closed. I woulda probably paid Bell for the last shot at winning one. Franchising him twice was kind of a D move.

Gurley was paid last year and they almost won a SB. Knee injury kills that though. DJ, still deserves a chance. Zeke still gives the boys the best chance to win.

The Steelers have run a certain type of program since the dawn of time, which is draft well, and stiff guys on their second contract, if they decide to stay, great, if not, moving on (certain notable exceptions apply, like Rothlisberger, but this has been true practically going back to the Steel Curtain).

The fans dig all that because it taps into the blue collar, lunchpail and hardhat, "love of the game" razz-ma-tazz and ownership does a good job selling it, and they've been successful because they have drafted well.

But, I mean, Franco Harris and Levon Kirkland and Dermonti Dawson and Troy Polamalu don't appear to be coming out of that locker room this year.

As much as they seem to be enjoying LeVeon Bell and Antonio Brown's comeuppance, they appear to be experiencing a touch of it themselves as Mason Rudolph and James Washington can beat the Brian Hoyer's of the world but get a little antsy in the pantsy when playing real deal teams.

• Like 1

This really feels like Bell is going to shut down for a while. 

They need to fire Gase now and light a fire under this squad 

2 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

The Steelers have run a certain type of program since the dawn of time, which is draft well, and stiff guys on their second contract, if they decide to stay, great, if not, moving on (certain notable exceptions apply, like Rothlisberger, but this has been true practically going back to the Steel Curtain).

The fans dig all that because it taps into the blue collar, lunchpail and hardhat, "love of the game" razz-ma-tazz and ownership does a good job selling it, and they've been successful because they have drafted well.

But, I mean, Franco Harris and Levon Kirkland and Dermonti Dawson and Troy Polamalu don't appear to be coming out of that locker room this year.

As much as they seem to be enjoying LeVeon Bell and Antonio Brown's comeuppance, they appear to be experiencing a touch of it themselves as Mason Rudolph and James Washington can beat the Brian Hoyer's of the world but get a little antsy in the pantsy when playing real deal teams.

Not sure why you’re bringing up AB, who forced his way out in spite of many attempts by management to calm the waters. AB was dead set on leaving, and they already had paid him a fat contract. He doesn’t really fit with this narrative.

As a Steelers fan, I’m both ok with how the Steelers handled the Bell situation, and not bitter towards Bell about it (the same can’t be said about AB unfortunately). A man’s gotta make a living, and what Bell did was pure business. The Steelers iirc offered him more money than the Jets, just less guarantees. Conner showed he could fill in admirably last season. I’d be wary of overpaying RBs because they’re both brittle and heavily dependent on situation. For what it’s worth, I hope he succeeds in NY.

as for the Steelers getting their comeuppance... meh, they’ve exceeded my expectations and then some. They’ve won all the games they should’ve. They lost to SF, just like every team is, in a relatively close game. They played Baltimore extremely well (a team who just molly wopped the Pats), but lost in OT. Part of that was some horrific calls, I remember an egregious pass interference in particular, but also I think that was the game Rudolph got knocked out and they had to start Hodges midgame? I’m not making excuses for them, but there was a lot going on in that game, it was messy. They beat a Hoyer led team, but i mean... that’s backup vs. backup. And one QB has far more experience than the other. It doesn’t seem fair to discredit their win there when both teams were playing under non-ideal circumstances.

all this to say that, while I’m not arguing that the Steelers are by any means a force to be reckoned with right now, they’ve certainly done about as well as they could given the circumstances. I’m pretty happy with where they are.

I think no results shared would be an indication that there's no serious injury. If there's something to tell or there was a roster move to make, they'd have done it I would think. MRI results only take as long as the doctor takes to review them and I doubt their doctor would sit on the results without reviewing.

1 TD this season. Jets offense is so out of wack. Weird year with darnold having mono. Never thought Gase was a good coach but now he can use the darnold mono situation to disguise his terrible first year.

9 hours ago, atrium said:

Not sure why you’re bringing up AB, who forced his way out in spite of many attempts by management to calm the waters. AB was dead set on leaving, and they already had paid him a fat contract. He doesn’t really fit with this narrative.

As a Steelers fan, I’m both ok with how the Steelers handled the Bell situation, and not bitter towards Bell about it (the same can’t be said about AB unfortunately). A man’s gotta make a living, and what Bell did was pure business. The Steelers iirc offered him more money than the Jets, just less guarantees. Conner showed he could fill in admirably last season. I’d be wary of overpaying RBs because they’re both brittle and heavily dependent on situation. For what it’s worth, I hope he succeeds in NY.

as for the Steelers getting their comeuppance... meh, they’ve exceeded my expectations and then some. They’ve won all the games they should’ve. They lost to SF, just like every team is, in a relatively close game. They played Baltimore extremely well (a team who just molly wopped the Pats), but lost in OT. Part of that was some horrific calls, I remember an egregious pass interference in particular, but also I think that was the game Rudolph got knocked out and they had to start Hodges midgame? I’m not making excuses for them, but there was a lot going on in that game, it was messy. They beat a Hoyer led team, but i mean... that’s backup vs. backup. And one QB has far more experience than the other. It doesn’t seem fair to discredit their win there when both teams were playing under non-ideal circumstances.

all this to say that, while I’m not arguing that the Steelers are by any means a force to be reckoned with right now, they’ve certainly done about as well as they could given the circumstances. I’m pretty happy with where they are.

Bell and Brown, right or wrong, are intrinsically linked in the discussion given that they were both incredible on field talents who left at the same time, albeit under different circumstances.

The more general point is this, the Steelers hardball contract negotiations.  And it's smart on their part.  But I also think that in some cases, it leads to some animosity between their fans and some of their former players, who do the smart thing as well and leave for teams giving up more cash for their talents.

Sometimes when I hear this stuff from some people, not saying you, but generally, about players who left because, "they only care about the money" I have to laugh.  I mean, of course they left for more money.

This is my biased, positive, and somewhat realistic take on what's happening. For a variety of reasons, some think Bell is stupid. He is not. The man is just about his $. I don't think he cares as much about the losing. If he did, he would have taken the less guaranteed, more lucrative contract in Pittsburgh. That's why you've heard all these positive reports. He doesn't care (as much), he's making money.

What he cares about now are his #s and his health. This is why he went to Gase after the Jags game, because when you aren't getting him touches, you're affecting his future earnings. And it's why we're hearing for the 2nd time this year of a surprise MRI. He's being extra cautious. The worst thing that can happen to his future $ is a major injury. And he'll do whatever it takes to avoid that.

If it was a season-ender or a multi-week major injury, I think we would have heard about it yesterday. That's a pretty quick diagnosis. Same thing if he is completely healthy. What I expect is he's nicked up and will demand maintenance for the rest of the season, i.e. less practice time. Worst case scenario, he misses a game. 

We'll see if I'm right in a few hours.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

This is my biased, positive, and somewhat realistic take on what's happening. For a variety of reasons, some think Bell is stupid. He is not. The man is just about his $. I don't think he cares as much about the losing. If he did, he would have taken the less guaranteed, more lucrative contract in Pittsburgh. That's why you've heard all these positive reports. He doesn't care (as much), he's making money.

What he cares about now are his #s and his health. This is why he went to Gase after the Jags game, because when you aren't getting him touches, you're affecting his future earnings. And it's why we're hearing for the 2nd time this year of a surprise MRI. He's being extra cautious. The worst thing that can happen to his future $ is a major injury. And he'll do whatever it takes to avoid that.

If it was a season-ender or a multi-week major injury, I think we would have heard about it yesterday. That's a pretty quick diagnosis. Same thing if he is completely healthy. What I expect is he's nicked up and will demand maintenance for the rest of the season, i.e. less practice time. Worst case scenario, he misses a game. 

We'll see if I'm right in a few hours.

Good writeup here and this makes a lot of sense. My only question is (and I truly don’t know) isn’t he guaranteed quite a bit of money? So wouldn’t an injury not necessarily effect that?

1 minute ago, Proto24 said:

Good writeup here and this makes a lot of sense. My only question is (and I truly don’t know) isn’t he guaranteed quite a bit of money? So wouldn’t an injury not necessarily effect that?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/leveon-bell-12329/

Signing bonus is guaranteed money, roster is his game checks, misc is bonuses.

Okay, yeah, really dont feel so confident anymore now that they've signed another rb to the roster. Hoping to get news soon.

15 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

The difference between LeVeon Bell and Derrick Henry this year is .8 points per game.

8 yards.

The contrasting way in which you speak of these two RBs is hilarious.

Just a reminder for those that play standard Henry is averaging 14.2 pts a game and Bell 9.8

As a Dolphins fan Gase looks great for the Jets.  What a terrible coach.  Having said that Bell is still a good RB, he's just in a tough position this year.  He's been giving it everything but not getting a lot of help around him.