Fantasy Gooroo

Le'Veon Bell 2019 Outlook

Doesn't say much. You get another surprise MRI from your top back, what would you do if you were the Jets? If it makes us feel nervous, imagine what it does to the people who rely on him for their livelihood (Gase, Darnold). We'll see. All will be known in a few hours. 

God that pompous asshat Matthew Berry is going to bring up his negative outlook on Bell, specifically his injury prone status, non-stop.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Signed Josh Adams

R.I.P Bell

thus far only Zubin Mehta has weighed in - no Cimini yet - ergo, this will be hand waved by most until more "reliable" cats chime in ... but, here it is 🤷‍♂️

Bad news here for Bell owners.

I'm just trying to sort out who to pick up behind Bell.....Powell and Ty would probably form some kind of timeshare if Bell were out.

Not sure either guy is very appealing.

I doubt it’s season ending because he finished the game without issue. But I think this is more of an “I don’t wanna play for Gase” injury than anything. But it really feels like Bell isn’t going to do much for the rest of the season. 

it will be interesting to see how the team responds to this. Clearly Gase needs to go. 

2 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Is Powell the back to own over Montgomery?

Just now, tts42572 said:

Bad news here for Bell owners.

I'm just trying to sort out who to pick up behind Bell.....Powell and Ty would probably form some kind of timeshare if Bell were out.

Not sure either guy is very appealing.

apparently Gase lobbied for & "recruited" TMonty ... and he looked damn good in the exhibition games as the L'ev understudy. 

Just a heads up Ty Monty got hurt during the game. Might be the reason josh Adams was brought up. 

5 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Just a heads up Ty Monty got hurt during the game. Might be the reason josh Adams was brought up. 

Seems like wishful thinking at this point, but I’ll take wishful because it’s the only thing we have left

2 minutes ago, Proto24 said:

Seems like wishful thinking at this point, but I’ll take wishful because it’s the only thing we have left

I mean I agree lol. Figured it deserved a mention though. 

Montgomery went down holding a knee on a punt return this week and didn't return to the game afterwards.

Additionally, reports are that Josh Adams might have been picked up by a different team if the Jets didn't promote him.  And the Jets put a different player on IR so they didn't have to cut anybody to sign Adams.

Relax folks, this likely isn't about Bell.

Edited by SwissCheese77

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i won't buy this as any more than a smokescreen 'til we are apprised of the MRI results 🤷‍♂️

Yup

• Thanks 1

Hmm.  Was Josh Adams such a coveted player that the competitive Jets didn't want to see him go?  Sounds fishy.

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

Hmm.  Was Josh Adams such a coveted player that the competitive Jets didn't want to see him go?  Sounds fishy.

To be honest I was surprised he was on a practice squad. He flashed with the eagles a bit last year. 

9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i won't buy this as any more than a smokescreen 'til we are apprised of the MRI results 🤷‍♂️

Certainly to be regarded with suspicion.

20 minutes ago, CooL said:

He might be in their long term plans. Both TyMont and Bilal Powell are on 1 year contracts iirc. 

Also it could have been someone who wanted to trade for Bell and wouldn’t pay the asking price, in which case...fuk em